Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: The Great Droid War

Page: 1 of 1
 Alkonium
05-21-2007, 11:23 PM
A long time ago in
a galaxy far, far away...

A Republic Star Destroyer slowly crept around the gas giant Bespin. The crew was wary, for this was contested space between the Republic and the HK Imperium. Across Velsor's Ring, a Droid Warship waited for the moment to strike. "I don't like this." A Republic officer comment. "The Chief of State ordered us to hold our position until they attack, and I'd like to stay on his good side." The captain replied. "HK-47 probably told the droids the same thing." His first officer commented. "But let's hope they haven't spotted our scouts."

On the other side of the asteroid field, a Republic Scout Ship had just been blown out of the stars by the HK Imperium, and a battle soon ensued.

(Across the Universe by the Beatles plays in the background)
Dantooine Theatre Company
presents
STAR WARS
The Great Droid War
Starring:
Alkonium
ExiledFish
steven
SilentScope001
with
JediMaster12
as
Almalexia

Directed
by
Alkonium

Very Special Thanks
to
George Lucas
 SilentScope001
05-24-2007, 5:22 PM
Meanwhile...

A HK Imperium Warship slowly crept across the gas giant Bepsin. The crew was wary, for this was contested space between the Republic and the HK Imperium. Across Velsor's Ring, a Republic Star Destroyer waited for the moment to strike.

"I don't like this idea." HK-101 commented wirelessly to the general leading the HK Imperium Warship.

"Listen, I know that you want to hold the lines, but the droids are getting restless. HK-47 has already given the orders to attack, are you saying to disobey his orders?"

"I have the fullest respect for HK-47 and I want to stay on his good side, but the Republic is too powerful to be challenged right now..."

"All they have are weapons and Jedi, but we have better weapons, and we can destroy Jedi. Besides, the Chief of State of the Republic is likely to have already given the orders to invade the HK Imperium. Might as well fire the first shot."

The general then picks up something: "There is a Republic Scout ship dead ahead. They already know where they are."

"Blow them up. Do as you wish." HK-101 logs off, displeased at the current state of events. HK-47 has a stranglehold over the HK Imperium, and is going to run it into the ground in order to fufil his muderous rampage...
 JediMaster12
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
The forests of Takashi were dark and foreboding. Some say that it lost its character after Ashira-Li died, others say that they took on the mantle of grief. Either way, it was of no consequence for the lone woman wandering its lonely paths.

Almalexia, a daughter of Aztlan and Princess of the Tribes, knew that she had to keep up the search until she found what she was looking for. The Republic was in trouble for the Droid Imperium was beginning on a rampage of the Outer Rim worlds. As of the last reports, one ship was spotted near Bespin, the gas mining colony. At her own insistence, she volunteered to find the one warrior who could lead them and uphold the honor bound oath of Avalon. As she traveled the forest, her grey-blue eyes missed nothing as she scanned for any signs of life. She felt that she was getting close.

The day began normal enough as Jun-la and Tulre went about their morning chores. After their mother had died, they and their young sister Andromeda took it upon themselves to watch over their father. For the past two years, they had been doing that until Andromeda was requested to head to the Lord Governor's palace to serve as advisor but she still came back often to check upon the old Jedi. It was unspoken but they knew that their father had been devoted to their mother and it crippled him when she died. Still, he lived and helped when he could but spent most of his days wandering the forest or in a deep meditation.
Andros Starlighter, the son of Ashira-Li Starlighter, was the epitome of the Jedi and his people. At the classic height of six feet with lively green eyes, he still looked as he did in his youth. The only difference was that his brown locks were streaked with grey giving him a distinguished appearance. He had come to the Takashi to be alone with his thoughts but his children followed and cared for him and he was grateful. FOr the past two years they had been doing so until today.
When he woke up, he knew that something was different. He sat before the fire in the hut to meditate upon it but the answer hit him like when he realized who his father was. Silently he got up and walked to a chest. From it he pulled a dust covered cloth and carried it back to his sitting place. The bundle in his lap, he carefully unwrapped it to reveal a beautiful katana blade and a long dull grey cylinder object. He gazed at it for some time before whispering softly to himself, "We are called again."
 Alkonium
05-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Alkonium rushedi in his Jedi Starfighter to Bespin, where a battle had begun between the Republic and the Droids. I swear, if I wasn't engaged to the Chief of State's daughter, I wouldn't be out here. He thought to himself. He then arrived in the system and saw how much the conflict had escalated. Well, this is going to be easy. He thought sarcastically to himself.
 JediMaster12
05-29-2007, 9:56 PM
Almalexia continued through until she chanced upon one of the legendary wolves of Avalon. It was a pure white creature with gentle yellow eyes and it gazed at her with a curious expression. It showed no fear but it was wary of the vistor and sniffed as if to sense out her intentions. Almalexia did nothing except to extend her hand in friendship. The gesture was returned when the wolf grasped her hand gently in its mouth and gave a slight tug. It released her hand and led her deeper into the forest.
 Alkonium
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Hethra searched through the forests of Takashi for Andros Starlighter. I hope Skywalker's right about this guy, because I do not want to come here again. He thought to himself. I sense someone else's prescence here, but whose? He asked himself. He then activated his lightsaber, holding to the neck of the other person, unaware that it was Almalexia. "Who are you and why are you here?" He asked.
 JediMaster12
05-31-2007, 3:16 PM
((Nice intro Alkonium :D ))

