Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Handmaiden MMMAAADDD!!!! Possible spoilers

Page: 1 of 1
 Obi-Wan Baloney
03-15-2007, 9:37 PM
Ok, I apparently made the Handmaiden really mad at me and she won't talk to me.This has never happened to me before. Will she eventually talk to me again? :sam: :holosid:
 stoffe
03-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Ok, I apparently made the Handmaiden really mad at me and she won't talk to me.This has never happened to me before. Will she eventually talk to me again? :sam: :holosid:

No. If you have 30 more influence with Visas at any time the Handmaiden will go crazy and refuse to speak with you ever again. So make sure you either max out the Handmaiden's influence, or get it quite high before you gain a lot of influence with Visas, or this will happen.
 Shem
03-16-2007, 6:46 AM
I had that happen the first time I played TSL. That was the only time it happened. :D The way I play it now, the Handmaiden is a Jedi before Visas even joins my party. I totally forgot the detail of that dialogue when the Handmaiden gets mad at you. I should try to trigger it again sometime to see what it was like.
 PoiuyWired
03-17-2007, 1:36 PM
Well, I wonder if something like that happens to the relationship between Atton and that stinky scumbag whatever his name is. Then again the time I play female I have not done anything with the irritating slimeball so I am not sure. I mean, I really hate to see him anywhere close to my pc.
 Jediphile
03-17-2007, 1:58 PM
Like stoffe said, Handmaiden won't talk to you again, if that happens. Ever. I usually avoid it by maxing my INF with Handmaiden was much as possible immediately. Then I can get full INF with Visas afterwards without having to worry about it, even if it's not 100 with Handmaiden.

If you want to talk to Handmaiden again and don't want to replay from an earlier point (and don't mind cheating), then I suggest using the KotOR Savegame Editor to adjust the INF for Handmaiden and/or Visas so that the problem goes away.

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#Kotor)
 Gug Eyewalker
03-29-2007, 4:17 PM
Something rather odd has happened in this current game I am playing. Visas has shown up, and the handmaiden is not there, i am starting to think i will not get the handmaiden this game, wierd eh?
 SilentScope001
03-29-2007, 5:11 PM
Something rather odd has happened in this current game I am playing. Visas has shown up, and the handmaiden is not there, i am starting to think i will not get the handmaiden this game, wierd eh?

If you are female, you do not get Handmaiden, you get Disciple.

If not, prehaps you have not gotten past the Hidden Academcy on Telos yet. If you had, then, once you get passed that level, Handmaiden will join your party.
 Lord Spitfire
04-03-2007, 9:25 AM
Well, I wonder if something like that happens to the relationship between Atton and that stinky scumbag whatever his name is. Then again the time I play female I have not done anything with the irritating slimeball so I am not sure. I mean, I really hate to see him anywhere close to my pc.

I don't know why everyone hates Disciple so much. I've only played one file on female (about seven or eight on male), and Disciple seems like a really nice guy. I seriously don't know why people hate him so much!

And yeah. I just make Brianna a Jedi, then get Visas and get full influence. Yes, I love her that much. :P
 DrPhil2501
04-03-2007, 11:15 PM
While I'm on the subject, I had that Visas/Handmaiden argument scene too. Yet for some odd reason, the Handmaiden is still talking to me.

Oh, and a reason why everyone seems to hate the Diciple, its probably because of his annoying Jude Law accent. Also... I don't know, he just seems... well... irratating!
 Tupac Amaru
04-04-2007, 4:25 AM
While I'm on the subject, I had that Visas/Handmaiden argument scene too. Yet for some odd reason, the Handmaiden is still talking to me.This cutscene does not make the Handmaiden angry. There are two more cutscenes between Kreia and Handmaiden that need to trigger. In the first one, Kreia tries to convince the Handmaiden that Visas is corrupting the Exile, but the Handmaiden does not believe her yet. In the second one, the Handmaiden admits that Kreia was right. Only now will she refuse to talk with you anymore.

