Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts - On the DS (no, NOT the game, Psychonaut STUFF NOT THE GAME)

Page: 1 of 1
 Byakko
02-06-2007, 4:43 AM
I repeat, I'm NOT talking about the game...

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone's up to the task of creating Moonshell Psychonauts skin for the DS Lite.

Oh, and Moonshell's an application that runs on third-party flashcarts built for the DS that allow homebrewed games and applications to run on it. Basically turning the DS into a PDA =)

Anyway, just wondering if anyone's up to it ^^ If you need, I can send the dummy files and size specs; I'm thinking of making some myself!

Also, I'm going to downsize/convert a ton of the cutscenes and images into thumbnails and playable movies, so I can take Psychonauts on the go ^^
 KingCheez
02-06-2007, 8:35 AM
I can do it, but I need the template file things
 Poopdogjr
02-06-2007, 7:50 PM
OMMGSS Psychonauts Iz comin' to da Ds!? I r so excitded!

-Sorry, I just felt I had to do that.
 martmeister
02-11-2007, 8:14 AM
Sounds neat, but I have no knowlegde of this kind of thing. The Big Q is: will the DS (sheesh, feel like I'm talking about KOTOR) be able to run Psychonauts?
 Smon
02-11-2007, 8:44 AM
No.

To make things clear:

THIS WILL NOT PLAY PSYCHONAUTS IT WILL MAKE YOUR DS HAVE PSYCHONAUTS THEMES AND VIDEOS ONLY.

*straightens tie and leaves*
 Byakko
02-11-2007, 8:56 AM
Yes, I repeated myself too!

Anyway, KingCheez, how do you want me to send you the dummy/template files?

And the only POSSIBLE way that Psychonauts in a game-form is ever on the DS...is if its a homebrew game =)

And possibly, it'll be best if it was 2D...
 Byakko
02-15-2007, 6:38 AM
Just a note, I've managed to convert one of the Psychonauts movie file into .dpg format, so now I'm watching it on my DS ^^

I'm experimenting with the quality right now. My biggest peeve is how bogged down the video gets if I try convert with Stereo audio quality...

Right now though, it runs pretty well with Mono, although the framerate is a little low.

PS: I still don't know how to send you the dummy files/templates!

Best idea I think is for you to d/l the entire Moonshell program. It'll contain all the readmes and the dummy files you'll need. I think it'll be easier since you can actually see what you're doing along with the .ini file.

Go here: http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/2007/01/moonshell_ver16_top.shtml)

It's the link that says: Version1.6のダウンロード (Download version 1.6)
Page: 1 of 1