Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Depth in customisation.

Page: 1 of 1
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-10-2007, 3:34 PM
What you guys think we should be able to customize on the game, without turning it into a RPG?

What about mixing Force Powers.

Like, you'll be using Force Lighting on a bunch of Stormtroopers. Then, some electric resistant enemies shows up behind the stormies. Now, you must still be targeting the stormtroopers or they'll start firing you. Since they're in a queue (one behind the other) you press two buttons and unleash what I should cal of Force Storm. All you press is the button of Force Lighting + the Force Push one, converting your attack into a ray of light that throws your enemies at walls.

Some other combos should be made as well. Pressing the Force Repulse button + Force Lighting, should result on Force Hurricane. And so on.
 Fredi
06-10-2007, 4:58 PM
I don't know ... I think I want alot of lightsaber action ....
 Gargoyle King
06-10-2007, 5:00 PM
I don't know ... I think I want alot of lightsaber action ....

Yeah but we always have the JK series for that; i'd like to see a much bigger focus on the force myself personally.
 Fredi
06-10-2007, 5:10 PM
Yeah .... I think they are going to put new force powers ... who knows ...
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-10-2007, 7:02 PM
Yeah .... I think they are going to put new force powers ... who knows ...

The developer's said that they'll only use grip, repulsion, lighting and push powers. That wouldn't mean, though, that those power combos can't be made.
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-10-2007, 7:17 PM
I want to combine some badass Force powers and make a new power, like combine Force Push with Lightning, called it Force Jolt, it would be awesome!
 Jeff
06-10-2007, 7:59 PM
I've heard you can combine different force powers in the developer videos, etc, such as picking up stormtroopers, shocking them with lightning, and then throwing them across the room, essentially creating a force bomb.
 JawaJoey
06-10-2007, 11:46 PM
I like that the game seems to focus only on telekinesis and lightning. That's basic, fun, and offensive. Powers like Protect and Rage from the JK series really only made the game more annoying, IMO.

As for customization, I've been wondering how that will go. Will it be like Jedi Outcast, where you automatically advance as you go along, or the EPIII game, where you have all the powers, but put points to improve certain ones you want. Or will you get everything from the beginning and stay that way?
 Jeff
06-11-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm going to guess that you start out with the four powers but become stronger in using them as the game advances similar to the Episode III game.

Something else on the customization side of things that I thought of, I wonder if you get to choose your lightsaber color? We've seen several different colors in the concept art and pre-vis.
 Diego Varen
06-11-2007, 1:07 AM
Despite the fact that the character is on the dark side, it doesn't mean that the character is forced to use a red lightsaber. Perhaps we could choose different colours and Force Powers aka Episode III/Jedi Knight style as Moeller and others have said.
 Xirion
06-11-2007, 2:16 AM
as long as you can get stronger in LS combat too
also a heal ability would be nice
 RC-1162
06-11-2007, 2:34 AM
I'd like a power where all your enemies go swirling around you at a high speed, somewhat like you are the eye of a hurricane. It'll make me feel like everything revolves around me :D.

For customisation of powers, I think it should be somewhat of a system where you progress on basis of merit. Something like the faster you get rid of the enemies on a level, the stronger you get in the Force powers. The game should also be long enough that even if you progess that way slowly, you should still be able to achieve mastery over all the powers much before the ending.
 Xirion
06-11-2007, 3:13 PM
force wedgie is still the king
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-11-2007, 3:19 PM
Despite the fact that the character is on the dark side, it doesn't mean that the character is forced to use a red lightsaber. Perhaps we could choose different colours and Force Powers aka Episode III/Jedi Knight style as Moeller and others have said.

Who knows? You may also play as the jedi. If that isn't possible, then Jim Ward is very good False advertiser.
 PoiuyWired
06-11-2007, 4:35 PM
My guess is that you might well be one of those rejects of the younglings condamned into the eternal service of some stinking farmers of the agricorps, where vader release you for the suffering by taking you in. So yeah you probably have some force training, just not enough of it to make you great, and things will develop.
 Jeff
06-11-2007, 4:53 PM
My guess is that you might well be one of those rejects of the younglings condamned into the eternal service of some stinking farmers of the agricorps, where vader release you for the suffering by taking you in. So yeah you probably have some force training, just not enough of it to make you great, and things will develop.I remember hearing I believe Haden Blackman say in one of the videos that the apprentice had never been a Jedi or been in Jedi training so he was different in that sense.
 adamqd
06-11-2007, 4:59 PM
I'd of liked it if you could choose the name, gender, species but you can't, and by the looks of the pre vis your not in control of when your lightsaber is ignited (a la epIII game) which sucks. I want to have the choice to change weapons or be a Twilek! I love EPIII and the JK's but the above reasons are why there not as good as they could be. As the game isn't out I could be wrong, but this is what I make of current info.
 PoiuyWired
06-12-2007, 3:22 PM
I don't mind the preset species though. I mean, the so-called customizable species are basically close-to-human ones so far. And yes many species, even more notable and human like ones, are still out of reach.

