Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Coruscant - Jedi Temple

Page: 1 of 4
 deathdisco
03-01-2007, 2:23 AM
The download is an 8MB .rar file.
DeadlyStream Download (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/585-coruscant-jedi-temple-by-deathdisco/)
or
nexusmods Download (http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/55/?)

UPDATE: New patch to make this mod compatible with Stoffe's
Handmaiden Party Member Option For Female Exiles.
Download compatibility patch here (http://www.angelfire.com/80s/deathdisco/jeditemple.htm#Download).

UPDATE: Multi-Language patch.
This does not translate the text. It only makes text visible if your using a different
language version of the game.
Unfortunately I can't actually test it myself, being that I only have the
English version of the game.
Download multi-language patch here (http://www.angelfire.com/80s/deathdisco/jeditemple.htm#Download).

From the readme:

----------------------------
[TSL]Coruscant - Jedi Temple
----------------------------
This mod adds a new planet to the galaxy map. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

--------
Features
--------
This mods create three new areas re-using exiting modules.

1.The Jedi Temple Landing pad.
2.The Jedi Temple itself.
3.The Jedi Council chambers.

You can learn a handful of Jedi power. (Depends on skill/attribute checks)
Learn a bonus Lightsaber form. (Prestige class required)
Learn a bonus Force form. (Prestige class required, excluding Jedi Master/Sith Lord)
Practice your blaster bolt deflection skills.

Acquire high level Jedi related items/upgrades.
Dark Side items also available.

I've added a couple of items I created for previous mods.
I created some new Jedi/Sith items for this mod.
I re-created some K1 items (.uti's only) not available for TSL for this mod.

Some surprises. ;)

------------
Installation
------------
Extract the contents of tsljeditemple.rar.
Run the installer and select your game directory. IE: e:\Program Files\Lucasarts\SWKotOR2
The installer will create backups of files it modified. Save these for un-installation.

---------
Uninstall
---------
See separate UninstallREADME.txt

-----
Notes
-----
This mod is not currently compatible with any other mods that edit the galaxy map.
This mod adds a lighsaber hilt reskin using model w_lghtsbr_151, which
is compatible with USM and The Masters of the Force Hilt pack.
All source files included in the NSS folder.

--------------
Special Thanks
--------------
This mod would not be possible without the modding tools and help (direct or indirect)
of these individuals.

Fred Tetra
TK102
Darth333
Stoffe
Dashus
Darth InSidious

-------
Contact
-------
I can be reached at Lucas Forums:
http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321)
 Darth InSidious
03-01-2007, 2:42 AM
Looks sweet :)

Seems you got this out quickly!

Looking forward to playing it :)
 deathdisco
03-01-2007, 2:57 AM
Hope you like it. :)
Seems you got this out quickly!
Well, I started putting together the models for the main module in December. It took about 2 and a half months, so not that quick.
 Shem
03-01-2007, 3:10 AM
I don't know what my bandwidth limit is so if it's down try again later. I've PM'd Shem to try to get it up at FileFront also.Your download did time out on me and had to make a couple of attempts, but I was able to get it and then I reviewed and uploaded it to FileFront as you requested. :D

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Coruscant_Jedi_Temple;76316)
 Master Michael
03-01-2007, 5:12 AM
Looks sweet. Looking forward to trying it out next time I play TSL.
 Anach
03-01-2007, 9:54 AM
Great mod. Its a pity about the distant scenary (I know its not the modders fault). I know the area was only meant for a cutscene, but they should made it dark (night) like Nar Shadar or reused the Nar Shadar back-drop, then you wouldnt notice the low detail back-drop so much.
 Darth Smaug
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Looks sweet.
 TLM20
03-01-2007, 1:21 PM
Looking forward to trying this one out :), will leave feedback asap. Good job!
 Prime
03-01-2007, 2:30 PM
Looks great!
 deathdisco
03-01-2007, 3:03 PM
Thanks for getting it up at FileFront for me Shem.
but they should made it dark (night) like Nar Shadar or reused the Nar Shadar back-drop
The only problem with that is that the Council Chambers backdrop is in full daylight.

Thanks for the kind words. :)
 Master Zionosis
03-01-2007, 4:16 PM
Wow, this looks amazing, I'm downloading it now, like 10/10 deathdisco.
 jedi7000nathan
03-01-2007, 7:43 PM
What is the masters of the force pack
 Anakin Skywalker
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
Well, I started putting together the models for the main module in December. It took about 2 and a half months, so not that quick.

