Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

As Far As a War Can Go

Page: 1 of 1
 Black Knight of Keno
03-12-2007, 12:08 PM
'What if the history had gone another way? It's a question I often think while meditating in the Temple gardens. What if we hadn't managed to arrest Palpatine? Would the war be over? Would the galaxy be any better than it is now? We've been fighting against the Seperatists for five years now and to no avail. Palpatine was given the death sentence for treason and executed a week after we found out that he was the Sith Lord. Skywalker was booted out of the Order for being married and having children with Senator Amidala. Now they live somewhere in the Naboo lakeside, I don't know. I'm too concerned with the point that rest of us Jedi are still struggling against Grievous and the Seperatist Council. If we only knew where Palpatine told them to go before getting caught... I miss peace. I miss the sounds of Coruscant when people are hurrying off to their workplaces. I miss my meditation sessions'
- From the diary of Jedi Master Rael Fel'Friello

That pretty much summons it up. It's still the Clone Wars. When Palpatine was gone, Grievous took full control of the CIS droid army, using it to fill his own want for power by waging a very bloody and repetitive war against the Grand Army of the Republic. The Empire never rose, Anakin found peace when his dreams didn't come true and the Clones never became a fist meant for wiping out Jedi and rebels. This RP starts with the Jedi holding their annual Exhibition Day Tournament, where younglings will show off and try to get noticed by knights and masters that could train them.

It's time for me to find a more active RP forum to rule, so here I am. Heh, anyways, I'm BKK, some may know me from the past as Darth Tepe, whatever. I miss the good old days of actual activity on RP forums, so I'll drop in and see if you're worth my time. For this RP, like usually with my RPs, no profile required. Just describe and name your character(s) in the first post. I may be a bit bossy sometimes, so hang with me and make sure all major sideplots and plot changes are discussed with me. You can find me on MSN whenever I'm awake(Just so you know, I'm +2 GMT, so no bitching about me never being on if you're from a land far far away), but the PM has been invented too. So, let's get this thing going, shall we?

------

Rael, a Balosar Jedi master and Senior Jedi General, turned some switches as he started planetfall procedure above Coruscant. His Personal Luxury Yacht 3000-model ship was heavily modified with better engines, heavier shields, increased cargo space, an added docking coupling and three additional laser cannons. With a red paintjob and the insignia of the 9th Sector Army, which he was in control of, the yacht was very unique indeed. As the automated landing procedure started with the Air Control, Rael had the chance to get his modified BARC speeder fueled and otherwise ready. An astromech droid whistled next to the Jedi who merely smiled and handed over the fueling to the small companion of his. He sat down just in time to make sure the landing on one of the landing platforms near the Jedi temple was made correctly. The landing gear went down and the ship landed softly. Rael sighed and got up, running a hand throught his rather long hair and antennas before taking his robe and drawing it on. His tunic was a medium brown while the robes he put on were a rather dark brown. Two lightsabers hung on his belt at places that his robe covered up pretty well. There was also other technology on him, including his wrist link on his left wrist with several buttons added on it as well as a binary translator that came handypretty often. The Jedi looked at the astromech that entered the bridge with a whistle and a beep. The speeder was ready.

Rael stepped on the speeder and started it. With a push of a button on the cuff, the ramp lowered on the back of the ship and the Jedi could leave. Not without putting on a modified Phase I Clone Trooper helmet of course, as it would be dangerous to drive without a helmet. The helmet's T-visor had been removed and enlarged and a plastex vizor had been placed on it instead. Throught the filter, the Jedi's voice came throught in a much more raspy and mechanical voice than it would normally be.
"Hold the fort until I come back, R3" he said and then left off towards the Jedi Temple. On the way, he pressed the button again and the large ramp closed once again, hiding the ship's insides from curious eyes. Rael continued swiftly to the Jedi Temple, landing in one of the landing bays and then leaving off o watch the younglings. The man was already late, but he wasn't really looking for a padawan anyways. It was just a habit that had come to him after his last padawan was knighted. If he saw anyone promising enought, he might just as well try and raise the youngling into a proper Jedi.
 steven
03-12-2007, 1:18 PM
Steven watched the buildings of Coruscant fly past as his speeder sped through the endless traffic of air speeders and small starships. His pilot/driver was his ever faithful Noghri body gaurd, Murray (nickname given to him by Steven). The two had met when Steven rescued Murray from his polluted planet after Murray's clan was destroyed by a small Separatist scout group which Steven had been hired to destroy. At first the conversation was hard but Steven, which the help of several translation experts, Murray learnt the Galactic Basic language (well sort of.)

