Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Installation problem - Cannot get past the title screen!

Page: 1 of 1
 King_Stannis
12-26-2006, 4:26 PM
Okay, when I install the game everything seems to go fine. When I start the game, everything appears to be alright, too. The Lucas/Petroglyph logos look good. Until you get to the cockpit main menu screen. Then the sound starts to skip, the screen winks out for a second and then I get some funky shapes and colors below. I have the latest DirectX (9.0c), and I downloaded the latest drivers for my NVidia graphics card. The system test with the game showed that I have all the requirements (my computer is an eMachine T3256).

I tried to do one of those launch analysis reports, but when I try to do that (I am clicking on the EXE file of CD #1, that is in my CD-Rom drive), it is telling me that it can't get the report because it can't find the binkw32.dll file. When I do a search for that file, I do find it on my C drive in the gamedata folder I believe.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. I'm not too tech savvy, and an 8 year old kid is waiting on pins and needles for the game to be installed). :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/King_Stannis/empireatwarscreenshot.jpg)
 Desann01
12-26-2006, 10:21 PM
The game doesn't seem to agree with some peoples computers, I've never had a problem with EaW, but FoC is totally W@nky on mine.

Though that screen shot suggests a damaged disk.
Page: 1 of 1