Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EAX Error - Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

Page: 1 of 1
 Stever
12-29-2006, 4:13 PM
Greetings all,

I'm new to the forums, though I've been lurking for a while trying to find a solution to the problem I'm having. I've run several searches and manually paged through a ton of posts, so I apologize in advance if I've missed something obvious as it all started to blur together after awhile. I've also spent a ton of time Googling like crazy, finding no help. A few specs first...

SW:EAW v1.05.48808
WinXP XP2 (fully patched)
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+
2GB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum -- 5.12.0001.1196 drivers (Creative site says most current EAX and general drivers, though it's difficult to tell because various components have different driver versions - ugh!)
GeForce 7900GT/256 -- 6.14.9131 drivers
Plenty of HD space

Here's the deal...

It appears SW:EAW isn't recognizing my Audigy 2 ZS Platinum. I have the latest drivers installed and I have no problems at all using and selecting this audio card (and EAX 3) in any other application or game. When I go into the game options and try to select any of the EAX options, I get the following error message...

Failed to initialize the selected 3D audio technology
This technology is not supported by your current PC system specifications

...then it defaults to the "Miles 2D Positional" or whatever it is. Please understand that I am getting audio, and aside from this glitch the game has been quite playable all along (I'm nearing the end of the Rebel campaign, starting fresh after patching to 1.05), however I'd really like to get EAX working if at all possible.

When I run SYSCHECK.EXE, it doesn't even see the Audigy card at all, just the onboard nVidia audio, yet DXDIAG sees everything just fine and reports no errors. The contents of my SYSCHECK file are below. If you'd like to take a look at the DXDIAG report, go here: slinky (http://www.crider.com/downloads/dxdiag.txt)

EDIT for clarification: While SYSCHECK.EXE doesn't appear to see the Audigy card, that's where my SW:EAW game audio is piped through. I have my 5.1 speakers and headphones both plugged into the Audigy card and I'm getting sound.

Thanks in advance for whatever help and advice you folks can provide.

-Stever

LucasArts System Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Product

Name Star Wars: Empire at War

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Installation

Path e:\games\Star Wars Empire at War\LaunchEAW.exe

DirectX

Version 9.0c
d3dx9_27.dll Yes

Display devices

Device NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT
TnL Yes
Pixel shader 3.0
Vertex shader 3.0
Driver nv4_disp.dll
Version 6.14.10.9131
VendorId 4318
DeviceId 657
Memory 256.0 MB

Sound devices

Device NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
Driver nvapu.sys
Version 6.14.0465.0000

CPU

Device AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MM
Total 2
Speed 2410 MHz
MMX Yes
SSE Yes
SSE2 Yes
3DNow Yes

RAM

Total 2048 MB

Operating system

Name Windows XP
Version Service Pack 2

Drives

Name C:
Device WDC WD400JD-00HKA0
File system NTFS
Total 29996 MB
Available 17362 MB

Name D:
Device WDC WD400JD-00HKA0
File system NTFS
Total 8158 MB
Available 5051 MB

Name E: