Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWGEmu...

Page: 1 of 3
 lsniper
08-06-2006, 1:59 PM
I dunno if this is allowed on these forums (if it is not allowed then please edit it). I did not read in the rules about not posting private server stuff, so...

swgemu.com is making an emu for SWG (private servers). We are still in Pre-alpha and need every programer's help finishing. It is open source so you can help the project get done faster. We have about 50 programers working on it and about 10 of them actually doing a lot of work.

My Server's Site: (this was made by Chilastra's Exiles)
http://www.spraticnet.com/)

I have been playing SWG since beta and I am very upset with what they have done to the game, so I am here to support swgemu.com and everything they do. If you feel the same way I do, please join us!

You can find out more information about SWGEmu @ www.truegalaxies.com)
(DMUK)
 HUGOMAND
08-07-2006, 4:50 AM
Im definately gonna join you guys, but now that you're here can you please answer me this:

Is it legal? I mean, can you do it without getting sued by SOE?
 DarthMaulUK
08-07-2006, 6:10 AM
We (as in the LFN Network) will be posting a statement about SWGEmu shortly. Lucasarts have brought it to our attention.

The whole idea is VERY exciting and expect full updates from us shortly. Naturally, if any of you out there are coders - PLEASE lend your support.

I've made some changes to some earlier posts and apologise for any confusion caused.

DMUK
 Rogue15
08-07-2006, 7:56 AM
hahahha sweeet so NO MORE JEDI???? :D
 Jo
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
no, jedi will be back. what the EMU will do is it will utilize all of the patch.tre files that are up till patch 13. after this everything started going down hill. As of now the jedi path will once again be hologrinding. But if LucasArts is in fact backing up the EMU team like DMUK said, we can likely hope for a game we can all like. The EMU team is always listening to ideas on their forums. I haven't seen an organized Starsider server yet, but it would be nice. Otherwise im willing to gropu with any friends from Starsider and head to a new server :D. I'm so psyched about it.
 marvidchano
08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
they r making a whole new way of makin jedi i have read
 Rogue15
08-08-2006, 11:18 AM
cool so the profession trees will be back? :) including creature handler? and will the player bases be back?
 Nedak
08-08-2006, 1:00 PM
Wait.. So this will all be on a seperate website?
 Rogue15
08-08-2006, 1:25 PM
yeah will it also be the same $15 a month i'm already paying?
 HUGOMAND
08-08-2006, 1:28 PM
We (as in the LFN Network) will be posting a statement about SWGEmu shortly. Lucasarts have brought it to our attention.

The whole idea is VERY exciting and expect full updates from us shortly. Naturally, if any of you out there are coders - PLEASE lend your support.

DMUK

... WHAT? LUCASARTS ACCEPTS IT?? O_O but they made NGE, what... im confused. Are you doing a late aprils fool?
 Jo
08-08-2006, 8:25 PM
To answer rogue, i would say if Lucasarts is going to back it sure. If not and it continues the way it does, most servers will be free, of course donations always help for their maintenance. To answer Hugo. I'm sure at the end of the day they have seen the hype generated by the whole idea of pre-CU servers and have seen where they messed up.
 Trahern Valley
08-08-2006, 9:08 PM
I have the technical expertise of a 21st-century ape - I can do a little html, mostly by accident - so I can't be much actual help. But I will definitely keep an eye on how this goes. I'm pretty damn surprised that LA and SOE aren't getting in a huff about it... in fact, I'm inclined to disbelieve it entirely. They have only themselves to blame.
 HUGOMAND
08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the answer Joe, I'm really looking forward to get some official answers on this when DMUK publishes that information :)
 marvidchano
08-10-2006, 4:16 AM
i have bought an official swg emu disk and im really havin problems with it... is anyone playin EMU atm? if so could u plz help me by sendin me a pm?
 japan
08-10-2006, 10:13 AM
hi

Thank you for your your hard work to bring "pre-cu swg" alive SWGEMU team.
 Audune
08-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Hi, I'm Audune Ado'lynn at the SWGEmu forums.

Any and all talks we had with LA or SOE were deemed PRIVATE and that has not changed from what I've heard.

I have PM'ed the Forum Admin who has replyed on this topic asking that any information that LA be held until we (at SWGEmu.com) be notifyed of it first.

We have not heard of any "agreement" nor have we given one as of yet, if any.
 Audune
08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
i have bought an official swg emu disk and im really havin problems with it... is anyone playin EMU atm? if so could u plz help me by sendin me a pm?

There is no "Official" Emu disk out, and if you spent money on it, you were SCAMMED.

There is no IFs/Ands/Buts about it.

Dispute it to EBAY immediatly and get your money back. If you want a free copy, with free servers, free everything, go to www.swgemu.com) and read the FAQ and read about setting up your client to connect to an Emulated server. There are many many posts on the boards that deal with this.

