Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just wondering

Page: 1 of 1
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-08-2007, 3:51 PM
Why are there viruses? Why are there people out there who make things that wanna ruin our computer? It's lame that people sit down all day making programs that destroy your computer, and you have to buy 50$ programs that are mostly fake just so you can live with out these programs. You can even go to Filefront and find a lot of bad viruses.

Whats your views on viruses?
 urluckyday
06-08-2007, 7:16 PM
Money and personal enjoyment. A lot of viruses can be used to exploit computers for ads, data theft and even identity theft...money plays a big role. Another thing is that some people just like annoying others...oh well...just find the right security for you and pwn their A**...or just learn how to hack and hit them back...either way...virus creators suck, and everyone knows it...
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-08-2007, 7:31 PM
Ahh,I just remembered that viruses can be used to find out Personal info.

I think there are companies out there that are actually making viruses of there own, so sad.
 Astrotoy7
06-08-2007, 10:43 PM
However, to deny that hacking(specifically copyright hacking) isnt welcomed by millions in the gaming and P2P community would be sheer ignorance.

You cant have one with out t'other. Whether its to gather email addresses/credit card details or extract/bypass copyright data - its malicious code, plain n simple - and all illegal.

:violin:

mtfbwya
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 7:40 PM
Mcafee is testing sites for bad downloads/spam e-mails, but it doesn't look like they are doing much about the bad sites. I just wish all the companies would band together and go on a major crusade and kill all viruses off the web. That would be fun :D
 urluckyday
06-09-2007, 8:01 PM
I wish that there was world peace, everyone could read, all diseases would be wiped off the planet and that everyone could be as cool as me...but like most things...it's not gonna happen...and the end of viruses and malicious programmers isn't either...
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-09-2007, 8:16 PM
Unless I can help it!!!

[Pants fall while in heroic pose]
 RoxStar
06-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Most computer hacking / virus baking comes from organized crime outside of the United States.

Just crooks :/
 Ray Jones
06-10-2007, 5:24 AM
And you can back up that claim?
 Astrotoy7
06-10-2007, 3:26 PM
... outside of the United States.....

no, the US justs leads the world in murder and violent killings, thats all .. :sithk:

given a pc virus, having my country invaded or being shot - I'd take the pc virus !! any day :D

with reference to copyright protection in particular, piracy is just so rampant....its really mainstream and commonplace now. The major co's really need to think their security models in a big way, methinks :D

mtfbwya
 tk102
06-10-2007, 3:31 PM
no, the US justs leads the world in murder and violent killings, thats all ..

Source please?

Mine says Columbia (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita)
 Johnpp
06-14-2007, 7:24 AM
I heard Linux users often create virus's for Windows, but I am not sure.

If you get the right firewall/anti-virus, I'm pretty sure that you will not get many, if any at all.
Of course, that depends on the site's you visit. :D

Most computer hacking / virus baking comes from organized crime outside of the United States.

*Cough* Hem hems? *Cough*. America probably leads the virus organization/thing. :Pir1:

You can even go to Filefront and find a lot of bad viruses.
You better have a good reason for saying this! I think FileFront keeps it self pretty clean.

FileFront is one of the largest, fastest and cleanest sites for downloading game mods/proggie's/misc/etc.

I hardly think they harvest bad viruses. :)
 Astrotoy7
06-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Source please?

Mine says Columbia (http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita)

lolz....is that something to be proud of. I'd be embarrased to even link to that.
Look at those nations listed above the US...take out 3rd world nations, those in major political/social upheaval/civil war ??

anyway, this has naught to do with tech...so I suggest we move on :)
~Agreed~
mtfbwya
 RoxStar
06-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I heard Linux users often create virus's for Windows, but I am not sure.

That would be mean and spiteful, something I'd expect from a Windows community.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
 Jan Gaarni
06-15-2007, 2:21 AM
3. Has your child asked for new hardware?

Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.
Excuse me?!? :confused:

This artical better not be serious, or I pitty his children. :D
 Ray Jones
06-15-2007, 3:21 AM
It can't be serious. I mean "BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War." XD
 RoxStar
06-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Computer hackers are often limited by conventional computer hardware. They may request "faster" video cards, and larger hard drives, or even more memory. If your son starts requesting these devices, it is possible that he has a legitimate need. You can best ensure that you are buying legal, trustworthy hardware by only buying replacement parts from your computer's manufacturer.

I lol'd
 Astrotoy7
06-15-2007, 5:10 PM
f your son starts requesting these devices...

aww...can't girls be h4XX too ???

mtfbwya
 Johnpp
06-15-2007, 11:34 PM
I pity him. Honestly, if you cannot tell if your kid is a hacker, and he will not admit it, you have not REALLY been a good parent, teaching them well enough.

I laughed so much after reading that my brother asked what was so funny. I told him to just stick with playing Tremulous, as he always does. :P

And who said hacking is only for boys...? :)
Page: 1 of 1