Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Module Editor Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Miltiades
02-19-2007, 7:11 AM
I can only open a module (which is of course supported by KT) if the name of the .GIT file and the .ARE file are the same as the original module. But if I want to make my own module, I have to change the .GIT and .ARE files to something unique. So, if the module is opened in the Module Editor, it can only be made into a .mod file with the original .Git and .Are names. Does that make sense?

As an example: I want to make my own module based on 151HAR. I want to name my own module into, say, 450KAR. I rename the .GIT and .ARE files into 450KAR, not forgetting to change the .IFO file so it says 450Kar etc. Now I open the module with the Module Editor. But it says it doesn't work, the map isn't supported and all... I change the .GIT and .ARE file back into 151HAR and now it opens. After editing the module, I build it into a .mod, put it into the modules folder. But it doesn't open in Kotor2.

So I try to just save the progress I made in the Module Editor, and then change the .GIT and .ARE files back to 450KAR. Now the module loads, but everything I changed with the Module Editor can't be seen.
 deathdisco
02-20-2007, 9:00 AM
not forgetting to change the .IFO file so it says 450Kar etc.
Do you mean you re-named module.ifo or changed the reference within module.ifo? This file should not be re-named. There is no way to edit using the module editor without using the original names of the .git & .are. You have re-name them before building the .mod file. Also the module editor tends to currupt the .git file. After you make your edits and save, open the .git with K-gff and re-save it. Check out this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2021727&postcount=4).

I've been doing this for the better part of two months. It's a bit tedious but it beats the heck out of editing modules manually.
 Miltiades
02-22-2007, 1:24 PM
Yes, thanks, that helped!
Page: 1 of 1