Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monkey Island 1 remake - help

Page: 1 of 1
 paprik123456
07-14-2007, 2:49 AM
Hi Guys, I am looking for reliable experienced programer for Monkey Island remake, which gone be done very soon. Graphics looks really good. You must know MI story good too. Pls let me know.
 Joshi
07-14-2007, 8:00 PM
How much have you done so far? Do you have any work completed? Artwork, characters, anything?
 Resley
07-30-2007, 1:48 PM
Hi Patrik
I read your notes in the other forum about the Monkey Island remake (where they were talking about screen resolutions instead;-)) and saw the pictures at your homepage. They're great! I'm interested in drawing the characters (or some of them) if you still want a 2D version. In my opinion the remake must be in 2D, otherwise the click&point feeling gets lost. That would be sad.
Another important thing: if I'm going to draw Guybrush in the remake of MI1 I don't want him as he appears in MI3 (like Goofy). Sure, Guybrush is not a real hero but nevertheless he's quite confident and not such a softie. Here is my sketch drawing as an example: http://picasaweb.google.com/resther.album/Guybrush/photo#5093045344459339186)
I hope you understood my bad english (I'm swiss by the way) and I'm looking forward to the remake of MI1.
 tizerist
08-05-2007, 8:14 AM
paprik, its very good to see you still in the process of doing this!

soon finished you say? i only discovered one of your posts about this project about half an hour ago! only problem was the posts were over 2 years old. i never expected to come across you again, i thought this would be dead in the water, like so many fan-games end up being.

please please keep us updated on this. this looks like being the best MI game since MI4.
 ThunderPeel2001
08-19-2007, 6:39 PM
Hi Paprik, you need to be more specific in your requests. There's a lot of talented programmers out there, but you're not clear about what you need. Are you going to make the characters 3D? If so, that would require a TREMENDOUS amount of work, even if you used the models from Escape from Monkey Island (which wouldn't be a bad idea).

Using 2D models would be very much easier, as you could use pre-exiting software to create your adventure game (AGS - www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk) for example).

You're clearly a very talented artist, I love the examples I've seen (and I imagine they look even better now, too), please don't get your project stuck while trying to find someone who's prepared to spend months creating a 3D graphic adventure engine.

Good luck!
 BigMike322
09-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I definitly want to check it out when it's done.
 Mish87
02-18-2008, 3:45 PM
I'd love to have worked with this clown if he wasn't so far up his own......ego?
Page: 1 of 1