Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New modules?

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth InSidious
11-30-2006, 2:35 PM
OK, everyone is probably aware of m21aa, the missing Czerka depot I found a while back...(I now think it is part of Sleheyron, due to the external doorway not looking very Korribanish, and, having looked at the VO's, it seems the Korriban depot was deliberately rather small...)

Well, I've been doing some digging in the layout, and I think I may have found some new modules.

The names of the .lyt files are:

m09zz (appears to be a cut/incomplete area of the Sith base on Taris...there's basically just a corridor and a single room that looks like it might be a medlab...) - No walkmesh :( - Looks on closer inspection like an abandoned stunt module...
m12ac*
m12ad*
m12ae*
m12af*
m12ag*
m12ah*
m19aa
m25ab
m41az
m44ad
m45mg (cut swoop biking in space?/on the Unknown World? )
m46aa
m47aa

*IIRC, m12 is an Ebon Hawk identifier. Cut EH cutscenes possibly?

If any of these actually appear in-game/you would like to help/offer info/comment, I'd be grateful for anything you could do :)

Other than that, any speculation on this?

Oh, and of course, more reports when I have investigated more ;)
 Darth InSidious
12-02-2006, 3:58 AM
 Darth Malefice
12-02-2006, 4:25 AM
WOW! This is great. Any way where we could warp to it to check it out ourselves?
 Pavlos
12-02-2006, 4:43 AM
Darth, how long did it take you to find all these?! Great Job. Any chance of you uploading the files so I can take a look at them?
 Darth InSidious
12-02-2006, 10:19 AM
D'oh! Knew I forgot to include something...
>.<

Will try and put this up somewhere soon...

Please not that the area is VERY incomplete- walls and floors and other bits are missing in places...

About the only really salvagable part IMO is the Sarlacc Pit...I'm thinking a Dark Side Nexus on Korriban, maybe?

re: time - actually, it's only taken a couple of evenings, reallly :)

In some ways I quite enjoy it...

...Of course in others, it's just like hitting your head against a brick wall :xp:

@D'Albetot/LDB: I'll try and include a .mod file in the pack :)
 Pavlos
12-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Well, not that we know what they were for but they could be made usable in mods with some handy custom-made placeables and texturing. The Rakatan temple is particularly interesting.
 Elven6
12-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmm this seems intresting, I was thinking of Slyheron and I was thinking, we might be able to make it but it would only contain 3 or 4 modules, of course it won't be has the devs intented but we can have the few modules salvaged in it.
 Darth InSidious
12-02-2006, 1:12 PM
This module is from Tatooine :)

@Pavlos: I think it's pretty clear from that end room that this was the Sarlacc Pit/Star Map stuff. Also, at one end of the cave system, there's a wall with the Tatooine backdrop on it ;)

It would need some VERY clever placeable work...I'm considering whether or not to do it atm...It *IS* a lot of work, and some stuff I can't do - such as the little white/blank spaces between each room...I might give it a go for the well-chamber, though...
 knightmare66
12-03-2006, 1:54 AM
Is that m19aa? The walls and floors might not actually be missing, but actually not displayed, because there's a dummy .vis file for that module, with each submodel having 0 other visible submodels.

As for the other modules, m25ab is probably the cut area from Kashyyyk, and m44ad another section of the Temple of the Ancients. m41az might be another part of the Unknown World.

Edit: The module files for these areas might just be in the XBox version of K1. After all, the XBox version of TSL is where Team Gizka found the module files for the HK Factory and Droid Planet.
 Darth InSidious
12-03-2006, 7:53 AM
^Yes, that's m19aa :)

Thanks for the info on the .vis ... I hadn't quite worked out all the details on how it worked...

m44ad it turns out is the cutscene at the end of the DS game with the 'all hail Darth Revan..." etc...

m25ab does appear to be part of the Shadowlands, although so far every time I've tried to change the spawnpoint, I've ended up under a tree >.<

The Xbox idea might just be true...Can anyone double-check that?
 knightmare66
12-03-2006, 1:19 PM
I found that m46aa is the Mysterious Box map (module name ebo_m46ab).

If you post a module file for download, could you also re-post the one you made for the missing Czerka depot (because pcgamemods is down)? Thanks.

Edit: The m12 modules are probably for the turret mini-games.
 Darkkender
12-03-2006, 4:27 PM
I would be interested in getting ahold of this stuff as well. by the way I've yet to ever have the download link for those sabers that you pm'ed me work.
 Emperor Devon
12-03-2006, 4:38 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on those! Awesome find, DI. :thumbsup:
 Darth InSidious
12-03-2006, 5:27 PM
@km66: Sure thing, I'll do that ASAP :) . BTW, your suggestion worked a treat, thanks :)

@DK: Hmm...I'll try and PM them to you again to make sure they're the right ones...If not, I'll re-upload and try again...
 knightmare66
12-04-2006, 9:17 PM
m41az turns out to be the LS award ceremony end cutscene. So that leaves m45mg and m47aa as unknowns.
 knightmare66
12-05-2006, 8:04 PM
I managed to spawn into m25ab. It looks like an intermediary map between upper and lower shadowlands- just more of the same, and doesn't seem to have any interesting landmarks. It is rather well finished, though, only needing a little tweaking to the .vis file. I found a good starting point at (132,38, 136.25, 10.54).

Edit: I also spawned into m47aa and it's a copy of the temple summit, only with different lighting. It's probably the one used for the revelation cutscene.
 Darth InSidious
12-06-2006, 11:40 AM
^Thanks for the spawnpoint and info :)

Good thinking on m47...although didn't the cutscene in question have the afternoon skybox?

I'm going to do some work on the swoop race thing in a bit...see what's going on there...
Page: 1 of 1