Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help With Loom Sound

Page: 1 of 1
 Noobshanks
04-11-2007, 9:59 PM
Hey! im new to this whole old school game thing, but i loved loom when i was younger and never finished it so i went and downloaded VDMSound, Scumm and of course loom. im using windows XP.

So heres the problem: Scumm runs it but no sound, i can double click the .exe to run normally, but no sound... running VDMSound (right click, run with VDMsound)
gives me this error message: "No disc or MSCDEX not installed"
i read the help message from VDMSound that said if seeing that error message, i clear a line from a document in the VDMSound directory, iv tried that, in different combinations so its either not working or im not doing it right.
I also downloaded monkey island 2, and running it with VDMSound works fine for me.

Please can anyone help me out? it would be much apperciated, so thanks in advance.
 Negative Sun
04-14-2007, 5:43 PM
Maybe the file you're trying to run is flawed, and if you downloaded it illegally, there's nothing we can do to help you and I would advise you not to talk about it here...
Page: 1 of 1