Almalexia heard the blade near her throat and was tempted to react. Yet something in the voice made her stop. It sounded different from the others she had heard all her life. Remembering that she was a princess of her tribe, she stood regal and tall, her grey-blue eyes staring straight ahead, she voiced proud and strong, "A princess of Aztlan. I have come to seek a warrior who has been lost. This wolf was showing me the way," and she motioned with her hand towards the white wolf who was watching them both.
 Alkonium
05-31-2007, 4:33 PM
"I am a Jedi Knight, also seeking a lost warrior. Perhaps we have the same goal. And since you hail from the Avalon system and you're obviously not a droid, I consider you an ally." Hethra replied, deactivating his lightsaber. "My name is Hethra Iazoki, perhaps you shall tell me yours?"
 JediMaster12
05-31-2007, 9:00 PM
"If I do then you will be at an advantage whereas I hold an advantage by knowing your name," Almalexia replied using the strange logic of the water folk. While she sensed he meant no harm, she had yet to see it since the blade was still ignited.
 Alkonium
05-31-2007, 9:05 PM
(@JM12: Hethra already deactivated his lightsaber)
"You are right in saying that your knowledge of my name puts you at an advantage, but you are wrong in saying that my knowledge of your name would put me at an advantage. Because you already hold knowledge of my name, my gaining knowledge of your name would put us on an even footing." Hethra replied. "I hail from Tython, the ancient Jedi homeworld. Don't try to use logic against me. I also know that Avalonians hold honour in high regard, and it is dishonourable to face a weaker opponent."
 SilentScope001
05-31-2007, 9:22 PM
HK-101: This is HK-101 here. How is the battle coming?

Commander: Right now Republic and Droid Imperium ships are battling over Bepsin. The situation has escalated...

HK-101: You...have to be kidding. I thought you say you have enough troops to take over Bepsin.

Commander: I must have miscauclated.

HK-101: Hm?

Commander: I mean, it must have been sabatoge by the Republic. Some spy must have placed in some wrong, wrong code so that I made a mistake. Surely, if I had correct programming, everything would be fine. But since I didn't, I made the mistake. Don't blame me, blame the Republic.

HK-101: Why did you let yourself get close to a Republic slicer...if that's even true?

Commander: Er...um...

HK-101: Never mind that. I suppose you want reinforcements, right, to help save you from the stupid trap you just landed the Imperium into?

Commander: Yes sir!

HK-101: If Bepsin falls, then the Republic got a rallying point. I cannot let that happen. Alright, send word that I am coming in personally along with some droid reinforcements to oversee the battle. Manitan your positions until then.

Commander: Alright.
 JediMaster12
05-31-2007, 9:38 PM
((My bad))

