Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating GC scenarios - need help

Page: 1 of 1
 YertyL
01-15-2007, 2:34 PM
I have recently begun trying to add a new GC map ("15 BBY") to the already existing ones (FOC), however I have only managed to edit "Equal Footings" and fail to add my map as a new one (I'd like to keep the original ones).
The only truly helpful site I've found is http://jedicourier.tripod.com/strategiesabound/), however I'd like the GC map to be playable with normal FOC and without the need to launch a seperate ".exe" file.

Does anyone know how to add new GC maps?

PS: I also have some problems with the home locations (where it's supposed to spawn heroes). ATM the heroes on my map are spawned on different planets than marked as home_location

PPS: Adding Mara and Kyle to the map would be great as well, does anyone know if and how this is possible?
 YertyL
01-15-2007, 3:34 PM
OK, after searching through the petroglyph forums I found a partial answer to my first question: http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1735)

Open up Campaigns_Underworld_GC.xml and search for "Heart of the Maw," which is the smallest one to start with. Copy all three campaigns (one for each playable faction) to another XML file and add its name into CampaignFiles.xml. Then just add and remove things as you see fit until you're satisfied with it. You'll probably want to copy and rename the files referenced by <Rebel/Empire/Underworld_Story_Name>, as they (well, their <Active_Plot> files) control the campaign intro text and hero spawns.

However I sitll don't know how to add a custom description/name - and how to open the mastertext.dat file.
PS and PPS also remain... :(
 YertyL
01-20-2007, 3:19 AM
OK, I've figured out PS and PPS (modding the spawning of heroes) as well:
In the *insert campaign name here*.xml file you'll find the file the campaign uses to spawn heroes (e.g. "Story_Plots_Empire_AI_Heroes_EXP"). This file references to another file (e.g. "Story_Empire_AI_heroes_EXP.xml"); you can edit both the reference and the referenced file (in my case, I modded the scenario to use "Story_Plots_Empire_AI_heroes__15BBY.xml" and modded this file to reference to "Story_Empire_AI_heroes_15BBY.xml").
In the referenced file (e.g. "Story_Empire_AI_heroes_EXP.xml") you can change spawning location and spawning condition of heroes as well as adding new ones (e.g. I've added Kyle by adding the lines
<!-- Spawn Starting Heroes -->

<Event Name="Spawn Kyle">
<Event_Type>STORY_TRIGGER</Event_Type>
<Reward_Type>SPAWN_HERO</Reward_Type>
<Reward_Param1>Katarn_Team</Reward_Param1>
<Reward_Param2>Dantooine</Reward_Param2>
<Prereq>Universal_Story_Start</Prereq>
</Event>
 YertyL
01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
I've almost finished my map, however I still have one last problem:
After adding TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_22,
TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_DESCRIPTION_22
and TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_22_INTRO_E,TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SING LE_22_INTRO_E and TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_22_INTRO_E
to the mastertextfile.dat, the first 2 work fine (name and description of the map are what I want), however the intro text doesn't work (it's always the Uderworld one of "Equal Footing" (I think))
Does anyone know how to add custom intro texts for GC scenarios??
 Sidious Invader
02-01-2007, 2:38 AM
You need to look at the line in Campaigns_Underworld_gc.xml for your new campaign...
<Underworld_Story_Name>Story_Plots_Underworld_AI_Heroes.xml</Underworld_Story_Name> Either leave it blank for the human player, or create a new one.

In your new story plot.xml, point it to your new story.xml, place your heros. <Event Name="Universal_Story_Start">
<Event_Type>STORY_ELAPSED</Event_Type>
<Event_Param1>0</Event_Param1>
<Story_Dialog>Dialog_A_new_rebellion</Story_Dialog>
<Story_Chapter>0</Story_Chapter>
<Story_Tag>Intro_Tag</Story_Tag>
</Event>

Then create a new .txt file in data\scripts\story. Put this in there...

[CHAPTER 0]

TITLE TEXT_STORY_TRANSMISSION_17
# MOVIE Mon_Mothma_Loop

WAIT 500
SFX Button_Press
TEXTCOLOR 255 255 255 176
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_10A
TEXT TEXT_SPEECH_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_10A_INTRO_R
# DIALOG CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_10A_INTRO_R
NEWLINE 1
TEXTCOLOR 255 024 039 255
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_VICTORY_REBEL_00
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_VICTORY_REBEL_01
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_VICTORY_REBEL_02
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_VICTORY_REBEL_03
TEXT TEXT_CAMPAIGN_SINGLE_VICTORY_REBEL_04

WAIT 1000
SFX Button_Press
NEWLINE 2
EXTRA_TEXT

WAIT SPEECH

Notice how the story.xml points to this .txt dialog. This is rather brief, but should point you in the right direction.
 YertyL
02-02-2007, 1:19 PM
OMG someone actually posted ;)
And it worked! I'm experimenting ATM a bit with the balancing of the map, and I'll need to translate the texts into English and put it into the English Mastertextfile.dat, but I think you can expect the release of GC - 15 BBY in the near future :)
Page: 1 of 1