Together the two made a crack team of Mercenaries which did whatever it took to survive however they did their best to stay out of the war. Only a few times did they take jobs which involved the wars, which resulted in the death of perhaps a clone squadron or several Neimoidian scientists.

Their air speeder was on route to their landing pad which their ship, Bird of Prey, was positioned. It was an armored transport which was a prototype class ship which the two had swiped from the Separatists months ago. Fortunately the Bird of Prey had already been equipped with a lethal arnsal of weaponry.

The two had recently scored high in a job to hunt down an escaped convict and bring him to an senator. That convict is currently in the boot of the speeder, tied up and attempting to scream through the robed white clothe in his mouth.

OOC: Here are a few pictures.
Murry (http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/90/NoghriNEGAS.jpg)
The Bird of Prey (http://www.3dactionplanet.com/lancer/images/freelancer/artwork/122202/s_armor.jpg)
Still looking for a picture of Steven.
 Grace
03-12-2007, 8:58 PM
"Looking for a potential padawan, Jalira?" a fellow Jedi Knight asked. Jalira Kralen, the tall, slender woman he'd addressed turned her head slowly to observe him.

"Unlikely," she answered, absently smoothing her traditional Jedi robe, blinking her uniquely golden eyes once slowly. Shaking her head solemnly, she directed her attention once more to the eager younglings performing to get noticed. "If I am to choose someone to learn from me, it shall not be through an event such as this. I am here for observation alone."

Jalira Kralen was sometimes described as inhuman, a designation in part given from her unusually colored eyes. But despite her eyes, Jalira seemed human in almost every other way, right down to her chin-length, rich brown hair, five fingers to a hand, ten toes to a foot, and all the other aspects of human anatomy where they ought to be. And yet... there was something distinctly inhuman about her mannerisms, even for a Jedi.

"If not at an event designed for finding a padawan, where will you find one?" her fellow Jedi asked. Jalira's eyes did not waver from the performances this time.

"As it ought to be," she answered. "A youngling, devoted to his or her training, while training, will capture my attention. This... event, as you call it is nothing more than a contest. It may as well be called 'Pick Me Day', and I will have no involvement in such a thing. Watching will suffice."
 Black Knight of Keno
03-12-2007, 9:49 PM
The light-skinned near-human rushed throught the halls of the temple, his robes flapping behind him as he ran, exposing his light-coloured pants and dark brown knww-high boots. Just before stepping withing the hall where the younglings were, he straightened his outfit and brushed his hand throught his very light brown hair. Yes, he was a man of much brown, it seemed. So it came to the eyes to break that habit, one being cold blue in color and the other being a cybernetic implant and so shining as a completely blue dot within his eye socket. The eye prosthetic wasn't as bad looking as you might think, actually. Due to his wishes of not looking too threathening, they had covered most machinery usually visible to the public with synthflesh while keeping the scar that had caused the loss of his eye going across his eye as a reminder of his mistakes when dueling one of Dooku's acolytes.

The large doors opened with a hiss and the man could walk into the next hall. He could not see throught the crowd what was happening, but by the flickers of lights in the ceiling and on the walls, he presumed it was lightsaber sparring. Rael walked around the large circle of masters, pinching himself throught to watch the younglings when he saw any kind of an opening. The first thing he took notice was that Master Windu was back at the Temple. After Palpatine's arrest, Windu had been forced to take control of the Senate for a whole of two years in order to purge out those corrupted by Palpatine and to bring the Democracy back into the war. Now he was finished it seemed. Now they had a new Supreme Chancellor, Bail Organa. Organa was also granted emergecy powers, but this time restricted ones. Of course, Organa didn't even try to get more powers, being famous of his pro-diplomacy stance
 Rexraptor2000
03-13-2007, 4:53 PM
The Exhibition Day Tournament was something that Shadow never quite understood completely. Showing off wasn't exactly something encouraged by the code, and and it certainly wasn't smart to try suicidal stunts like some of the other padawans and younglings were doing. He himself was just hoping that they would appoint him a master to replace his old one and get it over with, but it apparently was a requirement to participate.