"So you know a bit of our ways," Almalexia replied and turned to face Hethra. She had been schooled well not to show her feelings for she was struck then by the handsome person. She scrutinized him for a moment seeking something and then replied, "But you don't understand them. If you had, then you would have realized that the pain of death of one close to the heart is like an open wound that festers. You seek the same warrior as I do but know this: he knows that it is time to come but he will not. There is one thing that must be done to convince him to summon the armies of Avalon as did his mother."
 Alkonium
05-31-2007, 10:15 PM
(If you read the original Fics, you would know this already, but you probably haven't so I'll tell you now that during this time, the Republic and the Yuuzhan Vong are allies)
"I come here on behalf of Ben Skywalker, Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Master Skywalker would have come himself, but he was already occupied with holding back the Droids in the Outer Rim." Hethra told her. "If that's not enough, the Droids are already preparing for an offensive against Avalon."
"Captain, Yuuzhan Vong reenforcement have arrived." The first officer told the Captain of the Bulwark.
"Good, the tide has finally turned in our favour." The Captain replied.
Alkonium shot down another Vulture Droid as he maneuvred his was to the Droid Hangar. "Almost there." He said to himself. He then shot out the shield generator protecting the hangar from the vacuum of space, and flew in as well as he could given the circumstances.
 JediMaster12
06-01-2007, 12:26 PM
"And you want to warn the only person who can raise the call to arms with the loyalty that had only been seen decades before," Almalexia finished with a slight hint of sarcasm. She gave a smile that was of mischief and continued, "In that case, our goals are compatible." She held out her arm with the intent of grasping his in the warrior handshake and said, "I am Almalexia, Princess of Aztlan."
 Alkonium
06-03-2007, 9:04 AM
"One thing I'm wondering is, why would royalty be out here alone? I don't assume to understand your people, but royalty is very important in other cultures with it, and I'm assuming it is in Aztlan as well." Hethra commented, shaking Almalexia's hand. "Do you know where Starlighter is? Because I certainly don't."
 JediMaster12
06-04-2007, 1:15 PM
"Royalty is not something meant to be hidden away. All are taught the ways of Bushida," Almalexia answered the question. "Besides, I volunteered." Her grin was full of mischief as she noticed the shadows within the trees. She didn't let on except to say, "As to the second part of your query, I believe that they know where he is," and pointed. Her tapered finger pointed at two young warriors, a boy and a girl who were staring at them with a curious expression.
 Alkonium
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Hethra had not met these twins before, but he knew who they were. "My name is Hethra Iazoki. I am a Jedi Knight seeking an audience with your father. Where can I find him?" He asked them.
Alkonium's fighter slid across the hangar floor of the Droid Warship, until he found a suitable spot to jump out. He then activated both blades of his lightsaber while in the air, and took out a group of Battle Droids as he landed.
 JediMaster12
06-05-2007, 2:21 PM
The twins regarded Hethra for a moment. They knew he meant no harm but they must show respect to the princess. It was Jun-la who stepped forward and gave a bow before Almalexia. She then stood and addressed her, "Our father is here in the forest. Nekang, the white wolf, informed us that two people were coming our way. We can show you to him but you must declare your intentions, my lady."

Almalexia was aware that the twins were brought up in the formal manner of their people, treating the heir apparents with a modicum of respect based upon their deeds and mannerisms. She knew that the twins would address her and not the Jedi all out of respect. She replied mainly to Hethra, "The formal greeting established 4000 before the Republic fell. I have not seen that in years."

"Our father, though born on a colony was Avalonian heart and soul and taught us well."

Almalexia smiled at the twins. The girl was well spoken though the boy had yet to say something. She replied, "Then surely he knows that we would like to have tea in his house?" She shot a look at Hethra, intending to tell him to be patient. Protocol must be observed even in a crisis. It paved the way for cooler heads.

Tulre spoke up, "Yes of course. Follow us and stick to the paths." He turned and led the way, followed by his sister.
 Alkonium
06-06-2007, 5:43 PM
As patient as he was, dealing with Avalonians really pushed Hethra's limits. The sooner we get where we're going the better He thought to himself, trying to make sure noone heard him.
 JediMaster12
06-06-2007, 8:05 PM
Our apologies Master Jedi. We must respect that which you call royalty and Lady Almalexia is representing you both, Jun-la sent through the force. She had sensed the annoyance and it was like a thick cloud around him.
Tulre, aware of what was going on said aloud, "Not much futher. The sanctuary is near the river. It is the orenda, the life force."
 Alkonium
06-09-2007, 4:11 PM
"Very well. How close are we?" Hethra asked, not expecting an answer.
 SilentScope001
06-10-2007, 1:01 PM
(OOC: Sorry for the inactivity)

HK-101 arrives at the carange of the battlefield of Bepsin, along with a battlion of droid battleships.

HK-101: "The reinforcements are in, can you read me commander?"

Commander: "The situation is not good. While we still have the advanatge, the Republic has also gianed reinforcements. Our ship has suffered heavy damage..."

HK-101: "I knew this was a bad idea...All droids in the area, you are under my juradisction. Concerate all firepower on the enemy warships in the area...Commander, as punishment for overstepping your duties and plain incompentence, you will be used as bait for the Republic's counterattack."

