Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

bug/help in MI 1 (please)

Page: 1 of 1
 ashorteternity
03-20-2007, 6:19 PM
Hello,
I've come to your forum because I am having a huge dilemma with Secret of Monkey Island. I am on Part 3. I have given the monkey 5 bananas and it began to follow me. Unfortunately, instead of going to the Monkey Head with it (which, according to hints, is what I should have done, I decided to take it on a boat ride with me.

Now, the monkey is stuck in the water next to the beach at the very south of the island. No matter how many times I take my raft over to it, or enter and leave the beach or jungle, it will NOT follow me. It remains in the water. I have gone into the water to attempt to "retrieve it" many times.

Please help me because I am going crazy. Thanks in advance to anyone who is kind enough to offer a solution :)
 nioe
03-20-2007, 6:32 PM
Being the only other person on here tonight it would appear the only advice I can offer is to go back to the last saved game. Don't know if its an option but I doubt you'd get patches etc for such an old game.
 ashorteternity
03-20-2007, 6:39 PM
If no better options appear to me by tomorrow, then I will have to resort to that, yes. Thanks anyways.
 nioe
03-20-2007, 6:42 PM
Im no expert so I'd definitely wait if I was you. Good luck and enjoy the rest of the game.
 Joshi
03-21-2007, 4:58 AM
Yeah, I've never heard of this problem before, but I guess going back to a previously saved game and doing it again would be the best idea.
 Ray Jones
03-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Wow, after such a long time an undiscovered bug. Cool.
 LargoLaGrande
03-23-2007, 8:01 AM
As far as I can remember the monkey stops following one after a certain time. It'll start following you again, just give him 5 new bananas.
 Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 8:22 AM
And these 5 new bananas you get from where?
 Joshi
03-23-2007, 8:37 AM
Yeah, there's only 5 bananas in the game (hence why you have to steal one or two from the cannibal village). He needs to load up a previously saved game.
 Ray Jones
03-23-2007, 8:48 AM
Indeed, but how is largo supposed to know, since he first showed up in the second game. :rolleyes:
 LargoLaGrande
03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm not really sure anymore, but isn't there a possibility to get more bananas by using the banana picker or asking Herman?
 Joshi
03-26-2007, 4:00 AM
How do you get the banana picker without first using the bananas to get the monkey to open the gate to the monkey head to get the idol to give to the cannibals to get the banana picker?
 LargoLaGrande
03-27-2007, 4:02 PM
I didn't play it for a long time.. you're right! It isn't possible to steal the picker, is it? He didn't took it through the hole..
So. It's a bug. ^^
Page: 1 of 1