Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing 'swkotor.ini' help.

Page: 1 of 1
 TrayusCore
07-25-2007, 6:09 AM
I'm trying to add the line EnableScreenShot=1 so I can take screenshots for my mod BUT whenever I try to save the changes I get this message:

'Cannot create the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.'

If I click 'OK' I get taken to the Save As screen and if I click Save I get the message:

'swkotor.ini already exists.
Do you want to replace it?'

If I click yes I get the first message again.

I've got a feeling this is because I have Vista but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone have any ideas?
 stoffe
07-25-2007, 6:14 AM
I'm trying to add the line EnableScreenShot=1 so I can take screenshots for my mod BUT whenever I try to save the changes I get this message:

'Cannot create the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\swkotor.ini file.

Make sure that the path and file name are correct.'

Make sure that the file isn't write protected, and if you are using an account with reduced privileges make sure the account has permissions to modify files and write to the KOTOR game folder (ownership of the folder would likely be required unless you use an account with Administrator privileges to modify it).

You could try to right-click on the Notepad.exe icon and pick "Run as..." (in the popup context menu) and pick the admin account to run it with, and then open the INI file with it.
 TrayusCore
07-25-2007, 6:17 AM
Thanks stoffe, running Notepad as an administrator worked. Thanks again. :D
 TrayusCore
07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Apologies for the double post but I thought it'd be best to start a new post for a new problem.

Anyway, I've successfully added EnableScreenShot=1 but when I press print screen no screenshots show up in the KotOR folder and when I go into paint pasting only provides me with a black screen.
 stoffe
07-25-2007, 5:03 PM
Apologies for the double post but I thought it'd be best to start a new post for a new problem.

Anyway, I've successfully added EnableScreenShot=1 but when I press print screen no screenshots show up in the KotOR folder and when I go into paint pasting only provides me with a black screen.

Did you put the line in the correct place in the swkotor.ini file? It should be added under the [Game Options] section if I remember correctly.

It should create a TGA screenshot file in the game folder when you press the Print Screen button. If the line is in the correct place it might be another Vista-related problem. A wild guess would be that the game lacks permissions to create new files in the kotor game folder.
 jessefett
08-02-2007, 5:12 AM
hey if you want an easyier way to change the .ini go to the kotor folder at the top it'll say compatability files. click that and you'll come to another .ini which can be alterd
 Jedi_Council
08-27-2007, 7:17 AM
Make sure that the file isn't write protected, and if you are using an account with reduced privileges make sure the account has permissions to modify files and write to the KOTOR game folder (ownership of the folder would likely be required unless you use an account with Administrator privileges to modify it).

You could try to right-click on the Notepad.exe icon and pick "Run as..." (in the popup context menu) and pick the admin account to run it with, and then open the INI file with it. I have had the same problem I was wondering how i change the write protection (if that is the problem). I can't fine it :\
 ChAiNz.2da
08-27-2007, 9:02 AM
I have had the same problem I was wondering how i change the write protection (if that is the problem). I can't fine it :\
right-click on the file and select "properties" then make sure that "read-only" isn't checked. If it is, un-check it :)
 Jedi_Council
08-28-2007, 2:32 AM
Nope, it aint ticked, never has been so i still can't modify it :(

Someone help me.... plzzzzz

Edit: Soz for double post but same as trayus.... I have done it properly saved it with admin annd still won't work???
Page: 1 of 1