Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Black Screen on Dantooine

Page: 1 of 1
 GodOfWar3033
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Mod Note: Thread split from Black Screen on Telos (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=174166) thread in The Work Bench as this is an XBox question, and XBox questions belong in the Ebon Hawk's Machine Room. Thanks. -RH

Same thing happenend 2 me, but my black screen has appeared on the KOTOR 2 xbox version. Right after i talk to the head warrior of Dantonie and watch the mini clip of the 2 groups of warriors getting at it, my game loads into a black screen. I'm able to access my menus, hear background music, and i can even see what's going on after I save the game and view the picture to show where i am. Do anybody have any idea what to do?

I was wondering if the problem is caused by me playing the game on the xbox 360, but i have read other posted replies and they say that the problem is happening on the computer also. I'm now thinking that it may just be a game glitch that's kind of difficult of getting around. I thought that maybe if i didn't do all the opitional quest as fixing the turrents, med droid, assualt droids, etc. that maybe it would avoid the problem, but unlucky for me i didn't save at the beginning of the world. This may sound a bit much, but could someone help?
 Reclaimer
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Ok, I was about to ask if you were playing on a 360 or old Xbox, but I saw you're on a 360, so here we go.

Do you have the core version or the other models with built in hard drives? I believe you need a hard drive to play the old Xbox games, because they don't work on the Core system.

Now, all you have to do is clear your game/system cache. Either hold A as it loads, or do http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11131/Xbox-360-Cache-Clear-Code-Revealed/) (this.)

Hope that helps!
 Chilee
10-10-2007, 6:51 PM
Ok, I was about to ask if you were playing on a 360 or old Xbox, but I saw you're on a 360, so here we go.

Do you have the core version or the other models with built in hard drives? I believe you need a hard drive to play the old Xbox games, because they don't work on the Core system.

Now, all you have to do is clear your game/system cache. Either hold A as it loads, or do http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11131/Xbox-360-Cache-Clear-Code-Revealed/) (this.)

Hope that helps!
/////////

Hi, I have exactly the same issue after standing up to the mercenaries attack on Koonda. Black screen, menus work, but i am playing on an original Xbox.
Please help, i love this game and feel lost without it!!
I stupidly cleared up a load of old save games just before this happened.
I also noticed that after killing the mercenaries in the crystal caves that Master Vrook did not exit the cage. The force field is still there (which i seem to be able to walk through), i can select Vrook, but nothing happens when i press 'A' on him.

P.S. I saw Keira first!!
 psycho_mantis
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for mentioning Vrook and the cage, I have been trying to figure out this issue for a long time.
I am using XBOX and here is how I was able to get around this issue.
#1 Go back to a previous save and verify after you kill the Mercenaires in the cave, if Vrook's cage is still intact.
#2 If so, load the game again and choose the conversations with the Mercenaires holding Vrook hostage. Choose the conversation dark path where you strengthen his cage and get 300 credits from the Mercenaires.
#3 Leave and go back to finalize the battle plan etc. You may see some new conversations with Azual, new mines around etc.
#4 Watch out, because after the cut scene battle that used to lock up, Vrook is standing in the government lobby there and he is not very happy and you must fight him.
#5 You can try to fight him, but I could not beat him, so i grabbed my group and left for another planet, with the hope I can come back to Dantoonie after leveling up to beat him.
Page: 1 of 1