Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm sure C3PO knows Obi Wan!

Page: 1 of 1
 Daft Adidas
12-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Hi, correct me if i'm wrong but in Star Wars there has been a mistake. In Episode 2 C3PO said to Anakin that R2D2 was saying there was a message from Obi Wan Kenobi and by the sounds of it, it was like 3PO didn't know Obi Wan which from Episdoe 1 he did. Then he certainly met him in Ep 3 and then again in Ep IV he still acts as if he don't know him! I hope u can help me out with this problem because it makes no sense at all! :r2d :3pdance:
 Pho3nix
12-19-2006, 1:20 PM
C-3PO and R2D2 had their memories wiped by request of Senator Bail Organa if I remember correctly.
So that should explain it.
 boinga1
12-19-2006, 1:56 PM
Technically, only 3PO did. Although I think it would have made more sense for both to have had their memories wiped.
 Daft Adidas
12-19-2006, 3:03 PM
hmm really it was only 3po as boinga said but my guess would be that Protocol droids don't have very good memories?
 coupes.
12-19-2006, 3:31 PM
It couldn't have been clearer in the movies... C3PO's memory problems don't have anything to do with the fact that he has good or bad memory, but everything to do with the fact that is was wiped out o_O
 Daft Adidas
12-19-2006, 3:39 PM
I'm sure ur right there coupes i guess it was Bail Organa who done it like Pho3nix said or was it somehow accidentally removed? Nah! Probably just Bail lol
 darth_dub
12-19-2006, 3:52 PM
yes it was Bail that ordered the wipe on C3PO. I always wondered why Darth Vader never tried to get him back though. He built him so you would think a power hungry sith would want his property back. :vadar:
 Daft Adidas
12-19-2006, 3:59 PM
lol thanx for telling me guys guess we beter close this thread ha?
 RC-1162
12-20-2006, 7:52 AM
@Darth_dub: would you want a pain in the a$$ like 3PO following you around if you were the dreaded menace of the galaxy? ;)
 The Source
12-28-2006, 10:02 PM
It couldn't have been clearer in the movies... C3PO's memory problems don't have anything to do with the fact that he has good or bad memory, but everything to do with the fact that is was wiped out o_O
Lol... Yeah. When you watch 'A New Hope', only R2D2 knows about Obi-Wan. What I got ticked about is how easy it was for Lucas to add one line at the end of Episode III, "Erase the protical droid's memory," - Senator Organa.
 McCusto
12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
"Captain Antilles, I'm putting these droids in your care. Clean them up, treat them well, and have the protocol droid's memory wiped"
 Johnpp
12-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Makes sense to me.
 Carlo El Sanchez
12-29-2006, 1:07 AM
Pho3nix is your avatar from Through a Scanner Darkly ?
 Diego Varen
12-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Horny Zalaabar, that question has nothing to do with this topic. On-topic, 3P0 has his memory wiped by Captain Antillies. R2 didn't have any memory wipe. Watch near the end of ROTS and you will see this.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-01-2007, 6:21 PM
Mmmm... I've readen a book that tells everything about this, I cant remember the name, though. 3PO was memory wiped (this isnt on the movies) cause, when they were boarding the Tantive IV, he suddenly states:

Oh, I can't wait to tell the princess all about her father and mother, she will be so proud!

Shut him up!
 The_Catto
01-17-2007, 8:35 AM
I'm not thinking would C-3PO would remember Obi-Wan, im just confused as to why Obi does not remember them (because that's what it seems to me). Was it just age getting to him, or too much Tatooine desert heat?

He technically says: "I don't remember ever owning a droid.", but surely he would remember 3PO AND R2? He just dosent seem to give off any suggestion that he does.

Wierd, i reckon.
 Daft Adidas
01-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I think he's was hiding it but he knew and oh try not revive therads, I should know.
 PoiuyWired
01-18-2007, 9:03 AM
I'm not thinking would C-3PO would remember Obi-Wan, im just confused as to why Obi does not remember them (because that's what it seems to me). Was it just age getting to him, or too much Tatooine desert heat?

He technically says: "I don't remember ever owning a droid.", but surely he would remember 3PO AND R2? He just dosent seem to give off any suggestion that he does.

Wierd, i reckon.

Well, Obi certainly did not own them! And R2 type droids all look similar from the outside anyways.

Don't know about the case of 33PO though. I suppose other similar ones do exist, but I think Obi is not telling luke... "this is the droid of your evil dad" is definitely not something Obi would like to tell Luke.
 BigMike322
09-29-2007, 9:54 AM
Hi, correct me if i'm wrong but in Star Wars there has been a mistake. In Episode 2 C3PO said to Anakin that R2D2 was saying there was a message from Obi Wan Kenobi and by the sounds of it, it was like 3PO didn't know Obi Wan which from Episdoe 1 he did. Then he certainly met him in Ep 3 and then again in Ep IV he still acts as if he don't know him! I hope u can help me out with this problem because it makes no sense at all! :r2d :3pdance:

My memory may be a little fuzzy because it has been a long time since I've seen Episode 1. However you are talking about 3P0 not knowing who Obiwan is in Episode 2. I don't think they ever met in episode 1. Obiwan stayed on the ship, it was Qui-Gon that went to Anakin's house.
 PoiuyWired
10-01-2007, 2:36 AM
Yes, and 3PO look quite different between Ep1 and Ep2.

Personally I think that when ObiWan is saying "I don't remember..." while inside he was thinking "Oh Shiii... OMFF... Shiii hits the fance this time..."

Well, He definitely knows R2, though most Astromechs look pretty much the same and ObiWan may not be sure. 3PO on the other hand have his memory wiped (against the laws of Organa's planetary government, basically a mind rape), though ObiWan would definitely remember such a golden droid, except for his newly acquired silver leg.
 Darth Xander
11-03-2007, 8:13 PM
silver leg?
 coupes.
11-04-2007, 12:43 AM
silver leg?
C3P0 has a silver [right] leg in the OT.

http://bigdaddyseashell.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/r2d2-c3po.jpg)
Page: 1 of 1