Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Advice

Page: 1 of 1
 A-Log
05-12-2007, 5:52 PM
Hey guys, it's A-Log. Since I'm new to Grim Fandango, I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice on fan-art and fan-fiction, since I do those to pass the time? Any advice would be useful.

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto
 VampireNaomi
05-13-2007, 4:06 AM
Well, it all depends on what you're planning to do. For example, in case of fanfiction, do you want to write an AU, a pairing fic, a missing scene or what? Since I have no idea about that, all advice I can give at this point is that you should try to keep the characters in character.
 A-Log
06-25-2007, 7:57 PM
Sorry for not posting in a while, but I'm still wondering how I can draw the chracters of the game? Anybody got any advice?

Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto
 Du Man
07-20-2007, 9:22 AM
Just try it. And if you don't like your work, try it again. Best way to learn stuff is to do it yourself, gets the gears in your brain turning.
 Grifter_Grifts
08-02-2007, 11:44 PM
The only advice for drawing is what my brother used to tell me when I was a kid:

Start simple... Just use circles and squares/rectangles, then add more edges... Then, once it's proportioned properly, fill in the details, and erase the unnecessary parts. Don't push hard on your pencil, and don't try to make perfect lines. Go very lightly, and somewhat fast. Don't think too hard. Each stage will help your transition to the next, and things will fall into place. (It helped for me).

Look online for beginner and intermediate drawing techniques. There are alot of good resources, even video tutorials. Some of them are pretty helpful!

And don't give up... Just practice alot. If you get too frustrated, STOP and come back to it a day later. Don't push yourself, or you may make more mistakes and get twice as frustrated. Remember: Some days you just can't draw at all, while others, you're great. I think that goes for everyone... Just ask the people here. I'm sure they have had those days many times.

Hope that helps a bit. :)
Page: 1 of 1