Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sitting NPC

Page: 1 of 1
 Miltiades
07-02-2007, 3:59 PM
Okay, I know this has been asked before, but apparently, I can't seem to get NPCs sitting to work properly.

I tried two different things: First I tried it with an NPC, and used the first script from this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=154232&highlight=sitting) thread. The NPC sits, but not in the right direction. I've put in numerous different numbers as the vector, but it just doesn't work.

Then I tried it with a "sitting placeable", but instead of sitting, it's laying dead.

Any idea what's wrong?
 Tupac Amaru
07-03-2007, 3:49 AM
Try using SetFacing instead of SetFacingPoint. It only requires a single number as argument instead of a vector to have the NPC facing in a certain direction. For example,
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, SetFacing(180.0)); will make the character look to the west. You can get the orientation value with the whereami armband.
 Miltiades
07-03-2007, 8:51 AM
Yep, that does the job. Thanks. ;)

Edit: Hmm, they don't want to sit into the chairs. I'm using the Harbinger Command Deck module (151har) and tried to let the NPCs sit into the chairs in the briefing room. But instead of sitting in the chairs, they're sitting behind it.

I suspect this is because there's no walkmesh in that place... Which means there's no solution for it, I guess. Unless someone does have a solution...
 Qui-Gon Glenn
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi Miltiades :hattip:

Magnusll has a program that will edit walkmesh for K1 I believe, not sure about TSL. It may be simple.... ;)
 Miltiades
07-04-2007, 4:56 AM
Hiya Glenn ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. I may try it out, but maybe I'll wait until others have tried it out some more. I'm not exactly a 3DSMAX expert. :p
Page: 1 of 1