Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor tool for mac?

Page: 1 of 1
 HdVaderII
02-13-2007, 6:07 PM
will the kotor 1 tool work for a macintosh? do i need anything special to run it?

Mod note: Moved thread from Holowan to KotorTool forum, since it's directly about KotorTool. :) ~M
 Rasmoroth
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
your gonna need Virtual PC, Kotor Tool for PC, a copy of Windows Vista and, sadly, a PC copy of the kotor game. Thats the only way i can rig it to work on my ocmputer, but i dont have the game yet
 stoffe
02-14-2007, 6:32 AM
Unless they've changed the format of the data files in the mac-version for some unfathomable reason it should be enough to have the mac-version of the game, since KotorTool doesn't need the game executable in order to load the data files. You may have to set some paths manually to where the game is, since you'll be missing the relevant Registry keys.

If you have an intel-based Mac you should also be able to install and run Windows directly on it without needing Virtual PC. Windows XP should be enough if you download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 on it.

Either way it's going to take some effort to get it running. I don't think you can run KotorTool on a mac without running it through Windows. If I remember correctly there is a 3rd party .NET Framework implementation for Mac OS X, but last I heard it wasn't complete, and it would only work if the application was written entirely in managed (platform-independent) code, which I'm not sure KotorTool is.
 HdVaderII
02-14-2007, 7:03 AM
thanks for the info
Page: 1 of 1