The Visas-Handmaiden argument needs at least 15 more influence with Visas.
For the first Kreia-Handmaiden cutscene the influence difference must be at least 30, for the second Kreia-Handmaiden cutscene it has to be at least 45.
 DrPhil2501
04-04-2007, 4:46 AM
Oh, okay. I'm gonna keep getting influence with Visas so I too can experience what shall happen :)
 Marauder's Fury
04-10-2007, 5:11 PM
Oh, well. The thread is here, so I don't need to make a new one.

OK, in the hopes of getting KotOR Tool running, I've reinstalled TSL and while I'm at it, I've decided to give it another try. Now, Handmaiden is a proper Jedi but she seems to be suffering a jealousy crisis at the moment. I guess I've already talked to her about everything I'm supposed to (except Atris, because she kept giving me an [Influence:Failure] message), but I still don't want her wexed with me. Any way to fix this? I've even downloaded this KSE and maxed her influence, but she still refuses to talk to me. Anything else I should tinker with? Like those shifty Globals? Thanks in advance.
 Jediphile
04-10-2007, 6:05 PM

OK, in the hopes of getting KotOR Tool running, I've reinstalled TSL and while I'm at it, I've decided to give it another try. Now, Handmaiden is a proper Jedi but she seems to be suffering a jealousy crisis at the moment. I guess I've already talked to her about everything I'm supposed to (except Atris, because she kept giving me an [Influence:Failure] message), but I still don't want her wexed with me. Any way to fix this? I've even downloaded this KSE and maxed her influence, but she still refuses to talk to me. Anything else I should tinker with? Like those shifty Globals? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, I would have thought that fixed it right there... I'd suggest trying to set your influence with Visas down for a bit (you can always up it again later) and see if that helps.
 Darth Jedi01
04-10-2007, 6:24 PM
If you are female, you do not get Handmaiden, you get Disciple.

If not, prehaps you have not gotten past the Hidden Academcy on Telos yet. If you had, then, once you get passed that level, Handmaiden will join your party.

Well in order to have gotten Visas, he would have had to gotten past the Hidden Academy on Telos. If its not that the character is female, then it would have to be a glitch/bug/whatever you would call it.
 dede_frost
04-10-2007, 9:55 PM

Actually..... I think you need a lower influence with handmaiden to activate this...... try setting it from 50 to 70..... that should work....
 Marauder's Fury
04-11-2007, 7:28 AM
Did it! Sunk myself into the global variables and reset everything concerning Visas and Handmaiden - cutscenes, Visas vs. Handmaiden, Visas-Handmaiden status, Handmaiden Angry and Handmaiden Finale. Probably not all of them had to be reset, but it's not like I care... after all, I don't care if the cutscenes between Handmaiden and Kreia trigger again, since I'm not about to allow my influence over her to drop down to the floor.

Big thanks to everyone! And thanks to tk107 as well, because I've downloaded his global comparison tool, too and it helped a lot.
 SilentScope001
04-11-2007, 12:10 PM
This cutscene does not make the Handmaiden angry. There are two more cutscenes between Kreia and Handmaiden that need to trigger. In the first one, Kreia tries to convince the Handmaiden that Visas is corrupting the Exile, but the Handmaiden does not believe her yet. In the second one, the Handmaiden admits that Kreia was right. Only now will she refuse to talk with you anymore.

The Visas-Handmaiden argument needs at least 15 more influence with Visas.
For the first Kreia-Handmaiden cutscene the influence difference must be at least 30, for the second Kreia-Handmaiden cutscene it has to be at least 45.

Awesome. I already trained Handmaiden last time, so I'll just ignore her and talk to Visas. Let see those cutscenes. :)
 Point Man
04-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Certain conversations with Handmaiden are only available within a specific range of influence. If you get it too high, she will not speak to you about certain things. Moral: Keep talking to her at every influence gain.
 emti1677
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
a dumb question!
How do you turn handmaiden into a jedi?
 Arбtoeldar
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
a dumb question!
How do you turn handmaiden into a jedi?

You have to spar with Brianna 3 times and talk to her about her past.
Page: 1 of 1