Actually... that is quick... ^_^

I look forward to using it the next time I play TSL...
 Prime
03-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I assume I do not need to start a new game? Are there any other requirements for starting this mod mid-game?
 deathdisco
03-02-2007, 8:58 AM
@Prime:
As long as your past Telos(academy) It'll be on the gaxaly map.

@jedi7000nathan:
Since that other mod hosting place went belly up, I can't look up who the author is. It's a lightsaber pack including:
Anakin ROTS
Anakin AOTC
Luke ROTJ
Quinlon EU
Unfortunately he forgot to include the Quinlon Vos hilt skin(he seemed to disappear shortly after releasing them).
 Arбtoeldar
03-02-2007, 9:38 AM
I love mods that add content deathdisco. :heart:
 Achilles
03-02-2007, 12:40 PM
@jedi7000nathan:
Since that other mod hosting place went belly up, I can't look up who the author is. It's a lightsaber pack including:
Anakin ROTS
Anakin AOTC
Luke ROTJ
Quinlon EU
Unfortunately he forgot to include the Quinlon Vos hilt skin(he seemed to disappear shortly after releasing them). He goes by Hefe and USA Hefe.

He also made a pretty sweet Windu hilt that will crash your game because the texture isn't sized correctly.

His Obi-Wan hilts are also very good.
 Darkkender
03-02-2007, 11:50 PM
I can't wait to play through with this added.
 MetalMark
03-03-2007, 10:42 AM
I actaully wanted too wait for TSLRP to re-install TSL but with this mod out I will do it sooner.
 Vegard Aune
03-03-2007, 3:04 PM
Good mod, but there is one thing that bothers me: In the council chambers, you can actually walk THROUGH the chairs and pillar. I know that you can't edit walkmeshes, but isn't it possible to put some invisible placeables in the chairs and pillar so they don't just seem like overly-realistic holograms?
 deathdisco
03-03-2007, 4:55 PM
Actually, invisible placeables wouldn't stop you from walking through it.
 Quatra
03-03-2007, 10:52 PM
okay, i just finish Telos and i want to go to coruscant. I click on it, the Ebon Hawk is in hyperspace then i am in the Hawk again. I want to get out and it says that i cannot leave the ship in transit. I tried to join the jedi temple after i land on another planet and it keeps put me to the same planet.
I can't join the jedi temple.
The only mod i have is the Final Touch of Oldflash.
 deathdisco
03-04-2007, 9:10 AM
Have you tried a different save game? You can also try to warp there if you have cheats enabled. At the console type: warp 954cor

If nothing else, could you post the contents of the installlog.rtf file. It's created when you run the installer and will be located in the same directory as the installer. That might help narrow it down.
 Quatra
03-04-2007, 1:51 PM
it works when i use the cheat. Do you know the command to warp to the ebon hawk? just in case i can't enter it while i am in Coruscant
 deathdisco
03-04-2007, 11:53 PM
You shouldn't have a problem getting back into the Ebon Hawk but just in case:
warp 003ebo
 Quatra
03-05-2007, 1:12 AM
I had no problem getting into the Ebon Hawk but i am wondering why i couldn't go to the planet normally... btw... good job :)
 Anach
03-05-2007, 1:25 AM
I like the ideas of the mini quests within this world, but Its a little heavy on the cheat side with the sheer amount of items available and the high level 'end-game' force powers granted.

Other than that its great.
 deathdisco
03-05-2007, 2:37 AM
I had no problem getting into the Ebon Hawk but i am wondering why i couldn't go to the planet normally... btw... good job :)

Could be something went wrong upon installation. :giveup:

I like the ideas of the mini quests within this world, but Its a little heavy on the cheat side with the sheer amount of items available and the high level 'end-game' force powers granted.

Other than that its great.

I wanted to make items available that you might not normally get in a regular play through. I figured the Jedi Temple would be a storehouse of good Jedi related items. The Force power you might not get on every play through. There is a prerequisite required to get it so it depends on how you like to build your characters.
 Skittlez
03-05-2007, 6:20 AM
I love it!!

Kudo's to Disco!!!!