However, nothing said that he couldn't do what he did best as a substitute for stunts. What he did best at was building things and making them better. So his own little spot of the temple was littered with parts and computers for coding AI, which he was also skilled at, while he built whatever types of machines that came to mind. One of his little creations was greeting every person that passed by with a quick and high-pitched formal voice that Shadow found hilarious.

"Hello, I am Unit 0001-ADW, but you may call me Andrew. I am one of Shadow Atticus's creations, and I must say that-" Then Andrew would go on forever, quickly repelling masters and knights simply because they weren't interested in a padawan who's specialization was mechanics, computers, and making annoying little machines like Andrew.

The current creation he was working on was Hellfire, who was a replica of another of Shadow's creations called Bluemoon.

Hellfire and Bluemoon (http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4885/hellfireandbluemoonii6.jpg)
Andrew (http://halo.wikia.com/images/8/86/GS-Heretic.jpg)
 Black Knight of Keno
03-14-2007, 4:51 PM
As Andrew scooped around to face Rael and began to speak, the Jedi master raised and eyebrow. As the machine continued to speak, the man got rather tired of it's voice and raised a hand, disabling it's vocoder with the aid of the force. A few people around him who had been harrassed by the droid gave a sigh of relief and continued to concentrate on the other younglings. The Balosar Jedi, however, watched as the droid recalculated it's position and the problem within itself before hurrying off to it's constructor for fixing. Rael saw where the droid went and put the youngling's face to his mind just as he was interrupted by a high-pitched grunt from below.

"Master Yoda, came to see your initiates?"
"No. Come to watch my initiates I have not. To see the masters I came"
"Ah... No Seperatist Council sightings yet?"
"Hidden themselves well, the seperatists have"
"Too well for my liking. Tell me, master, who is that youngling?" Rael asked and pointed at Shadow
"Shadow Atticus, he is. With his hands very capable"
"Aye, I can see that. May I see him after this?"
"Of course. Tell him you are interested, I will. Go and see to other matters, now I must. Getting ready to brief the Senior Jedi Generals in the briefing room, Master Windu is, so head there with the others, you should. Yes, hmmm."
"Of course, Master" Rael said as the small green Jedi floated past on his power chair to speak with other Jedi.

Rael himself decided to take a step back and draw his hood on his haid. Covered up, he slipped out of the hall and headed for the briefing room. As he rushed throught the hallways, he managed to avoid all contact with other Jedi until reaching the briefing room where Windu and Kenobi stood, speaking of the still slowly progressing Outer Rim Sieges. The Jedi Master took his hood off as he apprached them and bowed as a greeting.
"Masters. How long will this take? I do not have much spare time. Commander Wes is currently preparing his troops to move for Rattatak and I wish to coordinate the plans with him before they arrive in the system"
"It won't take long. We'll be finished by the time the Exhibition ends" Master Windu responded and led the waiting Jedi into the briefing room, activating the holoprojectore as soon as he could.
 steven
03-14-2007, 6:21 PM
Due to change of plans, the two had to travel to the senators estate where they'd drop off their prisoner, collect their money, perhabs have a quick session in the spa, and be off. Simple. But Steven's intuition was telling something bad was going to happen. Fortantually in situations like this Steven alwase had a plan, just in case. As they approched the estate, Steven nodded at Murry who climbed onto the front of the speeder and his human companion rushed into the driving seat to watch Murry bend down and leeped at the tower. Although of instead of hitting the tower he plumped down into the unknown. A normal man would worry however Steven and Murry had pulled off stunts like this before so he hasn't completely worried.

Once Steven reached the essate's hanger, he felt it was time to get his prisoner out from the speeder boot. The mans hands were tied behind his back and his feet tied together, both with primavity rope which was more safer than binders and more itchy. Steven bend down to cut the foot rope with his personal dagger before giding the man deeper into the estate.

