Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

stuck in circus, HELP!!

Page: 1 of 1
 izhyboo
04-03-2007, 6:36 PM
I'm playing psychonauts on ps2 and I'm stuck at the meat circus, at the second knife throwing target board thingy. I keep climbing up there, swinging from a knife, jumping, and falling. I CAN NOT make it to the other piece of meat!! I can't even grab the edge, I just fall EVERYTIME!! I've looked at a ton of walkthroughs, and no one else seems to be having this problem. WHAT'S HAPPENING! Is there a way to double jump off the sword knifey thingy that I don't know about or something??? PLEASE HELP ME!

izhyboo
 martmeister
04-03-2007, 7:24 PM
Yes, you're suppose to swing on the sword. I've been through it with no problem and other times couldn't swing worth jack. You may have to just rock back and forth until you are close enough to throw yourself to the other side. Sometimes I'd shoot a psi-blast at the sword-spitter right before jumping onto an already-stuck sword. Little Oly's stupid self dying isn't much help, either.
 Toliver
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
In the Meat Circus, the trick is swing/rotate around while hanging from the knife and let go when you are a lot higher than the next piece of meat that you need to land on. Once you let go, then use your Psi Float to float down onto the meat. Works like a charm. You can do this for both dartboards. Also, at the end of the level, you can Levitate/Bounce and then Psi Float onto the final piece of meat (that is, if you go the main route...there's a side route if you're after all the figments, that involves bouncing on the ropes up to a third rope that's higher up which leads to a trapeze & figment(s). Swing on the trapeze to build up momentum and then use Psi Float to drop down to the final piece of meat).
 urluckyday
04-09-2007, 12:45 AM
I really do hate that circus...
 Digitaldreamer
04-09-2007, 6:39 AM
I really do hate that circus...

Amen. Just...MAN, the hate. It's even better when you realize Little Ollie isn't even the worst part and there's still SO MUCH MORE to do.
 martmeister
04-09-2007, 8:46 AM
Embrace the dark side! Muhahaha <cackle, cackle, lightning zaps> ..Wait, wrong forum...
 urluckyday
04-09-2007, 12:26 PM
lol...nice...
 izhyboo
04-15-2007, 9:57 PM
THX guys, toliver i didn't THINK to psi float!!! That's what got me across.... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Why I didn't think to float, I don't know. Seems so obvious now.
Page: 1 of 1