Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP]The Redemption of Yuthura Ban

Page: 2 of 2
 jimbo32
04-11-2010, 11:21 PM
It's back from the depths of vapor-mods. ;)

I just finished a playthrough with a clean install, and I *think* I've gotten most of the kinks worked out of the TSLPatcher setup. I'm about to go through again with a full-ish override, so we'll see how it goes.

If anyone's up for a bit of playtesting, please PM me. I wouldn't mind a few testers just to make sure everything's as clean as I can get it before making it available for download.
 Sith Holocron
04-21-2010, 2:38 PM
Will it be compatible with Silveredge9's "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" mod? What other mods will yours play nice with?
 jimbo32
04-21-2010, 8:41 PM
I've never played Brotherhood of Shadow, but I imagine it'll be fine. The only mods that it won't be compatible with would be other recruit mods which replace Juhani.

There is added dialogue, but it's all conditional and I'm using TSLPatcher to modify the module rim files rather than having the dialogue files in Override.
 Sith Holocron
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM
I've never played Brotherhood of Shadow, but I imagine it'll be fine. The only mods that it won't be compatible with would be other recruit mods which replace Juhani..

As BOS: Solomon's Revenge apparently only replaces Bastila, I thought there might be a good chance they'd compatible. Glad to hear it that you belive they are. (Hopefully, one of your testers will play using both mods and confirm that.)

There is added dialogue, but it's all conditional and I'm using TSLPatcher to modify the module rim files rather than having the dialogue files in Override.

I wonder if the new dialogue might be voiced. If so, would you be having your voice actor redo all of the original Yuthura Ban lines as well so there's only one voice actor performing the dialogue? I'm sure there would be a number of performers on the voice actor boards that would relish the opportunity to put their stamp on this Star Wars EU character.

It seems fortuitous that your mod has come back on the scene. I wonder if you were considering pooling your resources with Disbeliever and his Sleheyron Planet mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=201053). Seeing as Yuthura Ban's backstory concerned her escape from slavery - and her deep-seated need to end it quickly turned her to the dark side in the first place - it makes perfect sense for Yuthura to have some major part in this mod.
 redrob41
04-22-2010, 1:16 PM
your skins look pretty good. They seem kinda familiar to me, but I know that there have been several Yuthura mods that use similar skin colour. I guess lots of modders like to replace her dead grey Sith skin with yellow.
 jimbo32
04-22-2010, 7:48 PM
Yeah, I've recently seen at least one mod where Yuthura's re-skin seems pretty much *exactly* the same as mine. It's annoying, but what can you do? As far as I know, it was unique when I started the mod in 07. (Very nice work on the combat uniforms skins by the way)

@Sith Holocron:
I'm afraid I'm not ambitious enough to do a re-work of all the VO. My goal was to make a mod without all the annoying parts which are the status quo for "quicky" recruits - new characters speaking in the voices of original party members, etc. I've managed to get rid of most of the immersion-ruining stuff, so I'm satisfied for now. I haven't added a huge amount of dialogue - most of it is during the actual recruiting - so I'm mostly content with having it subtitle-only. I managed to re-use a bit of her existing dialogue for when you speak to her post-recruit though.
 juansaman
05-02-2010, 9:57 AM
It seems fortuitous that your mod has come back on the scene. I wonder if you were considering pooling your resources with Disbeliever and his Sleheyron Planet mod. Seeing as Yuthura Ban's backstory concerned her escape from slavery - and her deep-seated need to end it quickly turned her to the dark side in the first place - it makes perfect sense for Yuthura to have some major part in this mod.

I see Yuthura Ban has a lot of her past and traumas from Sleheyron, but having this mod being the Redemption of Yuthura, it won't make much sense having her comming back to her nightmares. She has just left the head of the Sith Academy and returned to the Jedi.
I don't think she would need to face such a big and emotionally important challenge, when she is in need of a lot of balance to stay on the Light Side, if it's what she is looking for in this mod. Look at Darth Yuthura's fanfic for example, there you find Yuthura trying to come back to the Jedi, and she only returns to Sleheyron as a final resource, in a story quite well exposed.

So, I think Yuthura should be unavailable when the Ebon Hawk travels to Sleheyron, just like Bastila can't be used at Korriban. I know it's not epic, but I think is what would make sense.

Anyway, we'll see about that once this mod has been released, and once the production of Sleheyron mod has advanced further. I would love to have some room for an interesting character as Yuthura in Sleheyron project, so maybe we could add some things depending on Yuthura's presence without having to make Jimbo32 change/update his work.
 jimbo32
05-08-2010, 3:48 PM
All done, and with some extra playtesting and glitch-catching thanks to centenar (http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=165666). It's "pending" at KotorFiles, so I'll post a thread in the Emporium as soon as it's up. :)
 Totenkopf
05-08-2010, 4:42 PM
Ah, good. A new mod for when I eventually go back and revisit Kotor. YB was Kotor's Boba Fett......a minor charachter that still managed to stand out for a lot of players.
Page: 2 of 2