Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

question about max # of mods i can put in my game

Page: 1 of 1
 psand
12-03-2006, 11:17 AM
I recently tried to put more mod info into my override folder in Kotor. I got a message which said basically there wasn't any more room to do so. Is there a way around this? Is there a max to the number of mods you can add into the game? Any help with this would be appreciated! :ears1:
 jonathan7
12-03-2006, 8:34 PM
there isnt a maximum number of mods you can install. Its more an issue of compatibility, eg. if 2 different mods edit the same file then there will be issues of compatibility.

Ive never heard of that problem before though, I donno what the issue is, I didnt think the override folder had a maximum number of mods. It might be a mod that needs you to put something in a different folder (eg. the modules folder) as well.
 Prime
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
What did you get the message from? The game? Or something else?

And this is the wrong place for this. Moving...
 T7nowhere
12-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Did the message pop-up from your task bar, where the clock is? Did it have "low disk space" in the pop-up balloon?

If it did, you should open "My Computer" > View > Details

On the right hand side of the window will be two columns Total size and Free space, if you don't have enough freespace to copy the mod to Override you won't be able to. To solve this you will need to make room on the drive, by deleting files or programs that you no longer use.

Edit: The only limit to the amount of mods you can have is determined by the amount of freespace the partition that your game is installed on has.
 psand
12-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the help! Naturally when I tried to duplicate the problem it didnt happen again. Frustrating but if it happens again I know who to ask. Thanks! And T7 your picture scares me a little. :)
Page: 1 of 1