Any other secret mod's in the work's?
 logan essex
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
great mod!
what's next?
 TLM20
03-11-2007, 9:24 PM
Simply THE best mod for TSL that I've ever downloaded. Splendid stuff
 Darth_Eradycus
03-13-2007, 9:54 PM
I'm Having the same problem as Quatra. the only 2 files that didn't go thru are k_sup_galaxymap.ncs and a .2da file. i tried to reinstall it, but it still won't work. Would the holowan plug-in, recruitable dustil, or imperial knights mods conflict?
Edit: Warping works, and i have to say that this mod is excellent and your hard work is very appreciated.
 deathdisco
03-14-2007, 1:10 AM
I'm Having the same problem as Quatra. the only 2 files that didn't go thru are k_sup_galaxymap.ncs and a .2da file. i tried to reinstall it, but it still won't work. Would the holowan plug-in, recruitable dustil, or imperial knights mods conflict?
Edit: Warping works, and i have to say that this mod is excellent and your hard work is very appreciated.

It's the Holowan Plugin, specifically The Handmaiden Choice Mod. Could you test a patch for me? In your override folder back up k_sup_galaxymap.ncs(re-name it). Download this file HCMPatch.zip (http://home.comcast.net/~deathdisco/files/HCMPatch.zip) and unzip the new k_sup_galaxymap.ncs to your override folder and let me know if that works.
TIA
 Darth_Eradycus
03-14-2007, 11:55 AM
DeathDisco: Thanks for the patch, it works perfectly! Happy days!!
 CSI
03-14-2007, 9:20 PM
Oh yes...Nice
 Darth Seraph
03-15-2007, 5:31 PM
im using and i loved !! but i want to ask 1 thing : why cant i add the itens from your mod using KSE ???
 deathdisco
03-16-2007, 8:50 AM
The items aren't in the override folder. They reside within the module(952cor). They would have to be extracted and placed in the override folder before you could use KSE to add them to your inventory.
 Prime
03-23-2007, 1:39 PM
What is the way to open up the .mod file? Kotor Tool? I think my KT is out of date. :) I wouldn't mind playing around with the files for my own use...
 stoffe
03-23-2007, 1:59 PM
What is the way to open up the .mod file? Kotor Tool? I think my KT is out of date. :) I wouldn't mind playing around with the files for my own use...

You can open MOD files and extract the content with KotorTool if it's placed in the Modules folder (it will show up in KotorTool's treeview), or with any ERF editor that's compatible with the ERF format used by the KOTOR games.
 deathdisco
03-24-2007, 12:00 AM
In KT you'll find them under: ERFs->Modules
 Prime
03-24-2007, 1:57 PM
Coolio. :)
 Prime
03-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Another question: how did you brighten the 954cor landing pad module from what it was? Where are those parameters located?
 Darth InSidious
03-27-2007, 8:24 AM
I can't speak for deathdisco, but I'd imagine by first changing the DynAmbientColor and Sun/Moon fog settings in the .ARE, and then by extracting the lightmaps for the original area (301NAR, unless I'm mistaken) using KT, editing them using PSP/The Gimp/etc, saving them with an alternative name, (say, 954COR_lm0, instead of 301NAR_lm0), and then HEX-editing the entries in the room model.

For more info, I suggest checking out the Module Reskinning Tutorial @Holowan :)
 deathdisco
03-27-2007, 8:45 AM
I brightened up the lightmap textures like DarthInsidous posted in his tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175095).
I also posted how I edited the skybox in that thread.
 Denny33142
03-29-2007, 5:39 PM
What level do you have to be to access the Sith Holocron? im @ level 22 (level 7 sith marauder) but i still cant access the holocron it says to come back when im stronger
 deathdisco
03-30-2007, 12:02 AM
What level do you have to be to access the Sith Holocron? im @ level 22 (level 7 sith marauder) but i still cant access the holocron it says to come back when im stronger
It's an attribute check:
Your Wisdom needs to be at least 18.
 Srob89
03-31-2007, 7:03 PM
I am having issues with this mod. I went to the Temple and decided(before finishing everything) to come back later. So, I tried getting to the Ebon Hawk and my screen freezes at about 95% of the way loaded. Then I loaded my save game---and tried getting back to the Temple----and it freezes.
 Darth Balor
03-31-2007, 8:09 PM
Restart the pc when ever you have loading issues.
 Srob89
03-31-2007, 8:23 PM
Okay, I restarted my computer and still can't get back to Jedi Temple--I am in the ebon hawk tho.

I will try to explain best as possible. I am in the ebon hawk trying to get to Coruscant. It "auto-saves"(which I have turned off) upon leaving the Ebon Hawk. About 35% of the way through saving---it freezes and does not save complete or load or anything. I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get out of it.
 deathdisco
04-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Could be the save game is corrupt. Do you have a different save you can test with? Can you warp there?
ie: "warp 954cor"
Page: 1 of 4