Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GPS Locator

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Chimp
11-20-2006, 9:41 PM
This is my first actual mod release - a GPS Locator armband that displays the current area map.

Thanks to tk102 and Darth333 for their help with this! :D

Title: GPS Locator
Author: TheChimp
Date Released: 20-11-06

This mod works with both KotOR and TSL. It is currently incompatible with any mods using the spells.2da file. It also modifies your footlocker on the Endar Spire in KotOR, as well as the broken protocol droid in the Ebon Hawk prologue and the corpse in the Peragus morgue in TSL.

It will also work underwater in Manaan (environment suit), and outside the Peragus Administration level. The Peragus version (space suit) will not work if you've reached the Fuel Depot before installing the mod. It will work if you start a new game or if you install the files when you first wake up on Peragus.

Hopefully any information needed is included in the readme file - there's more detail in there.

Files included:

Source:
· gps.nss
· k_pman_sonic.nss

KotOR:
· spells.2da
· gps.ncs
· k_pman_sonic.ncs
· gps_locator.tga
· gps_locator.uti
· man28_sonic.uti
· footlker001.utp

KotORII - TSL:
· spells.2da
· gps.ncs
· gps_locator.tga
· d_shield_22.uti
· gps_locator.uti
· lev40_spacesuit.uti
· g_tresdrd004.utp
· g_tresgencorp004.utp

I've submitted it to KotOR Files, and as yet it's not up there (I only submitted it yesterday). Any feedback would be appreciated, contact details are in the readme of the zip file. KotOR Files (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/) is the only website I'll allow the file to be hosted on.

Severely belated edit: Removed original file link - only KotOR Files is allowed to host this now.
 Anakin Skywalker
11-20-2006, 9:51 PM
I'll download it, it sounds pretty cool.
 The_Chimp
11-22-2006, 5:56 AM
UPDATE: The mod is now up here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/GPS_Locator_for_both_KOTOR_TSL;72750) at KotOR Files. Thanks Shem! :D

Thanks for downloading it, RevanSithMaster! Hope you find it useful!
 Agnus
03-07-2008, 1:16 AM
Very good mod, though I don't like to alter the game content. So here is the question: is it possible to create a mod which would only reveal map, without adding any new items or altering the game content? There was something like that to jade Empire - drop a few files into "Override" and the maps are revealed. Any chance to do it hear? (I don't wanna use cheats to reveal maps).
 Ado13
07-27-2015, 4:54 AM
Can anyone reupload this since filefront is down ?
Page: 1 of 1