Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Windows Vista: Superfetch & Readyboost analyzed

Page: 1 of 1
 Astrotoy7
02-08-2007, 1:07 PM
Those of you pondering vista may have heard of this feature. It's quite an interesting concept, and some poking around by people like Tom's Hardware have revealed suprising results.

Basically, these features are designed to use a good ole USB key to help out your system RAM. It seems particularly helpful when you have <1gb RAM on your system, and you are using a 1gb USB key for example...

though its probably not something I'd use myself, might be interesting to check out for those with lower specs thinking about a vista plunge -

check out the detailed article at Toms HERE (http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/31/windows-vista-superfetch-and-readyboostanalyzed/page3.html)

mtfbwya
 Q
02-10-2007, 1:23 PM
Looks handy. With all of the uber-cheap USB thumb drives out there, I have a feeling that this thoughtful feature is going to be used a lot.
Page: 1 of 1