Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help with RPG's

Page: 1 of 1
 Aurora Starfire
12-26-2006, 1:35 AM
Err... I feel kind of stupid posting this, since everyone here seems to know this stuff already, but I have to ask: What, exactly, is a roleplaying game and how do you do it? The only rpg's I have ever played are KotOR I and II, and obviously it's a little different than what this is. I love acting, especially Star Wars stuff, and want to participate (especially with the Duel of the Fates!) but do not know how to get started. A little help, please?
 Star Ghost
12-26-2006, 3:13 AM
In this case, RPG's are ussually stories which you can join by creating a character and making him/her interact with the other user's characters through text (Thus the caption "without those nifty 3d graphics" on the forum entry area) Also now people are starting to use recruitment and discussion threads alot where you create your character then after enough people have joined or whetever the creator starts another thread with the rpg and jumps strainght into the story.

For example, in Duel of the Fates. you have to fill out a character creation sheet to create your character.

If you want to create your own rpg then you have to create a small (or large if you want) background story for your RPG and possibly a character creation sheet (most rpg's have them).

Here is a basic charater sheet example:

Name:
Appearance: (Height, hair color, etc.)
Class: (Soldier, Jedi, etc.)
Alignment: (Dark, Light, None)
Faction: (Jedi Order, Republic, Sith, Mercenary, etc.)
Rank: (If you are a Jedi/Sith: Master, Apprentice, etc. , if you a re a soldier: General Captain etc.)
Ship: (optional)
Equipment: (armor, blasters, etc)
Bio: (background story of your character, optional)

For better ideas on how to do RPG's, read through one and see what people are doing. Remember also that people may take a few hours to a day to reply to anything.

Star Ghost

*EDIT* I almost forgot, usually there is a basic set of rules for rpg's:
No super characters
No killing of player's characters without permission
No controlling other player's characters
And sometimes:
No controlling important NPC's such as the "Emporer" or whatever faction leaders the rpg may have
No creating major plot changes
 starmark2k
12-26-2006, 8:05 AM
The Best way to learn is to just jump in, Find an RP you want to join and get involved, the majority of people here are nice kind people who'll help you along the way...
 Aurora Starfire
12-26-2006, 1:53 PM
Thanks, everyone! I guess I'll try it out!
 CSI
12-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Yeah, and why don't you start from our RP?
 Aurora Starfire
12-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Yeah, and why don't you start from our RP?
Which one do you mean?
Page: 1 of 1