Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

One side but not the other

Page: 1 of 1
 Jolly Boots
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Just a quick question. I know this involves UV mapping and a bunch of modeling tricks.

I want to create a new texture for Handmaidens DS transition. I want her face to be non symmetrical. Or I don't want her face to mirror onto the other side of the model. I want both sides to be unique. Is this possible? I've searched but could never really get a straight answer. I've read the tutorials but they exactly say how to not make it symmetrical.
 T7nowhere
01-27-2007, 12:34 AM
Nope, not possible.

Well Maybe it would be if each side of the face is separate in the uvw map. If it is then you could use taina's model replacer to make the modifications to the binary model file from your edited ascii.mdl that you would have exported from max/gmax.

The reason this would not be possible is if you needed to detach any vertices in the the uvwmap, taina's replacer can't handle that. you can only use it to move vertices around. You should be able to download the replacer app from pcgamemods.com.
Page: 1 of 1