Edventually, the two met the senator and several guards. "Awww Senator Jonas of Corellia. I have your prisoner. I'm guessing you have my money."
The Senator smiled "Of corse, but before I give you that..." The next thing the Senator did was raised a blaster and shot several blasts at Steven. Fortantually he expected his and was ready. Steven pushed his prisoner infront of him for him to take all the blaster bolts and gave him time to pull out his own weapon. Using Steven's customazed blaster-shotgun, in several shots, he killed the guards and the senators. "Well that's original." He muttered to himself. His next objectives was to gather enough money to pay for the job and to get the hell out of there.
 Grace
03-14-2007, 9:23 PM
Jalira watched emotionlessly as a few of the Senior Jedi Generals filed out of the room. Though a general, Jalira was not one of the senior generals. Given her skill in battle and eye for strategy, however, a 'promotion', if it could be called that was not far away. Until then, Jalira would take her orders from older and more experienced generals, leading her troops into battle wherever they were led to go.

At that moment, her comlink buzzed. A clone commander was on the other end.

"General Kralen," he said, "I've sent you an update of how things are going here in the battlefield."

"As usual," Jalira observed. "However, your call is most unexpected. You are perhaps wondering when I shall return?"

"Indeed we are," the Commander answered. "The fighting is almost over, but only a general can oversee the final surrender of the enemy."

Jalira nodded. "I know not why the Council called me to Coruscant at this time," she said. "However, I shall rejoin you by tomorrow morning at the latest."

"Know not, why called you we have?" Yoda asked. Jalira turned to face him and bowed respectfully to the old Jedi Master, ending the call to the clone.

"The timing of the call was a little inconvenient, Master Yoda," Jalira admitted slowly. "The effort to retake Bassadro is taking a turn in our favor."

Yoda nodded. "Other matters for you to deal with, we have," he said. "Take care of Bassadro, Empatojayos Brand will."

"As you wish, Master Yoda," Jalira confirmed. "What is my assignment?"

"Join the Senior Generals, you will," Yoda answered. "Listen, learn. So very near are you, to being one of them. Listen to this meeting you must; speak not."

"It will be as you say," Jalira said. Bowing again to Yoda, she turned and left the Exhibition, her long strides taking her to the briefing room.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-15-2007, 9:52 AM
Rael sat silently as he watched the holographic display show the latest moves in the war.
"As you can see, Grievous is moving his armies to the foundries located on Corlax 4. The Seperatists are overmining it and forcing the population to work double as hard as usual, so the planet is practically ready to rebel if we support it. Master Fel'Friello, you and Master Kralen will be on this as soon as you can"
"Master Windu, my forces are heading for Rattatak and if I remember correctly, Master Kralen's troops are still on Bassadro. Can't anyone else do it?"
"Unfortunately we have nobody to spare and your forces haven't depleted too much from other battles. Most other Sector Armies are engaging the Seperatist forces on the Outer Rim and those who aren't have taken too serious losses to be rallied against such a well defended planet"
"My mission to Rattatak is serious. Many of the assassins used by the Seperatists come from there. Taking control of the system as soon as possible now that we've located it should be a top priority so we can finally bring calmness into the Senators' minds"
"Rael! Master Kenobi and the Open Circle Fleet can take care of it. Corlax 4 is filled with resources and factories that make it possible to churn out millions of battle droids a week. If we can take the planet, it may just be our first major win towards peace. By taking their resources, we can force them into peace"

Rael looked around at the Jedi looking at him and leaned forwards, annoyed of his defeat. He had wished to take the oportunity of searching Rattatak for any useful information on the Seperatist locations, but now Kenobi would take the credit. The man grunted quietly and leaned back on the seat to see the rest of the briefing. He would continue his rant later to his Commander when fighting in the filthy trenches and all that
 Grace
03-16-2007, 8:29 PM
Jalira glanced over at Rael, examining his frustrated expression with an entirely emotionless expression of her own. When he leaned back and the briefing continued, her attention returned to the other masters. She watched each of them in perfect silence, trying to determine their emotions and what drove each of them to their decisions. Over all, she found it was a highly educational briefing, both in being informed of the war, and in getting to know the Senior Generals.

Only when the briefing was over did she say anything at all. As the other generals made their way out of the room, she approached Rael.

"You had much more on your mind to say than what actually came through your lips," she observed coolly, her golden eyes blinking slowly as she watched him for any evidence of the frustration she'd seen earlier.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-17-2007, 9:17 AM
"I always have, but my thoughts are for me to keep if I want to continue my life as a Jedi. It seems we have our hands full then. You should inform your troops to pull out when they can and have them heading for Corlax 4. I still have some things to do, but if you want, you can hitch a ride with me" Rael said before heading off. He raised his arm and looked at the wrist link, contacting his Clone Commander. The hologram of the man appeared standing from the small holoprojector with a helmet under his armpit.