Yes, but a few simple request.
1) allow swiching on/off of lightsaber.
2) allow use of another weapon. I mean, a blaster is sometimes quite useful a weapon.
 Jeff
06-12-2007, 3:49 PM
2) allow use of another weapon. I mean, a blaster is sometimes quite useful a weapon.So uncivilized! :xp:
 RC-1162
06-13-2007, 4:13 AM
Yes, but a few simple request.
1) allow swiching on/off of lightsaber.
I'm pretty sure that's going to be there, since all the games with lightsabers till now enabled switching on and off of lightsabers (well, except BF1 and BF2)

2) allow use of another weapon. I mean, a blaster is sometimes quite useful a weapon.
They don't call it the Force Unleashed for nothing, you know. ;)
 MachineCult
06-13-2007, 8:22 AM
(well, except BF1 and BF2)
Even in SWBF2, crouching down switches off their lightsabers.
 adamqd
06-13-2007, 1:16 PM
When I say switching off lightsabers, I mean putting it away or hanging it from one's belt not, it turns off when your dead, or on the loo, I mean complete control like JK
 MachineCult
06-13-2007, 3:14 PM
Okay... I was replying RC, and he was quoting Poiuy, but whatever. I agree that sabers on/off should be a feature of this game, I very much doubt that they won't put it in.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-13-2007, 9:18 PM
There may even be the possibilty that you may not even be able yo use your lightsaber!
 Fredi
06-14-2007, 12:05 AM
There may even be the possibilty that you may not even be able yo use your lightsaber!

-_-..... Impossible
 revan_221
06-14-2007, 5:23 AM
i think switching lightsaber is in the game remember force pre-vis when he picks stormies up lightsaberes turns off also if you could drop your robes off and on also your hood and wouldnt be cool when you encounter your enemies then drop your robes off like darth maul then you switch your lightsaber on and beat the hell out of them
 adamqd
06-14-2007, 1:00 PM
Okay... I was replying RC, and he was quoting Poiuy, but whatever. I agree that sabers on/off should be a feature of this game, I very much doubt that they won't put it in.

Sorry dude, It was a general reply, I made it sound like i was directing it at you.
 RC-1162
06-14-2007, 2:47 PM
-_-..... Impossible
Well, actually, if the Apprentice was forced to swim or something and still battle enemies that were in the water and were armed with ranged weapons, then he'd be forced to rely only on the Force, since lightsabers don't generally work underwater, except for Kit Fisto's since his was designed to work underwater.

I think even lightning might be inaccessible in that case, seeing as the Apprentice could kill himself if the lightning arced around while he was in the water.
 Gargoyle King
06-15-2007, 12:59 PM
since lightsabers don't generally work underwater, except for Kit Fisto's since his was designed to work underwater.
I thought for a minute you forgot about that point ;), i think Kit Fisto kicked ass in the Clone Wars animated series!I think even lightning might be inaccessible in that case, seeing as the Apprentice could kill himself if the lightning arced around while he was in the water.
Yep, water & electricity; never a good mix! :D
I think Force Push & Force Grip would still be effective however (although i can't really possibly imagine there being underwater levels in TFU).
 PoiuyWired
06-16-2007, 4:42 AM
Another reason why a sidearm would be good, preferably a slugthrower type. Hmm guided bullets with the force.

But Underwater battles would be interesting though. The idea at least. Well, wonder if there would be any space actions? Zero-G action on top of a capital ship... now thats something never done before.
 MacTavish
06-16-2007, 4:35 PM
Another reason why a sidearm would be good, preferably a slugthrower type. Hmm guided bullets with the force.

But Underwater battles would be interesting though. The idea at least. Well, wonder if there would be any space actions? Zero-G action on top of a capital ship... now thats something never done before.

Force Lightning would look cool in space. :lightning
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-17-2007, 6:45 PM
How about the customization of the lightsaber?

Crystals? Blades? Colors?
I'm hoping for a intricate use of crystals. Like, this one makes your blade wider, and that should be visible. That one makes it shine like a one of Tatooine suns. And so on.
 RC-1162
06-18-2007, 3:35 AM
I know i probably won't be playing it anytime soon because it's not on PC, but how about you actually get to make your lightsaber on your own? I mean, you get these various parts and wires and stuff and you put them together based on information you have on a datapad. That would be much more fun and rewarding, IMO.
 Chenlambec
07-09-2007, 5:55 PM
Force Lightning would look cool in space. :lightning

Force Lightning wouldn't work in space because there is nothing, like air, for the electrical current to travel through. Also, a Jedi wouldn't be able to just stand on capital ships because there is no gravity. They would also need to have a vac suit because Luke Skywalker was victim to outer space and barely survived via Mara Jade in Heir to the Empire. Even if they got out there in a vac suit they wouldn't be able to use Force Lightning because it would fry a whole in their suits...... Lightning proof suits anyone?

