Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Visas' missing Lightsaber and Bao-Dur for Dark Siders

Page: 1 of 1
 Vicentegrev
04-19-2007, 6:30 PM
I'm new to these boards so I'll make this post a two-parter

1) My progression was Peragus -> Telos -> Nar Shadaa. As soon as I landed on Nar Shadaa I immedietly reentered the Ebon Hawk and encountered Visas Marr. We fought, I beat her, she joined me, but she did NOT come with a lightsaber saying something about me destroying it. Expected, however, I've played through before where she did come with a lightsaber. This a bug? Now I'm done with Nar Shadaa, heading to Dantooine and she STILL doesn't have her own lightsaber. I've found 2 to equip her with but I can't help but feel I'm short one saber

2) I hate Bao-dur. Despise him. Always been my least favorite. But this go-around I want to make him a jedi. Does anyone have any advice for a level 15 Jedi Consular/level 1 Sith Lord for taking Bao-dur to Jedidom without any serious Dark Side point loss?

oh and some of these because I think they're cool: :vsd: :vsd: :vsd:
 Point Man
04-19-2007, 9:01 PM
I would not be concerned with the missing light saber. I recall always losing it, as well.

If you want to gain enough influence with Bao Dur to convert him to a dark Jedi, just pick the dialogue options that concentrate on his hatred of the Mandalorians.

Here is a handy link Achilles' Influence Walkthrough (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153012)
 Quatra
04-19-2007, 9:03 PM
for your 2nd question : It is possible to make Bao-Dur a jedi when you are a sith. He will be a sith however. The only way to make Bao-Dur is to have him in your party. Talk to him often and he will say something difference and one dialog will give you the opportunity to make him a jedi/sith. You won't loose any points for that.

EDIT : Ah man, i write soo slow :)
 Rockstar
04-19-2007, 9:11 PM
Visas' lightsaber is lost in the dual. You defeat her by brusing her up and destroying her lightsaber. Either you cheated or encountered a bug in the last play through
 jamng
04-19-2007, 10:22 PM
played through before where she did come with a lightsaber. This a bug? Now I'm done with Nar Shadaa, heading to Dantooine and she STILL doesn't have her own lightsaber. I've found 2 to equip her with but I can't help but feel I'm short one saber

If you have the USM mod installed, you need to talk to Visas after completing your lightsaber quest to have her build her own otherwise you have to equip her with sabers that you find as someone else mentioned.
 SilentScope001
04-19-2007, 10:35 PM
1) My progression was Peragus -> Telos -> Nar Shadaa. As soon as I landed on Nar Shadaa I immedietly reentered the Ebon Hawk and encountered Visas Marr. We fought, I beat her, she joined me, but she did NOT come with a lightsaber saying something about me destroying it. Expected, however, I've played through before where she did come with a lightsaber. This a bug? Now I'm done with Nar Shadaa, heading to Dantooine and she STILL doesn't have her own lightsaber. I've found 2 to equip her with but I can't help but feel I'm short one saber

Well, if you defeated her, you should have gotten some sort of lightsaber part, at the least. But since you probraly built a lightsaber, you might have gotten nothing.

Cut content in TSLRP shows Kreia demanding Visas to hand over her lightsaber...meaning there might be something.
 Master Kavar
04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
If you defeat Visas prior to making your first lightsaber, you will only recieve a lightsaber part from defeating her. If you defeated her after creating your lightsaber, you would recieve a random lightsaber. Was this what was happening, or did you have any mods installed?

Getting Bao-Dur his Force training isn't difficult; it just depends on how you want to do it. If you don't care about him becoming a Light Jedi, just bring him around with you as you commit evil acts, and you'll lose influence fast. When he's down to about 10-20 Influence points you should be able to turn him into a Jedi.

If you want him to follow the Dark path alongside you, you'll have no choice but to take a few Light-side hits to gain the fool's trust. The easiest way for me to do this is:

1. Ask him if he's alright after you are re-united in the Telos Jedi base.

2. Have him examine the atmospheric sensors on Dantooine and thank him for it. Then bring them back to the scout who wanted them, tell him you found the sensors inside, then offer to sell them back at the agreed upon price of 3000 credits instead of his offer of 5000.

3. On Nar-Shadaa save the man from the two Exchange thugs by Force-Persuading them to both leap to their death's. This is my favorite method because you'll gain dark side points, and influence with Bao-dur for saving the man.

4. Have Bao-Dur fix the air-car on Nar-Shadaa.
Page: 1 of 1