Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding a weapon

Page: 1 of 1
 Phantasmgrl91
02-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm fairly new to this, I have been using kotor tool for probably a week or so now, I have successfully modded several characters in kotor 1, but I wanted to make carths blaster instead of like a 2-9 or whatever it is like a 3-12 or something, i have found his blaster in the blueprint item part but I dont see where to change the damage it does help please, thanks

Trish
 Sinapus
02-03-2007, 11:12 PM
On the properties tab, there should be some settings giving various bonuses to the weapon. One of them is a damage bonus, it should be the third one down, the one that has "n/a" in the Upgrade column. You can change that to something like 2 or 1d4 and you'll get something close to that. (3-10 for bonus 2, or 2-12 for bonus 1d4.)

The base item for Carth's blaster is a standard blaster pistol, which does 1-8 energy damage. Carth's blaster gives a bonus of 1 energy damage w/o any upgrades, changing it's base damage to 2-9 energy.
 RedHawke
02-04-2007, 2:33 AM
I wanted to make carths blaster instead of like a 2-9 or whatever it is like a 3-12 or something, i have found his blaster in the blueprint item part but I dont see where to change the damage it does help please
The weapons base damage is controlled by the baseitems.2da file... but I don't suggest you alter that as it would change all the blasters of the same type as Carth's. ;)

You can add properties that will add to the damage the weapon does as Sinapus states above. Just edit Carth's Blaster uti template as you see fit an drop it into override.

Note: You will only see the changes you made by starting a save game from before Carth joins the party or cheating a new one in to the game with the 'giveitem' cheat code.

I hope this helps! :D
 Phantasmgrl91
02-04-2007, 5:10 AM
thanks
Page: 1 of 1