Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Strange startup error messages

Page: 1 of 1
 Negative Sun
04-08-2007, 6:10 PM
Clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Jimmie/Startupprobs.jpg)

Any ideas?

It started happening after I installed this BricoPack Vista Inspirat theme on my PC, but I like it too much I don't want to get rid of it...
I'm thinking it might be this registry thing, but I'm not good with any of that stuff.
 Gargoyle King
04-08-2007, 7:10 PM
Clicky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Jimmie/Startupprobs.jpg)

Any ideas?

It started happening after I installed this BricoPack Vista Inspirat theme on my PC, but I like it too much I don't want to get rid of it...
I'm thinking it might be this registry thing, but I'm not good with any of that stuff.

This is Vista?! Damn i'll have to upgrade from XP! :D
I think you may be having problems because of the freshness of Vista. XP had a lot of problems, as did it's predecessors so it may be a flaw in the code somewhere - or it could simply be a dodgy theme pack. If it's a registry problem you suspect, you should try Registry Mechanic, it's not free but is one of the best available Registry Cleaners in the market.
 urluckyday
04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Yea...most likely a registry problem (I think)...and it may not've been caused by you...like Gargoyle said, it could just be a Vista problem...a registry cleaning would probably do you good...but I'm not responsible for any damages caused to your machine...
 Jeff
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Thats not Vista, its XP with a vista-like theme.
 Negative Sun
04-09-2007, 3:39 PM
Thats not Vista, its XP with a vista-like theme.
Thanks Moeller, you got any ideas?
 CSI
04-09-2007, 3:47 PM
Do you have AVG Anti-Virus 7.0? If so I think you can re-install it?

1. AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 Control Center. Allows you to manage and control all AVG Anti-Virus components, settings and updates.

2. Avgcc.exe is a part of the Grisoft Internet Security Suite and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer. It Protects against viruses, spywares, worms and trojans. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Hope it helps. Don't worry, it's not a System Progress.
 urluckyday
04-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Wow...I am truly sorry for thinking it was Vista...don't listen to anything that I've said.
 Negative Sun
04-10-2007, 3:18 PM
Do you have AVG Anti-Virus 7.0? If so I think you can re-install it?

1. AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 Control Center. Allows you to manage and control all AVG Anti-Virus components, settings and updates.

2. Avgcc.exe is a part of the Grisoft Internet Security Suite and is essential for the secure and safe operation of your computer. It Protects against viruses, spywares, worms and trojans. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Hope it helps. Don't worry, it's not a System Progress.
Thanks for pointing that out CSI, I just uninstalled AVG cause I've got Avast anyways...The other startup error still shows up though...The wee box thing.
 CSI
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks for pointing that out CSI, I just uninstalled AVG cause I've got Avast anyways...The other startup error still shows up though...The wee box thing.

Well sometimes computer's build-in Install Shield can't fully remove the folders and registries. Try manual delete the folder, and for registry, you can download a complete uninstall tool, I don't know what name they are, but they help.

@legowar: Don't worry about it--people make mistakes.
Page: 1 of 1