The ONLY official place you can get the SWGEmu from is www.swgemu.com)

Period.
 Markuss
08-10-2006, 3:20 PM
that is some good news.

keep the good work going :)
 Iarian
08-10-2006, 4:39 PM
Hi, I'm Audune Ado'lynn at the SWGEmu forums.

Any and all talks we had with LA or SOE were deemed PRIVATE and that has not changed from what I've heard.

I have PM'ed the Forum Admin who has replyed on this topic asking that any information that LA be held until we (at SWGEmu.com) be notifyed of it first.

We have not heard of any "agreement" nor have we given one as of yet, if any.

So if it's true then how come the people from SWGEMU (points above) deny it. Also they never posted anything on their forums.. Wouldn't you think they would?
 Windwalker
08-10-2006, 4:42 PM
no, jedi will be back. what the EMU will do is it will utilize all of the patch.tre files that are up till patch 13. after this everything started going down hill. As of now the jedi path will once again be hologrinding. But if LucasArts is in fact backing up the EMU team like DMUK said, we can likely hope for a game we can all like. The EMU team is always listening to ideas on their forums. I haven't seen an organized Starsider server yet, but it would be nice. Otherwise im willing to gropu with any friends from Starsider and head to a new server :D. I'm so psyched about it.

And and your Starsider friends can join us. We have a nice amoutn of starsiderians (sp?) here at eXile as well as the home for sunrunner and Chilastra.

And we have a nice ampount of players form other servers as well.
they r making a whole new way of makin jedi i have read

Certain servers are doign different things

here at eXile the polls indicate the community wishes for pre-9 and hologrind.
yeah will it also be the same $15 a month i'm already paying?

No it is free

Donatiosn are appreciated but it is free.
cool so the profession trees will be back? :) including creature handler? and will the player bases be back?

Everything will be back and the same up to publish 13.. certain servers will make slight adjustments. Such as having a pre-9 system instead.

EDIT: Please keep it to 1 post - Jan!
 Audune
08-10-2006, 5:10 PM
The cool thing about it, is that people will be able to choose alot of the rulesets.

Be it everyone can start as Jedi, or the Hologrind, Village...or even a compleatly custom setup.

Real experimenting will come some time down the road about what we can unleash from the beast that is SWG.
 Aristotle
08-10-2006, 6:52 PM
Exciting times indeed for lovers of the classic original Star Wars Galaxies before planet nerf/jedi struck like an asteroid. :)
 Jo
08-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Sweetness is on the way is all i can say. Damn i can rhyme :P
 Rogue15
08-10-2006, 11:51 PM
wow....i can't wait. until then, i'll try not to pay too much attention! otherwise i'll get depressed for a whoooooooooole year or so. :(

but keep up the good work, you guys rock!

also a few more questions:

will the expansion packs be available? and will the 'new character enhancements' be included as well? or will it simply be, anything before pub13? either way.....can't wait!
 Jo
08-11-2006, 2:24 PM
right now far as i can tell its anything before pub 13. getting the JTL part to work will be even more time. what the emu team is doing is practically rebuilding, the only difference is they got a foundation to work off of. I'm sure they will work on the expansions being added at a later time. Personally i can live without an expansion if we just got the original back heh.
 Jan Gaarni
08-14-2006, 3:56 AM
I hope they switch JTL from Wing Commander style to Star Wars style like it aught to be.

No skidding in space, no Wing Commander HUD. Get the classic Star Wars look back into the game so we can feel that we are in the Star Wars Universe. :thumbsup:
 Jo
08-14-2006, 10:06 AM
with that kind of talk, it sounds like you would come back Jan. :D
 marvidchano
08-14-2006, 1:18 PM
There is no "Official" Emu disk out, and if you spent money on it, you were SCAMMED.

There is no IFs/Ands/Buts about it.

Dispute it to EBAY immediatly and get your money back. If you want a free copy, with free servers, free everything, go to www.swgemu.com) and read the FAQ and read about setting up your client to connect to an Emulated server. There are many many posts on the boards that deal with this.

The ONLY official place you can get the SWGEmu from is www.swgemu.com)

Period.
nope... got it from one of the moderators on swgemu.com
 Dark Sad Shadow
08-16-2006, 6:03 PM
if you can make it work FINE without any bugs, (directx etc etc) please count me in!!! i wanna play galaxies but the trial SUX!!!! i installed direct x 9c and didnt worked
 Doc Valentine
08-18-2006, 4:12 AM
Will the developers include some of the fixes that were made after pub 13? There were still problems with the game back then. One thing I do like about the NGE is the looting system, looting used to be so tedious.

However this all sounds amazing and I am extremely excited to hear this is going down. Keep up the good work! :)

-Gsccc
 JagerPanzer
08-19-2006, 4:06 PM
nope... got it from one of the moderators on swgemu.com

Lies. None of the devs or mods are distributing the cient, particularly not in disk form, and definetly not for a fee.