Commander: "But..."

HK-101: "If you surivie, then you will get yourself a pardon. Now, stay put."

HK-101 detects something on the radar. "Division A/T5, do a quick check on that Jedi starship in the area. If that Jedi Starship contains a Jedi, then there is a possiblity that Jedi will be reinforcing the Republic's position. We do not want that to happen at all."
 Alkonium
06-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Alkonium jumped into a maintenance hatch and began making his way to the bridge. He then noticed the various maintenance droids within the tubes. No point in attacking them yet. He thought. They won't attack me.
 JediMaster12
06-11-2007, 1:42 PM
"Right there," Tulre pointed at a small hut sitting near the riverbank. The smoke from the fire rose gently and lazily from within the hut and all looked inviting. The white wolf was there watching them. Tulre continued, "Cousin Ben knew that we would be here with Father. I suppose he told you we would be here Master Jedi?"

Almalexia was amused at the response the twins gave. The stories were true that they were the most unusual set of twins ever. In a sense they rivaled that of the Solo twins but they were like any other persons. She could also see that they were devoted to their father and looked after him like a mother would would. It brought her almost to a stop at the thought as she remembered the stories of his mother, how she saved Belos from starvation and destruction, how she saved Aztlan from usurpation of the governorship but never what a loving mother she was to her children. All four of them. She kept her thoughts to herself until Tulre spoke about Ben Skywalker. She voice gently to Hethra, "It appears they are still on top of everything in spite of their time here."
 Alkonium
06-17-2007, 7:29 PM
"Yes, he did. That's how I knew who you were." Hethra told them. "I do not know, however, what previous contact Skywalker has had with you or your father."
Alkonium made it to what he thought would be a good spot to leave the ventilation shafts, so he activated one blade of his lightsaber, and cut a hole in the ceiling and climbed out. He soon realised how wrong he was, as he found himself at the bridge of the Droid Warship, with the Droid Commander looking right at him. "Hello there." He said.
 JediMaster12
06-18-2007, 1:24 PM
"The last I saw young Ben was before we left for here," Andros spoke, emergiing from the hut. He had piercing green eyes with flecks of gold dancing in them and his brown hair was streaked with silver at the temples. He did not look a day over forty but such was the nature of his people. He eyed his visitors with a scrutinizing eye before making a clicking sound to the wolf who disappeared into the brush. He then approached bith Hethra and Almalexia. Giving a slight respectful nod to Almalexia, he addressed Hethra, "After my wife set sail on the ship to the Undying Lands, I decided to return home. Little Ben persisted in that I tell him where I was heading. I see he had is reasons."
 Alkonium
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
"He's not so little anymore, but then again, I didn't know him when he was. I suppose you already know why we're here, then? It was not easy for Master Skywalker to discover your location, and he sends his apologies for not coming in person." Hethra replied.
 JediMaster12
06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
"Yes. A droid army has awakened and there are too few Jedi to stand up against them," Andros replied. He then turned and motioned for Almalexia and Hethra to follow.

"Father knows that there is no one else who can summon and command the largest army ever know in the history of the Republic," Almalexia confirmed, "I volunteered to come and find you. I see that Master Jedi has the same idea."

"Young Skywalker chose well when he selected you Master Hethra," Andros replied acknowledging Almalexia's statement, "as well as your Father my Lady. I don't know if I can go to war again. The last one cost dearly and it seems that the old alliances have been broken."
 Alkonium
06-20-2007, 3:02 PM
"Then forge a new alliance. And if you still will not raise the alarm for the Republic, raise it for Avalon, the Droids are massing to attack there as well." Hethra told. "They only see the different between Droid and Organic, and think nothing of political alliances."
 JediMaster12
06-20-2007, 4:31 PM
"I am well aware that the droids will be after Avalon and her sister planets," Andros replied a bit sharp and turned towards Hethra. The movement was rather sudden and it would have sent a padawan shaking in his boots. Andros continued, "As for forging a new alliance, both sides would have to be willing. When the Republic became the Empire, Avalon withdrew from the Senate since we swore to defend the Republic, not the Empire."

"The Republic lives again," Almalexia replied.

"Albiet with much suffering, yes I know." Andros' gaze softened, "I fought at a terrible price and Avalon responded as she always will. To go to war again, I don't know."
 Alkonium
06-21-2007, 12:38 AM
"If you were to ally Avalon with the Republic, it would greatly strengthen your defenses for when the Droids do attack." Hethra stated. "Sometimes, we have no choice. The war has already begun."
 JediMaster12
06-23-2007, 2:22 PM
"It is not a matter of trust but the willingness of people to fight," Andros explained, "We the People of Avalon are warriors. We were born warriors and we will die as warriors. We live in harmony with our surroundings maintaining a delicate balance within ourselves."

