Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Corrupt Graphics Vista 32bit

Page: 1 of 1
 Jarrstin
08-03-2007, 1:15 PM
I'm having problems with running X-Wing Alliance in 3d Hardware mode. I've tried everything and I can't seem to fix the problem. The cockpit's are showing up corrupt, as well as the lighting all around and ships appearing/disappearing sporadically. I've tried various setting changes and I've tried uninstalling it to see if that would help, but it doesn't. I will try and have a picture in a few mins.

System stats:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13ghz Processor
eVGA GeForce 7950GT 512mb PCI-E Video Card
Nvida Forceware Version 162.22
2gb DDR2 667 RAM (2x 1gb)
Windows Vista 32-bit Ultimate Edition
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024

I've also downloaded the lates DX drivers but to no avail. Please help!

Edit: Picture added. It doesn't show in great detail what the problem is but I hope it can help.

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/861/untitled1pl5.jpg)
 Wildstar
08-03-2007, 2:54 PM
The picture looks like just a problem with the HUD fonts, which the All-Resolutions Font Set (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=file&id=1302&PHPSESSID=84b9ebc13bf747af6a9d453e92a8d315) may be able to fix, but I don't know about the rest of your problems...was the Forceware driver a recent upgrade? If so, and you're having similar problems in other games, you may want to think about downgrading the driver, preferably to the oldest version that still supports your card.
 Jarrstin
08-03-2007, 4:44 PM
I've managed to fix the problem. According to Lucasarts' website, it says that for the Geforece FX series it suggests the following:

- Antialiasing=8X
- Anisotropic=8X
- Force MipMaps=Trilinear
- Conformant Texture Clamp=On
- Extension Limit=Off

Well since it is a Geforce card (though not an FX) I gave this a try but it didn't work. So I decided to play around with these and instead I set the first two to Application Controlled and set Force MipMaps to Bilinear and it worked!
Page: 1 of 1