Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bastila's clothes transparent?

Page: 1 of 1
 SykoRevan
06-22-2007, 4:45 PM
In my game, Bastila's default clothing texture (P_BastilaBB01) is transparent in some areas. This has always bothered me. Here is a screen to show you what I mean (for all you who might be thinking her clothes are a different kind of see-through :p)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/SykoShadow/KotOR0000d.jpg)

As you can see if you look, T3's eye is visible through Bastila's clothes near her right breast (to people looking, it's to the left) It's much more noticeable in other areas like when speaking to her because then when the camera goes up-close to her, you see everything behind her, but my game won't take screenshots during dialog for some reason. I'm wondering who else has this problem. I've already fixed it in my game, but if more people have this same problem, I want to release the fix to the public as a mod.
 knightmare66
06-22-2007, 9:26 PM
I think someone has already released a fix for this.

As for the origin of this problem, it's likely that Bioware intended the leather parts of her clothing to be envmapped, but forgot about it later on.
 SykoRevan
06-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Do you have a link to this?
 Shrub91
06-23-2007, 2:08 AM
All you'd have to do is extract Bastila's clothes texture and flatten it in GIMP or Photoshop.

I'd do it myself, but I don't have KotOR Tool (I run K1 on my Mac).
 SykoRevan
06-23-2007, 2:56 AM
Actually, I found another clothing texture for Bastila that isn't used in-game that I replaced the old one with. It's called P_bastillaBB01, as opposed to the skin used in-game, which is P_BastilaBB01. Not only is it non-transparent, it has slightly different color than the original one. I don't know why BioWare didn't use that one instead of the transparent one.
 ChAiNz.2da
06-23-2007, 3:16 AM

As for the origin of this problem, it's likely that Bioware intended the leather parts of her clothing to be envmapped, but forgot about it later on.
This is most likely the problem. More than likely the envmap assigned to the clothing mixed with the .tga it uses probably doesn't have an absolute black channel (alpha) which will cause slight transparencies :)
 Shrub91
06-23-2007, 5:36 PM
Actually, I found another clothing texture for Bastila that isn't used in-game that I replaced the old one with. It's called P_bastillaBB01, as opposed to the skin used in-game, which is P_BastilaBB01. Not only is it non-transparent, it has slightly different color than the original one. I don't know why BioWare didn't use that one instead of the transparent one.
Hmmm, interesting.....

Could you post it, please?

I'm rather curious what it looks like.
:)
 kingofbladeslv
06-26-2007, 8:00 PM
I believe this is the solution to the problem. It works for me, though:

Open up your appearance.2da file and change the envmap value for Party_NPC_Bastila to CM_Baremetal.

Hope this helps.
Page: 1 of 1