Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL Mandalore Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 soundman10f
01-05-2007, 6:08 PM
I am a new to modding the KOTOR games and need a point in the right direction with making a mod for Mandalore. I am tired of having to use the armor that came with him and want to be able to use othere armor types and also want to change his looks so that when he uses other armors you can see his face (using the Canderous model from the first KOTOR). Any one know the item code for his armor? and if modding that file will it let him where other armor or is that something to do with his file? Thanks for any help you can give.
 stoffe
01-05-2007, 6:20 PM
Any one know the item code for his armor? and if modding that file will it let him where other armor or is that something to do with his file? Thanks for any help you can give.

The item template for Candalore's armor is a_heavy_x01.uti. It's a fairly unremarkable armor in itself, and is not what causes him to be stuck with it.

His body inventory slot is locked for his appearance type. This is set in the appearance.2da file, where line 462 (containing Mandalore's appearance type) has the value 2 set in the equipslotslocked column. To make him able to wear any armor change the value in that column to **** instead.

This alone will just allow him to wear any armor though, he'll still look the same no matter what he wears.
 soundman10f
01-05-2007, 6:24 PM
ok thanks that will get me started on it.

I have about got this done but I was hoping there might be someone that is good with graphics that could help me make a helmet for Mandalore so you can have him in his full armor that he comes in or change it all to other armor and head gear. I just need a graphic file for his helmet as a item and I can do the rest. anyone willing to help will get credit for there work and I am gone post this mod some where for everyone to use. you can e-mail me or post here if your interested. thanks.
 HouseOfAmon
01-06-2007, 5:58 AM
Never mind, Ghost Down had a better way of doing this.. Just download a mod that has already done it.. lol...

Peace
 Ghost Down
01-06-2007, 6:10 AM
Tadaa! Here's your answer! (http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/TSL-MandaloreHelmetMod20.zip)

Screenshot (http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/TSL-LMandaloreHelmet02.jpg)

This mod removes the helmet on the Mandalore NPC.
Note: The screenshot IS a spoiler, so unless you have already figured out who Mandalore is, I suggest you don't use this mod.

New in version 2.0 is the ability to remove Mandalore's armor and place other armor's on him, all of which will look as they should on an NPC.

This was made by Shimaon

( To download click on ''Here's your answer!'' )

- Ghost Down
 HouseOfAmon
01-06-2007, 6:20 AM
Nice, good catch Ghost. Funny I never seen this mod before, and I have been through all the files pcgamemods, and kotor files.. I either over looked it, or it wasn't there, I might have to look for mods on the server you linked to.

Anyways..

Peace
 Ghost Down
01-06-2007, 6:24 AM
Yeah, I got this from Shimaon's mods for KOTOR I and II (http://www.gknetworks.net/kotor/)

- Ghost Down
 HouseOfAmon
01-06-2007, 6:28 AM
Cool, I will have to check the site out...

Too bad the mods not TSL Patcher ready yet, but, thats easy enough to fix.. :)

Anyways, thanks for the links.
 soundman10f
01-06-2007, 11:32 AM
cool i must have overlooked it too. never seen it before. thanks
 Ghost Down
01-06-2007, 12:25 PM
No problemo! :thumbsup:

- Ghost Down
Page: 1 of 1