Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Messed up my dialog.tlk :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Wonder Bread
07-12-2007, 1:53 PM
Well like an idiot I accidently saved a TSL dialog file with kotor tool and lost about half of the dialog.tlk!:cry8: Anybody lnow a way to get out of this predicament?
 EnderWiggin
07-12-2007, 3:55 PM
I think that's one of the files we are not allowed to share on this forum.

One thing I can think of would be to backup your saves, modules, and override folders, along with anything else you've edited, and reinstall your game.

I do think, however, that there are a couple of mods that distribute a modded *.tlk. Though, I don't know if you can get to any of them because PCGM is dead.

Hope this helps.

_EW_
 Arбtoeldar
07-12-2007, 4:17 PM
You can get a modified dialog.tlk from the Vogga the Hut Fuel Fix at TeamGizka.org
 Wonder Bread
07-12-2007, 4:23 PM
Thats a .dlg folder. Also I tryed reinstalling ddidnt work.
 stoffe
07-12-2007, 4:29 PM
Well like an idiot I accidently saved a TSL dialog file with kotor 2 and lost about half of the dialog.tlk!:cry8: Anybody lnow a way to get out of this predicament?

You can also find the dialog.tlk file on your K2:TSL Play Disc CD, it's located in plain view in the root folder of the CD. :)
 Wonder Bread
07-12-2007, 4:43 PM
It was the one that got tampered with. Does anyone know of a mod that lets you get a new one.
 tk102
07-12-2007, 5:08 PM
I do not think your dialog.tlk has been corrupted.

KotOR Tool does not modify the dialog.tlk file, only extracted (or brand new) .dlg files. The dialog.tlk file is a master list of strings for the game. The .dlg files are just references to certain entries in that list that are grouped together to form a conversation. If you corrupted a .dlg file, just re-extract it using KotOR Tool and edit in with DLGEditor.
 rgdelta
07-12-2007, 5:23 PM
if he used like tlk editor like Stoffe's it is possible. Stoffe was saying on your TSL CD's you cannot corrupt it on a read only media like the original cd.
Page: 1 of 1