But Darth Vader is totally susceptible to lightning and cannot ever use it. So they would have to remake his suit for something like that to be possible.
 Darth Avlectus
09-10-2008, 12:32 AM
What you guys think we should be able to customize on the game, without turning it into a RPG?

What about mixing Force Powers.

Like, you'll be using Force Lighting on a bunch of Stormtroopers. Then, some electric resistant enemies shows up behind the stormies. Now, you must still be targeting the stormtroopers or they'll start firing you. Since they're in a queue (one behind the other) you press two buttons and unleash what I should cal of Force Storm. All you press is the button of Force Lighting + the Force Push one, converting your attack into a ray of light that throws your enemies at walls.

Some other combos should be made as well. Pressing the Force Repulse button + Force Lighting, should result on Force Hurricane. And so on.

Hey, got no qualms with that. 'Cept nobody seems to want to involve hand to hand, or magic--just stay at a pseudo lull between them. It's all the limitations of the SW universe... Though I find arguments about magic kind of annoying, so I definitely understand that. However, I always liked duking it out in a realistic combat sort of way. Kicks ass--especially where you're a little sore from that last jiu-jitsu outing, can't get into it for real but are still lusting to rip someone's head off. Like a DEf-jam, smackdown, GTA, saints row, scarface, and street fighter/MK/KOF/SoulCal/DOA game all mixed into one--and SW would make it all that much sweeter.

Mixing powers eh?

Force push/concussion into your lightsaber blade, and then thrusting and whailing on the hull of a star destroyer should cause it to quake and shatter. OR if someone tries to block such brute power, it'd fail like trying to step in front of a moving car to stop it.

Depth of customization? I totally agree. Smackdown games from SD:shut your mouth! to about SD!2007 have the most in depth customization mode for both appearance and fighting moves I have ever seen. Armored Core games have very advanced (mathematically and mechanical physics intensive)
customization features too.

Should be open ended and fluid. Though it may take awhile to create a character, you are free to be as creative with your expression as you'd like.
 GeneralPloKoon
09-10-2008, 5:46 PM
I like how the lightsaber and force lighting sort of "merge" in the demo, thats pure awesome!
 LordSerion
09-14-2008, 7:07 AM
Maybe there'll be combo creation, you know, first grip then zap and finally repulse the enemy.
As for lightsaber upgrades: maybe there'll be crystals like in KotOR 1-2 that enhance your Force powers or lightsaber attacks. Personally I'd like to have the Mantle of the Force.
 Juno Eclipse
09-14-2008, 1:53 PM
Maybe there'll be combo creation, you know, first grip then zap and finally repulse the enemy.
As for lightsaber upgrades: maybe there'll be crystals like in KotOR 1-2 that enhance your Force powers or lightsaber attacks. Personally I'd like to have the Mantle of the Force.

Different lightsaber crystals will give your character different stats. Blue=speed Red=power, stuff like that. And commenting on the force combos from earlier, you can take any of the four force powers, three lightsaber moves, and three force moves that do not cause damage to unleash about 50-60 different combos. :D

Yes I'm a TFU geek:D:lsduel:
 Rabish Bini
09-15-2008, 3:35 AM
If I can pick up a Stormtrooper, zap him with lightning and then send him flying through a brick wall, destroying it in the process, I'll be VERY happy.
 RyuuKage
09-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Different lightsaber crystals will give your character different stats. Blue=speed Red=power, stuff like that. And commenting on the force combos from earlier, you can take any of the four force powers, three lightsaber moves, and three force moves that do not cause damage to unleash about 50-60 different combos. :D

Yes I'm a TFU geek:D:lsduel:

color crystals don't change stats, customization crystals do (i.e. rubat, sigil, etc.). seems to be pretty much a clone of the original KotOR's lightsaber customization (but with more colors).
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-16-2008, 9:31 AM
If I can pick up a Stormtrooper, zap him with lightning and then send him flying through a brick wall, destroying it in the process, I'll be VERY happy.

Then put a smile on that face, because there's a power that allows you to do just that.
 LordSerion
09-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Nice! How many crystals will be usable?
 Rabish Bini
09-17-2008, 3:08 AM
Then put a smile on that face, because there's a power that allows you to do just that.
Sweet. I can't wait 'til tomorrow now :)
 Aku
09-17-2008, 3:15 AM

I personally prefer the power that lets you lift up a guy and make other objects fly at him.
You lift a stormtrooper up, zap him with lightning and then a brick wall flies at him and they both "break" in the process :D
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-17-2008, 8:43 AM
I personally prefer the power that lets you lift up a guy and make other objects fly at him.
You lift a stormtrooper up, zap him with lightning and then a brick wall flies at him and they both "break" in the process :D

Definetly. Although I'm quite found of that Force lightning ball you use right after pushing your enemies. :D
Page: 1 of 1