Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is it possible?

Page: 1 of 1
 SolidSnake160
04-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Is it possible to put the robes from TSL into K1? I'm talking about the more realistic moving robes that kick up when your feet hit it, you know what I mean. Anyways, is it possible to put it into K1... I'm guessing no, because if it was, I'm sure someone would have done it already, if it isn't possible, then why?
 Emperor Devon
04-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Well, technically it is possible, though the modder could get himself and the forums sued in the process. Porting resources from one game to another is illegal.
 tnu
04-22-2007, 12:12 AM
that dosn't make any sense. what's so bad about porting?
 Wacky Jack
04-22-2007, 12:27 AM
K1 is from BioWare and TSL is from Obsidian, so taking something from one game and using it in the other would be infringing on trademarks
 SolidSnake160
04-22-2007, 12:53 AM
Well... that would be if it was released publicly, is anyone willing to do it just for personal private use for me?
 Jae Onasi
04-22-2007, 1:07 AM
Please don't ask members to do something illegal. Thanks.

Edit: From our Forum Rules (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078);)

7. Mods containing assets (models, textures, sounds, etc.) ported from another game are prohibited

It is against Lucasarts policy to port assets from one game to another. Holowan Laboratories does not condone porting of this nature, and moderators will close or delete any thread or posts discussing such mods, even if it is for your own personal use. The exception to this is if the asset in question is present in both KOTOR and TSL. Modders may create from scratch mods that resemble assets from another game.
Sorry. -RH
Page: 1 of 1