Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pop cap in GC and space stations

Page: 1 of 1
 YertyL
11-21-2006, 5:47 PM
This is really a simple idea; ATM a planet gives you a pop cap of 5 in galactic mode while the pop cap a space station gives is 10-12-13-...( I think), almost forcing you to build a space station above every single planet you have, because a planet alone won't even give you the pop cap needed to properly defend it, let alone build a fleet or attack force.
I would suggest increasing the pop cap of planets pretty heavily, perhaps to 10 or 12, while decreasing the pop cap a space station gives to e.g. 3-6-8-10-12 (or similar) and increasing its prize (especially on the lower levels), perhaps to 1200-1800-2400-4800-6000 (from 600-1200-2400-4800-6000).
That way, building a space station would become more of a strategic decision (because of the higher prize) and would be less needed just to up your pop cap. ATM it is normal to have a level 1-2 station above every single planet - that is neither movie-like nor strategically interesting.
I'd find it perfect if space stations would be similar to Turbolaser towers, built as a heavy protection of a strategically important planet or above a central planet as a space factory rather than being more common than a barracks....
Page: 1 of 1