Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

E.F.M.I ( MI4 ) Installation Problem!

Page: 1 of 1
 Super Guybrush
07-09-2007, 4:11 PM
Hi! I've searched, and I didn't found the solution for my problem! The game menu starts ( Install , Help , Options , Exit ) , And when I click in "Install" , an error appears! ( I'm Portuguese, so I will try to explain in english! ), ( The Title is : "Subsistem 16 Bits ) - "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CONFIG.NT. The File Of The System Isn't "Good" to execute MS-DOS and aplications of Microsoft Windows. Choose "Close" To Exit the aplication" ( In Portuguese : C:\... . O Ficheiro de Sistema nгo й adequado para executar MS-DOS e aplicaзхes do Microsoft Windows. Escolha "Fechar" para terminar a aplicaзгo )... I Don't Know how to solve this... In My Brother's Computer, ( It's Better than mine! ) The Game Starts Installing... And I remember that Some years ago ( In XP ! ), the game don't have this prob.... ( Microsoft Windows XP Profissional 2002 Service Pack 2 ) , ( Intel Pentium III , 551 MHz, 256 MB Ram )

Thanks !! Obrigado !! ;-)

P.S - Sorry If My English Is Bad = P!!
 Thrik
07-10-2007, 7:38 AM
If you use a 64-bit processor and operating system, you can't use 16-bit installers (which a lot of games came with a while ago, even if the game itself was 32-bit). There may be a way to bypass the installer completely, but you'd need someone like bgbennyboy (who I'll divert to this thread at some point, and who made an alternative installer for Grim Fandango) to help with that.

Since your error mentions 16-bit, this may very well be the issue.
 bgbennyboy
07-12-2007, 12:20 PM
You also didn't say what version of Windows you are trying to install on.
 Super Guybrush
07-15-2007, 4:13 PM
( Microsoft Windows XP Profissional 2002 Service Pack 2 )

Isn't That ?? :D
 bgbennyboy
07-17-2007, 7:30 AM
So thats the computer you're trying to get it working on now? So its normal windows xp not 64 bit version?
Page: 1 of 1