Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[PC] Jade Empire General Discussion

Page: 2 of 2
 Ghost Down
03-08-2007, 8:53 AM
Succes!!!

I added a new fighting style to the game! The Monkey Paw style!
It works perfect! Just like all the other styles.

- Ghost Down
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-09-2007, 9:46 PM
I should stoping looking on this thread... Didnt got my copy yet... :(
 Darth333
03-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I should stoping looking on this thread... Didnt got my copy yet... :(
I added a no poislers tag to the thread title. If people want to start discussing the storyline, they can start another thread :)

Now that we have a forum to discuss video games, there is no point in keeping it all in one thread and ending with monster threads like the nwn2 and the Oblivion ones :)
 Vaelastraz
03-11-2007, 1:12 PM
Now after installing XP 3 times to get it to work, downloading a few 100MB to get dirextx 9.0c to work, Jade Empire WORKS!

And it's a great game, I just love the style of the game. The combat is quite cool too, a very good example that real time combat works well in story driven RPGs.
But the china - mystic flair is by far the best thing in Jade empire. Bioware ftw.
 oldflash
03-12-2007, 5:46 AM
Succes!!!

I added a new fighting style to the game! The Monkey Paw style!
It works perfect! Just like all the other styles.

- Ghost Down
This is nice. I got that style and rhyno style, crescend double swords, the eye of the dragon double swords, emeperor staff and dual hammers as reward. :redbounc:
 PazaakPrincess
03-12-2007, 8:06 AM
Well since we've been discussing it I purchased it on Amazon (the new edition) pretty cheap too. So now I'm all excited about it again.
 SpaceAlex
03-12-2007, 5:28 PM
Yeah, I finished it in 12 hours. But then again. I found the fighting to be really easy.

Darn, man. I'm somewhere in the middle of Chapter 3, and according to my latest savegame, i've been playing for 21 hours already. :smash:

And i found the fighting to be easy aswell (at master difficutly).
 RedHawke
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
I have finally picked the game up... now to just pull myself from DDO to play around with it. :(
 Emperor Devon
03-12-2007, 11:17 PM
It was a very bad time for me to have gotten into NWN 2. I heard you on that, RH. :p

Still waiting for mine to arrive...
 PazaakPrincess
03-13-2007, 9:16 AM
You can do it RedHawke ;) I love your mods
 The Sith'ari
03-14-2007, 5:09 PM
I do have a xbox but I've been holding back for the pc version, just for the mods. Really lookin forward to the mods.
 Vaelastraz
03-18-2007, 1:38 PM
Now I've finally played through the game! The boss fight was a bit easy, but what a great game!

Is it just me though, or wasn't the big relevation not that unpredictable? I had a feeling things would turn out that way.
 Bee Hoon
08-31-2007, 11:59 PM
So, I've finally played Jade Empire. *lag*

Sky and Radiant Jen Zi, YES!!:D

I must admit, the speed of things after Chapter 3 took me by surprise. When I was browsing, I was pretty shocked that people could finish it in 26 hours on average. Once I hit Chapter 4, could see the reason though.

I tinkered with the 2da to alter Dawn Star to use Wu the Lotus Blossom's model. Looks very much better that way:P

It was a great game though!:) Ancient mystical China, huzzah!
 Pavlos
09-01-2007, 8:08 AM
I was pretty shocked that people could finish it in 26 hours on average. Once I hit Chapter 4, could see the reason though.

This is pretty odd. I've heard many people talk about the game's length and either I was abnormally slow/terrible at combat (I liked jumping over their heads and dodging a lot) or the game really is ~39 hours long and everyone else is doing it wrong :xp:.
 stoffe
09-01-2007, 12:07 PM
This is pretty odd. I've heard many people talk about the game's length and either I was abnormally slow/terrible at combat (I liked jumping over their heads and dodging a lot) or the game really is ~39 hours long and everyone else is doing it wrong :xp:.

My first playthrough took roughly 42 hours and the second took 40, so if you're playing slowly you're not alone at least. :) I usually tend to roam around a lot an explore all areas of a game enjoying the visuals and looking for every side quest I can find. I sometimes also reload certain scenes to see what different outcomes you can get depending on your choices. I guess that could slow the playing down a bit. :)
 Gargoyle King
09-01-2007, 7:01 PM
I'm getting a Dell XPS laptop with Vista on it (almost enough saved, :D ). Will JE run on it, or like Kotor will it have some snags and irritating problems that will need to be dealt with before running smoothly?
 Bee Hoon
09-02-2007, 5:05 AM
I found battles in Master mode pretty ok, with decent amounts of dodging for the heck of it:p Except the crazy battle in the arena's Gold division, when they throw everyone at you for the heck of it. I didn't have a levelled up weapons style to use on the elephant demon at the time, meh.

I'm regretting not seeing what the response to "A rendezvous with the Princess? How scandalous!" Maybe on my next play through:p Two Rivers, and parts of the Imperial City are really pretty!:)
 JoeDoe 2.0
09-02-2007, 6:53 AM
For the demon, use your strongest weapon powered with Chi and Focus mode, the rest of the enemies are simple enough to defeat. I wish the Phoenix style was usable.
 Bee Hoon
09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Phoenix style? What's that?:P Sounds cool though! Yeah, I managed to get through it and spent my subsequent level skill points on Crimson Tears. I love that style! Plus Jen Zi and Sky look cute wielding dual sabers together:p
 stoffe
09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Phoenix style? What's that?:P Sounds cool though!

It's the "style" the ninja-like opponent in the arena uses when you've nearly defeated her. She bangs her fist in the ground producing several clones of herself in a circle around the arena who you have to defeat as well. :)
 Bee Hoon
09-03-2007, 9:30 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about that one:P I just goggled when they did that. And then started regretting not levelling up Dire Flame enough immediately, heh.

What I regret about my first playthrough was all the points tossed into styles that I hardly used... Sigh.
Page: 2 of 2