"We fight when we must and when we swear an oath, we uphold it. The greatest of oaths are blood and honor bound," Almalexia added. She watched as Andros cast an appreciative glance at her. She looked at Hethra, aware that she wanted him to understand but the reason she was unwilling to admit to herself.

Andros was aware of the sudden change in Almalexia. His supersensitive hearing to the Force picked up on the tiniest vibrations within the Force and amplified it. Before Petronius died, he admitted that it was a gift from his ancestor, the greatest of all warriors. Andros brushed the feeling aside aware that it would grow later and addressed Hethra, "Avalon swore an honor bound oath and it will not be denied. She will aid the Republic. As to the forces of Avalon, they do not merely include that which live in the Avalonian system."

Jun-la then spoke, "It includes those within the Republic."
"Thousands of years of immigrants," Tulre added.
"The born Outcasts that survived on the Rim, the core and Midrim," Jun-la said.
"All Avalonian."
"All will answer the call."

"And the Jedi make up more than half,"Andros ended. Thinking briefly about it, he was aware that it sounded rather creepy to have his family finish thoughts before they were uttered and on cue. It sounded like they were Joiners but they weren't for at any time they could dissolve the connection. It was actually a means of protecting each other from enemy Force users who tried to sway them. The favorite was playing dejarik.
 Alkonium
06-24-2007, 12:52 PM
(Ok, steven is taking the part of HK-101, but I'll take the Droid Commander for now.
@JM12: Are Avalonians like the Elves of Lord of the Rings lifespanwise?)
"Thank you Master Starlighter." Hethra replied. "I will contact Master Skywalker immediately and inform him of my success."
"Foolish young meatbag. Do you really believe you could singlehandedly take down an entire Droid Warship?" The Droid Commander turned around to address Alkonium.
"No, but I could probably clear out the bridge." Alkonium replied, activating both blades of his lightsaber.
 JediMaster12
07-09-2007, 3:46 PM
((Very much. They can live long lives. Some say that it is because of the Force. They can be killed by the blade or by extreme sadness, they lose the will to live. Unfortunately in Andros' case, his will is like his mother's too stubborn or rather too tough to die))

"First we must head to the Governor's Palace in Tyan-yu. If anything, the call must be sounded first," Andros replied wearily. He was reluctant to raise his sword again but he was part of that oath until the day he decided to let go and sail to the Undying Lands. "You can contact Little Ben there."

Jun-la and Tulre took it as a cue to offer food and drink. Just because they were going to war didn't mean that they couldn't have good manners. They offerd a cup of tea to both Hethra and Almalexia. Almalexia took her cup and sat next to Andros on the mat inside the hut. She beckoned for Hethra to follow as Andros said, "Plenty of time. The twins have to fetch our ride."

Jun-la and Tulre went into the forest to fetch the draigons that inhabited the forest. They were easier to ride than the Ronin stallions for they were much gentler to the green rider and they suspected that Master Hethra had never ridden one before. They returned with what looked like a small herd of draigons but in truth there was one for each. Their father greeted them by saying, "Ah I see you have found them. Let us be on our way."
 Alkonium
07-21-2007, 12:33 PM
"Very well. I look forward to working with you in the future." Hethra replied, stepping on to one of the steeds.
As each battle droid fired continuously at Alkonium, he attempted to deflect each shot, but soon decided to use the force to disarm them, then pull them into his blades, thus leaving the bridge virtually unmanned. "Still think you Droids can win this battle?" He asked the Droid Commander.
 JediMaster12
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Andros waited until everyone was on a draigon before leading the party forward. He could easily call forth the armies from anywhere but his main reason for getting to Tyan-yu was to see his youngest daughter again. He knew she would never be content hiding in the forest. She loved to ferret out injustice and doing things for people. For the last few yeasr she had been in the capital doing what she loved and serving as advisor to the Lady Governor. The other reason was that he needed the contact with all of the system. Amshrey he knew would give it no matter what. Mandalorian blood as the joke went but he needed cooperation and coordination.
When they had been on road for a while he asked Hethra, "Why have the droids decided to attack now? Has there been major developments within the Republic?"
Page: 1 of 1