Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Warhammer 40,000 MMO

Page: 1 of 1
 HK-87
03-19-2007, 3:37 AM
Well, yup, its official. We shall have it in the years to come. But, of course we must ask ourselves, Who shall we be? Might we be the blessed Astartes, defeating the Emperor's enemies in His name? Or will we be perverted by a chaos most foul? Only time will tell, comrades.

Article:Click me in the name of the Emperor! (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6166560.html)
 igyman
03-21-2007, 2:54 PM
How about: ''For the Greater Good!'' (providing we can play as the Tau Empire)
 Alkonium
03-21-2007, 7:15 PM
How about: ''For the Greater Good!'' (providing we can play as the Tau Empire)
I agree. For the Greater Good! I really hope we'll be able to play as the T'au, and that it's a WoW killer.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-22-2007, 3:17 AM
Pff...Greater good...Weak little Tau...My Space Marines will see you dead! In The Name of The Emperor, you shall be purged!

Hopefully, it'll be the first really good space MMO. I've always thought they were pretty bad. IMO of course.

that it's a WoW killer.

Not really, since one is in space, the other in a fantasy universe rooted on the ground :)
 PoiuyWired
03-22-2007, 5:42 AM
Well, all I know is that it would be fun playijng as Eldar, hmmm, Harliequin. Well, there are no girls allowed on a battlebarge... so I would have to pass. Oh, being a carnifx would be fun also.
 RedHawke
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Pff...Greater good...Weak little Tau...My Space Marines will see you dead! In The Name of The Emperor, you shall be purged!
Word! ;)
 HK-87
03-24-2007, 7:17 PM
When will you all learn, and simply bow down to Chaos!
 SilentScope001
03-25-2007, 12:23 AM
I hope they have that Chaos God that main goal is to destroy Chaos. :)

Malal - The renegade fifth Chaos God, he represented Chaos fighting against itself. Due to copyright issues, he is no longer mentioned in current background material.

Hopefully, Malal can be renamed to Malice, like "Sons of Malice" that battle against other Chaos Gods. Malal/Malice sounds like an interesting character...and I would love to join up and fight with him. :)
 mur'phon
04-02-2007, 5:36 AM
that it's a WoW killer.

as luke said, it probably won't be. If you are looking for a wow killer, I think war online stand a fair chance
 igyman
04-04-2007, 7:31 AM
I didn't see anybody mention this before and this might be a good place to mention it. There's a Warhammer (not 40000) MMO too and it's supposed to be released sometime this year. Here's (http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/home/index.php) the link to the official site.
 lukeiamyourdad
04-04-2007, 3:59 PM
Yeah well, I was never a fan of Warhammer. I think Blizzard did better then Games Workshop. Yeah, Blizzard did steal a lot of things from GW, but overall, I'd say they did a better job at making an interesting fantasy universe. IMO of course.

On the other hand, there's nothing like Warhammer 40K. Even StarCraft, which is as close as it gets, is almost totally different. W40K is some sort of neo-gothic world, dark and gritty, with lots of bloody violence and fanaticism.
 DarthParametric
05-07-2010, 1:44 AM
At last, after an eternity, THQ CEO Brian Farrell has announced that the 40K MMO will be getting a "full unveiling" at this year's E3.

Fingers crossed that they made a good fist of it. I can't say my brief taste of the WHFB MMO did much for me.
 DarthParametric
06-16-2010, 8:03 AM
The first trailer has been released along with a name - Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Online.

hHu4Na0lsd0

The graphics look surprisingly good for an MMO. And Warhound Titans! I wonder if any of the big boys will show up.
 igyman
06-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Looks interesting. If and only if it won't require a monthly subscription, I might consider getting it.
 Astor
06-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Looks interesting. If and only if it won't require a monthly subscription, I might consider getting it.

I don't know if you've been following GamesWorkshop as a company lately, but it's pretty certain there'll be a monthly subscription.

They're not just content with having some of the highest priced (and decidedly average quality) miniatures in the market and some awful rules, they want your video gaming money too. :)
 Astrotoy7
06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Interesting. Hopefully this will lure away the creepy dudes in their 40s that always seem to be in the Games Workshop in my area. I just go in on an odd lunch break to look at the artwork in White Dwarf.

mtfbwya
 Hallucination
06-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Interesting. Hopefully this will lure away the creepy dudes in their 40s that always seem to be in the Games Workshop in my area. I just go in on an odd lunch break to look at the artwork in White Dwarf.

mtfbwya
Neckbeards are the least likely group to like the MMO, don't get your hopes up. ;)
 Astrotoy7
06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Neckbeards are the least likely group to like the MMO, don't get your hopes up. ;)

drats!

*adds neckbeard to extended vocabulary* :D

mtfbwya
 DarthParametric
06-19-2010, 1:54 AM
Here's a brief interview with Joe Madureira - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-dark-millenium/700743)

Nothing that we didn't already know and more of an intro for non-40K fans, but there are a couple of seconds worth of extra in-game footage than what was shown in the trailer. The most interesting thing is probably the "booth babe" behind him.
 DarthParametric
03-30-2012, 12:34 AM
So THQ have announced that Dark Millennium is no longer an MMO and is being turned into "an immersive single player and online multiplayer experience with robust digital content, and engaging community features" instead.

THQ CEO Brian Farrell explains: "we have been actively looking for a business partner for the game as an MMO. However, based on changing market dynamics and the additional investment required to complete the game as an MMO, we believe the right direction for us is to shift the title". So not enough money.
Page: 1 of 1