Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Happy 30th Anniversary, Star Wars!

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
05-25-2007, 7:34 AM
That's right, today, May 25th is the 30 year anniversary of the premiere of the first, the original "Star Wars"...

Not "Episode IV: A New Hope" (April 10, 1981)...

Not "The Special Edition" (January 31, 1997)...

But, "Star Wars"! Has it really been that long? I wouldn't even be born for another year and a half from that day, but still!

I plan to watch my DVD (2006) of the theatrical edition tonight... anybody else?

Have fun. I'd post the news but the news poster is broken. :(

(as if people don't already know, I'm surprised nothing major is being posted on the various Star Wars sites, although I guess they figure everyone is going to just live it up at Celebration 4, though I imagine none of these places will be showing anything but the 2004 special edition).
 txa1265
05-25-2007, 8:45 AM
I saw 'Star Wars' about a dozen times in the first year ... it is amazing that back then:
- You didn't have to rush out to see things because stuff stayed in theaters more than 4 weeks.
- If you *didn't* see it in theaters it would be *forever* before you could see it (no home video yet)

It is difficult to overstate the raw feeling of the opening crawl and the *feel* of the Star Destroyer ...
 Pho3nix
05-25-2007, 9:45 AM
Indeed. Congrats ! :)

I'll be celebrating this today.
 Samurai DD
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM
This is a religious holiday for me. Star Wars is forever!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Page: 1 of 1