Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which 2da do I use?

Page: 1 of 1
 thegreatjoshini
12-19-2006, 6:34 AM
I have what are probably two very simple questions to answer. Which 2da should I modify for KotOR 1 if I want to give a soldier the special feats a scoundrel and scout get? The next is what 2da should I modify if I want to give a jedi guardian the special feats a sentinel and consular get?

Mod note: Moved thread to Holowan since it's a generic modding question and not something KotorTool specific. ~M
 Kitty Kitty
12-19-2006, 8:33 AM
This is probably in the wrong area, since neither question actually relates specifically to Kotor Tool... But if so, I'm sure it'll get moved eventually.

To answer your question however, the file "feat.2da" is all you need to change for both situations.

Now.. in that file, for every row (each row is a feat -though some are used for a few other things, just ignore those) you have a whole bunch of colums.

The ones you need to find are:
scd_list, scd_granted, scd_recom: Scoundrel
sct_list, sct_granted, sct_recom: Scout
sol_list, sol_granted, sol_recom: Soldier

jcn_list, jcn_granted, jcn_recom: Consular
jsn_list, jsn_granted, jsn_recom: Sentinel
jgd_list, jgd_granted, jgd_recom: Guardian

Now what these fields actually mean are:
X_list: The number here determines whether the class can gain the feat, as well as whether it is one you must pick or is one you get for free at some level.
* Putting a 0 (zero) or a 1 here seems to mean you can choose the feat at some point, and the last I knew (it's been a while) no one was certain what the difference between zero and 1 actually was.
* Putting a 3 here means you get the feat as a bonus freebie (see below).
* Putting a 4 here means you can not get this feat at all.

X_granted: This colum determines what level your "freebie" feats are gained, so if you put a 3 in the _list colum, you need to put the level here that you want to gain the feat at.

X_recom: This colum is for the "reccomend" button. It's the first level where the game will begin suggesting you take this feat basically. It's not mandatory, but you may as well include it for those you change.

So... what you'd want to do would be to sort the feat.2da file by sol_list in descending order (so the first several boxes are 4's, then 3's etc in that colum) and then look down row by row. If the scd_list or sct_list colum has anything OTHER than a 4, then you'd want to change the sol_list, sol_granted, and sol_recom boxes for that row to be identical to either sct or scd (whichever one you're copying).

This will make a soldier able to pick any feat either a scout or scoundrel can pick, as well as give them all free feats the other two get as well.

Remember that if you have a situation where sol_list was 4 and one of the others was a 3 and the other was a 1 or a 0, copy the one that was a 3 to get the feat free, and copy the one that was 1 or 0 to simply be able to choose the feat at some point by spending points on it.

Once you get down to where the sol_list colum starts showing 3's, you're done for soldier. Don't change the rest or you'll actually lose feats the soldier normally did get to begin with.

Next sort the 2da file by the jgd_list colum -again in reverse order so all the top rows show 4's. Repeat the above process, except this time you want to copy over values that aren't 4's which appear in the other two jedi classes (jsn_list and jcn_list).

Once you run out of 4's in the jgd_list boxes, stop. You've just granted the Jedi Guardian class access to all feats normally reserved to consulars and sentinels.

Hope this helps,
-Kitt
 thegreatjoshini
12-19-2006, 6:27 PM
holy sh** that's complicated. I didn't realize there that many steps. with the feats that say "Prerequisite: Lvl. whatever scout, scoundrel, etc." in their descriptions, will that affect the game if I give the feat to a soldier? Do I need to change the the actual description of the feats I am changing as well?
 Kitty Kitty
12-19-2006, 8:32 PM
holy sh** that's complicated. I didn't realize there that many steps. with the feats that say "Prerequisite: Lvl. whatever scout, scoundrel, etc." in their descriptions, will that affect the game if I give the feat to a soldier? Do I need to change the the actual description of the feats I am changing as well?

I haven't actually tried doing this myself, but unless some of this is hard-coded or controlled elsewhere, the requisites shouldn't make any difference. You'll effectively be removing the class requirement (or at least adding soldier/guardian to those allowed) and the level requirement should stay the same as it was. If I remember right, that's controlled by the 'mincharlevel' colum.

You shouldn't need to do anything with the descriptions I wouldn't think... Though it's possible that those listed requirements are in fact in the dialogue files someplace. Again, I haven't actually needed to mess around with feats myself yet, so I'm not sure.

Which means it's possible that if you don't edit their descriptions, they may still say something like "Prerequisite: Level 4 Scout" or somesuch, but unless that terribly bugs you, so long as you CAN get the feat, I wouldn't worry about it. Changing those descriptions was a lot more complicated as I recall.

-Kitt
 thegreatjoshini
12-20-2006, 12:51 AM
well thank you for all the information. I now understand what to do and I am not even going to screw with the descrips. I don't see any reason to. The funny thing I realized is that my Revan won't be the only one with all these feats. It looks like Carth and Canderous will be able to have every single feat as well.
 Darkkender
12-20-2006, 3:55 PM
I think you can go into classes.2da and directly tell it there to use a feat list from another class without all of the above effort.
 Kitty Kitty
12-20-2006, 6:04 PM
I think you can go into classes.2da and directly tell it there to use a feat list from another class without all of the above effort.

Sure, you could. But you'd be telling that class to ONLY use that other list, which means they'd lose access to the feats they normally get, which isn't how I read the request.

Unless I was mistaken, they wanted to keep the original feats the soldier / guardian got, but add the other classes in as well, and you can't do that by simply changing which feat list is used.

Now.. I haven't tried it, but I imagine these are some of the files that could probably make use of additional columns if you wanted to do it that way -essentially creating a "new" class within the feats table and then pointing to it in classes.2da. That wouldn't really be any 'easier' though, it would merely preserve the original data for soldier/guardian, but that's not really a big issue since re-extracting a "stock" copy is a pretty simple matter if you get it all goofed up. ;)

-Kitt
 thegreatjoshini
12-21-2006, 3:08 AM
kitty was right. I followed her instructions and everything worked out exactly as I wanted it to.
edit: hey i just realized I have one more question. do I modify spells.2da to lower the level prerequisites of force powers?
 Kitty Kitty
12-21-2006, 7:01 AM
If I remember right, yes. I think the columns in that one (for what you're doing) would be 'guardian' and 'weapmstr' -for guardians and weapons masters respectively of course. As you look down the list, watch those columns. A number here indicates the level at which they gain access to the power in question.

-1 here means they don't get it (usually used to "shut off" special powers or sometimes ones that were never actually finished and don't work and so on...)
0 means you can choose it whenever you want (as long as you have any pre-requisites before it) and anything else is what level you need to be before you choose that power.

-Kitt
Page: 1 of 1