If you "bought" a disk purporting to contain the emu client, you were scammed and are an idiot.

You can download the client (and even the server binaries) at http://swgemumods.com). However, keep in mind that you actually have to have the IP for the server you would like to join before being able to login. It's not as simple as just downloading the files and clicking play.
 marvidchano
08-20-2006, 7:46 AM
If you "bought" a disk purporting to contain the emu client, you were scammed and are an idiot.

all i can say is S...T....F.....U N00B

I rest my case
 Jo
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Easy guys, lets not turn this into a flame war. Thats not what this thread is about.
 HUGOMAND
08-20-2006, 10:37 AM
So you did buy it?
 marvidchano
08-21-2006, 4:19 AM
Easy guys, lets not turn this into a flame war. Thats not what this thread is about.
amen to that :)
 JagerPanzer
08-24-2006, 2:58 PM
all i can say is S...T....F.....U N00B

I rest my case

Ironic, considering the following:

The emu has never been for sale. The emu is not for sale. The emu will never be for sale. (I'm reiterating this because I don't want to see anyone get ripped off by attempting to buy something that is free.)

Why would you pay for an OPEN SOURCE PROJECT (I'm assuming you were one of the few who got suckered into buying the disks from that cat who made a listing on eBay)? And then call somebody trying to help you out a "noob"?

Thanks for letting me know that these forums are not worth coming back to.
 DarthMaulUK
08-24-2006, 3:20 PM
Lets NOT do this - otherwise, the gag gun will be loaded and used.

DMUK
 HUGOMAND
08-25-2006, 10:59 AM
DMUK, will that statement come anytime soon?
 Trillium
08-25-2006, 5:02 PM
hi everyone. just heard about the EMU (im always the last to hear about anything) and all i can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone that is working on it. i miss my game!
 marvidchano
08-25-2006, 5:07 PM
yes my friend we all miss the game.... but.... im currently playin EQ2... it seems soe have put all their effort into that game... if only they put the same effort into swg again
 TheMichal
08-26-2006, 1:43 PM
NGE is bad update unforutnelty, pre-CU was cool...
 spacegecko
08-30-2006, 12:30 PM
I just registered on these forums a few days ago, and this is the first I've heard of this project - I think it sounds great, even though I didn't start playing SWG until after the NGE. I definitely want to check out SWGemu, because I am getting bored playing SOE's offering! (They should turn it into an offering.....................a burnt offering!! :lightning )

How close is the EMU team to having something that is playable?
 HUGOMAND
08-30-2006, 12:48 PM
They have something that is playable, however you can only walk around and warp around :P no fighting or shooting yet.
 lil_dude
09-01-2006, 8:53 PM
They have something that is playable, however you can only walk around and warp around :P no fighting or shooting yet.

Ya I was playing it a bit today, can really only walk around, no skills work, no nothing, but supposedly they have combat working, it's just hasn't been pushed public yet.

Pre-Cu was good, and CU was good(problems like the economy was trashed, the lvl system didn't work, to many jedi, but it was balanced and it was fun) but SOE has to swing the nerf bat at everything and they ruined both many many times, they were ruining pre-cu even before it was gone, and then they were ruining CU before NGE came out, all they have to countless times is screw something up, then decide "oh well, it's f*cked so lets make a new system".
 darthcarth
09-05-2006, 7:02 PM
Hmm this forum doesnt update fast well any ways a update the swgemu will be going and making a cu emulateor now to satify the community but will cotinue to make the pre cu one. information here http://forums.swgemu.com/viewtopic.php?t=5146)
 lil_dude
09-05-2006, 7:17 PM
Ya I read that yesterday, I guess I should have posted it here. They said they have tonnes of CU files sitting around and could easily set up a CU emulator in under a week(depnding on how smooth stuff goes). While they have to remake alot of stuff for pre-cu because it no longer is around in game to be sniffed, but some stuff is which they keep working on.
 darthcarth
09-05-2006, 8:33 PM
Yeah although cu wasnt the best its a ton better then nge i cant wait to start playing again :D.
 Barkerj
09-06-2006, 12:05 AM
If this stuff is true I know at least 100 people that are going to join and play, i am really excided about this, so i hope that its not false.
 HUGOMAND
09-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Ya I read that yesterday, I guess I should have posted it here. They said they have tonnes of CU files sitting around and could easily set up a CU emulator in under a week(depnding on how smooth stuff goes). While they have to remake alot of stuff for pre-cu because it no longer is around in game to be sniffed, but some stuff is which they keep working on.

A WEEK?? O_O can we play CU in a WEEK? O_O
 lil_dude
09-06-2006, 2:29 PM
A WEEK?? O_O can we play CU in a WEEK? O_O

They said hopefully, but they didn't promise anything, shouldn't take to long though.
Page: 1 of 3