Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

thrust / brake glitch and camera dropping back

Page: 1 of 1
 arrowstorm
06-25-2007, 7:11 PM
Hello. As a nostalgic player of Rogue Squadron 3D, I finally downloaded the game onto my new super duper dual processor computer and found what I believe is the thrust/ braking glitch. After many attempts at fiddling with options, turning them on, off, switching them and all that, I tried to find something out on the net.

Needless to say, there is almost NOTHING on the net about this glitch except what you may find in this forum and a few others. What I DID find, though, was that if you pres F1, it will change your view to right BEHIND the craft, and the brake/thrust glitch goes away and everything is fine.

Again, this advice pertains to the thrust/brake glitch which basically does not let you brake at all, but gradually accelerates your craft until it is nothing more than a little spot in the distance, FAR beyond your camera.

If you can live with flying your missions from right behind the tail end of the craft you're piloting (I know I can), then you may not expierience this glitch by simply pressing F1.

I hope this helps anyone who was encountering the same frustations I was until I discovered this.
Page: 1 of 1