Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

changing the clothes of the characters at the character selection screen

Page: 1 of 1
 n1gamer
02-10-2007, 4:55 PM
Hi
Is there a way to change the pc characters clothes at the character selection screen for kotor tsl eg: (pc character could look like a jedi wearing a jedi robe). The reason i am asking is i want to be able to start the game with a different set of clothes the the normal ones (jedi robes would be nice).

Thanks for listening
n1gamer
 Rasmoroth
02-10-2007, 5:51 PM
its possible. There's plenty of those mods for K1, pretty sure it can be done.
 jimbo32
02-11-2007, 3:35 PM
Yep, it can be done. You only need to modify one file - appearance.2da.

1. Extract it to a convenient place using Kotor Tool.
2. Find the entries for the PC (they start with P_Fem for females, and P_Mal for males)
3. The columns you need to change are "modelb" and "texb". Notice that for PC's they are all set to N_CommF (for females) and N_CommM (for males).
4. You'll need to change these entries to N_JediCounF (for female PC's) or N_JediCounM (for male PC's). I believe that the N_JediMem (F & M) models and skins are also in TSL although they are unused. You could try those as well.
5. Save your modded appearance.2da and then drop it into override.
6. There are three variations on the skins, so if you use KSE to give yourself clothing variant 2 and 3, you'll have a different look for each.
Good Luck!

On a side note, IMO it was pretty shoddy work by the folks at OE to give the PC default commoner clothing. Most of the major NPC's got unique clothes. I'm assuming it was a time issue (like most stuff left out of TSL), but personally I would have been more than happy to give up G0-T0 to get some cool threads.
 n1gamer
02-11-2007, 5:15 PM
Yep, it can be done. You only need to modify one file - appearance.2da.

1. Extract it to a convenient place using Kotor Tool.
2. Find the entries for the PC (they start with P_Fem for females, and P_Mal for males)
3. The columns you need to change are "modelb" and "texb". Notice that for PC's they are all set to N_CommF (for females) and N_CommM (for males).
4. You'll need to change these entries to N_JediCounF (for female PC's) or N_JediCounM (for male PC's). I believe that the N_JediMem (F & M) models and skins are also in TSL although they are unused. You could try those as well.
5. Save your modded appearance.2da and then drop it into override.
6. There are three variations on the skins, so if you use KSE to give yourself clothing variant 2 and 3, you'll have a different look for each.
Good Luck!

On a side note, IMO it was pretty shoddy work by the folks at OE to give the PC default commoner clothing. Most of the major NPC's got unique clothes. I'm assuming it was a time issue (like most stuff left out of TSL), but personally I would have been more than happy to give up G0-T0 to get some cool threads.

Thanks to both of you for the help it works like a charm.
Thanks again.
 knightmare66
02-11-2007, 6:08 PM
Be aware that the N_JediMemF and N_JediMemM models have the same issues with the rear strips hanging off them as with Darth Revan's cape. This is probably why they were never used ingame in K1, except for making a very brief appearance in the ANH-style award scene at the end.
Page: 1 of 1