Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AMD/ATI Brings x360 Tech to Handhelds

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
04-01-2007, 1:47 AM
im back...from my considerable scarceness ! anyway...on with the show

Me being an AMD fanboy aside, it was extremely interesting to read about AMD/ATI 'Alchemy' chip.

The chips specs have been compared to the processing power of the x360...if this is realised - that pretty darn impressive :)

Basically AMD will be providing these chips for the 'next gen' of handles. I havent read anything concrete about whether this chip will be integrated into the likes of the PSP2 or rumoured MS Handheld(affectionately called the X-boy by some)

heres AMDs press release about it (http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_543~19047,00.html)

Moore's Law(the doubling of the number of transistors on integrated circuits every 18 months) continues to kick a$$ once again :p

one can only imagine what CPUs will be doing in 10 years time. Intel and AMD are already working on octo-core chips...I hope gaming devs can keep up !

mtfbwya
 Negative Sun
04-01-2007, 8:47 AM
W00t!
I can't wait for the Fusion to come out, I'm really hoping it will work on AM2 sockets...(Huge AMD/ATI fanboy here too)
If that Alchemy chip can do what it says it can, that's pure pwnage!
 urluckyday
04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
hmm...I don't know if MS will be getting into handhelds...and I don't think I would buy...Nintendo all the way.
Page: 1 of 1