Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

wii mi

Page: 1 of 1
 intellix
02-19-2007, 1:02 PM
hi, i decided to post this thread because i recently bought a wii, and realized the wii system would be the perfect platform for a new wave of lucasarts point and click games,, i was never a big fan of the grim fandago/emi style of game play, just wondering what anyone else thinks about that.
 Joshi
02-20-2007, 3:59 AM
It'd be interesting... not sure if it'd be good though. The wii system is meant to be for such games that evoke actions and movements, they work better with instinct than any kind of higher brain function, point n click games, on the other hand, tend to require a lot more thinking. I really can't see the appeal of sitting down and thinking about a puzzle and then when you feel like trying something, standing up and waving a little stick to get things working.
 Ray Jones
02-20-2007, 5:40 AM
I can remember Guybrush was kinda waving a bone in the second game, doesn't that count as stick?
 Joshi
02-20-2007, 5:43 AM
No, I mean us at the player would have no reason to wave a stick around to play a point n click game. They were hard enough to play on the Playstation (and I had tried once), it's much easier with a PC and a mouse.

Now a pirate game where you have to use a sword to fight people, that would be completely different and probably quite fun if executed correctly on the wii.
 Ray Jones
02-20-2007, 6:21 AM
Wii-nsult sword fightin' ba-bey!!! Eyfteywey!!

Or you could like use the stick as pointer and stuff..
 Joshi
02-20-2007, 6:38 AM
More arm movement than is actually needed and less precise than a mouse, again when you're in the mindset of an adventure gamer trying to solve puzzles, you really don't want the added annoyance of a wii stick.
 intellix
02-25-2007, 1:50 PM
i was sort of thinking of having it just as the pointer, like i said it would be much better than the way EMI worked on the playstation2, and the pointer is just as sensitive as a mouse, it's really the closest thing a console has had to a mouse, except actual mouses (or is it mice?). First person shooters work well on PC with a mouse, and i have found FPSs on the wii are just as easy to use once you get the hang of them, if not more intuative, but i guess puzzles that use the wii-mote could be devised aswell, sword fighting could work, perhaps you could have insult rounds and actual sword fighting, whether you get the insults right or wrong could give advantages or handicaps in the actual fight. there could be sailing sections like in CMI where the wii-mote is the wheel or other mini-game type puzzles that require certain movements of the wii-mote. and im not suggesting that new point and click games only be on wii, of course lucasarts would make pc versions for the hard core adventurers pehaps.
Page: 1 of 1