"Commander, abort the mission to Rattatak. We have a job waiting for us on Corlax 4"
"Yes, General. We have a small garrison on a planet near the Corlax system, should we head there?"
"No. Head straight to Corlax 4, but jump out early. Stay hidden until I arrive"
"Yes, General"

With that, Rael continued back to the hall where the exhibition had been. He could see Yoda still holding some younglings inside the hall, giving them advice and preparing them to meet their possible new masters. As the Jedi Master entered, Yoda looked at Shadow Atticus.
"Shadow Atticus. Your new master meet. Rael Fel'Fierro, this is"
"Unfortunately we should leave post haste, my new padawan. We can talk on the way, but right now you should go get anything you think you need on Corlax 4" Rael said and smiled, extending his hand to greet Shadow.
 Rexraptor2000
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Shadow smiled also and shook Rael's hand with a firm grip. Shadow was 16 years old, standing at around two inches taller than Rael and had a slim, but muscular, build that seemed devoid of virtually any fat. He had a sharp face overall, with high cheekbones, a strong chin, and a sharp nose. He also had almond-shaped green eyes, maroon hair that was way shorter than the rules said it should be, and rough, tan skin.

"Glad to meet you Master. I'm sure I won't need too much for the trip, since enemy driods tend to give me what I need." Shadow said with a grin.

"Greetings! Though my vocoder seemed to have malfunctioned earlier, I'm now now fully operational!" Andrew exclaimed as he hovered over, humming. Following him where Hellfire and Bluemoon, who both where operational with their differant colored 'eyes'.

"Andrew, could you please get my affects ready for a trip to Corlax 4?" Shadow asked.

"Of course, follow me Units HLF and BEM." Andrew said as he hovered away, humming and even let out a little giggle.
 Black Knight of Keno
03-17-2007, 12:04 PM
"That's one annoying droid you've built" Rael said with a chuckle as Andrew left and the two men left the exhibition hall.
"My ship can carry you and your droids to Corlax 4. If you have a ship or a fighter, I have docking rings so we can take them with us" he said before drawing his hood on, covering the cybernetic implant that still could be clearly seen shining from under the shadows. The Balosar Jedi watched as other Jedi passed them on the way. Inside the Temple, you might even think there is no war raging in the Galaxy. Rael's wrist link beeped and the man answered. The Clone Commander popped up and saluted.

"General, the Seperatists spotted us entering the system. Their troops are preparing"
"Launch your attack, Commander. Use the ARCs and Shadow Troopers to destroy the planetary shields as soon as you can and start the landing operation"
"Yes, General" The Commander said and the comm was cut off. The Master grunted and looked at his Padawan.
"We need to hurry. My forces are strong, but not strong enought. I wish our training could start more peacefully, my young padawan, but at least I'll get to see what you're made of right from the beginning" Rael said and led him towards the landing platfrom. With a press of a button on his wrist link, his yach started up and lifted off, heading for the Jedi Temple with the aid of the Jedi's droid
 Grace
03-23-2007, 1:33 AM
As Rael met with his new padawan and communicated with his clone commander, Jalira spoke with her clone commander as well.

"General Kralen, I had not expected to hear from you again so soon," he said in greeting. Jalira merely nodded.

"Commander, you are to pull your men off Bassadro," she told him. "The location is being given into the hands of General Brand and his troops."

The commander shifted uncomfortably. "This is a bad time for that," he said slowly. Jalira nodded.

"I realize this," she said. "However, the Council has made its decision. We have been reassigned to Corlax 4, and we shall be working with General Fel'Fierro."

"I've heard he's... interesting," the commander said. "Chain of command places him above you, doesn't it?"

Jalira nodded. "However, I fully expect there to be more than enough work for everyone."

"I don't like leaving Bassadro defenseless," the commander said slowly.

"General Brand was sent from here at approximately the same time as I left there," Jalira informed him. "He and his troops should be arriving any moment now. But you must get ours on our ships. Go to Corlax 4. I will meet you there."

The general nodded his compliance and signed off. Jalira shook her head and went to find Rael.
Page: 1 of 1