Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Disable one Faction?

Page: 1 of 1
 sherlockemery
11-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Can you disable one faction in Galactic Conquest? I want to play just empire vs rebels...
 Rust_Lord
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Nope. If you want that you gotta play standard EaW with no FoC units.
 sherlockemery
11-19-2006, 11:23 PM
That Stinks...

Anyone think we could mod this option in?
 Darth_Extas
11-20-2006, 5:27 PM
Actually you might beable, you can basically turn the Consotitorum into the "Pirates" or the original EaW, I believe you can change whether it is selectable in the XML.
 sherlockemery
11-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Has there been a full extraction of the xml file for forces of corruption yet?
 Slocket
11-21-2006, 3:34 AM
Yes, i made a full extraction of the XML and all. You can easily disable any one of the faction in the Campaign_GC.xml file. Just assign the AI player for that faction as none.

Then remove all pre-games units for that faction from the xml.

I find the win conditions can be goofy, you cna name specific planets that must be taken to win, and for the AI. I would say until the patch is out to fix a myriad of small bugs and balance issues, getting to far into modding is a waste of time in a way.

What GC map do want and what exactly?
 sherlockemery
11-21-2006, 9:20 PM
I was wanting the largest map available, and only have the option of Empire or Rebels. I just don't care about the other faction...
 Slocket
11-23-2006, 5:09 AM
OK, let me see what I can do. I assume out of the five or so maps, the big one with 55 planets.

Plus, depending upon which side you play, the initial planet distrubution is different. Example, playing the Empire in Origin of Corruption GC mode you start with one planet and the AI gets alot more, it changes for each faction you play.

I think you want the AI and you both to start out with one planet each (Coruscant and say Yavin or something decent). Plus maybe place some non-expanding pirates in to slow down the initial land grab. As of now, the pirate faction is disabled in FoC. I wonder if it still works if I renable it.
 QuestGAV
11-23-2006, 10:30 AM
You might want to start with the file Darth Khasei posted here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=172061)

It doesn't have the Consortium disabled but it does have 55 planets and each side down to 1 planet. I would love to have a version of that GC with all three factions having 1 planet and pirates around to slow down the rest.
 sherlockemery
11-23-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm playing that one right now QuestGAV. Thank you.

Slocket, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. That scenario would make me a very happy camper.

I just can't get into the ZC at all. I think they could have used Jabba/Talon Karrde/Xizor with a greater effect. Karrde could have defected to the rebels at one point or something for a plot twist...
 wedge2211
11-23-2006, 10:35 PM
It would be great if some industrious modder could write a GUI frontend for editing galactic maps and objectives. I know it's easy to do via XML (and I keep telling myself I'm going to try setting some GCs up), but I bet community-built galactic conquest campaigns would really take off if there was an easy-to-use tool.
 TearsOfIsha
11-24-2006, 5:51 AM
I'm playing that one right now QuestGAV. Thank you.

Slocket, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. That scenario would make me a very happy camper.

I just can't get into the ZC at all. I think they could have used Jabba/Talon Karrde/Xizor with a greater effect. Karrde could have defected to the rebels at one point or something for a plot twist...

I think Zann is a fair enough character, but i take your meaning. Xizor and Black Sun would have been a better fit to the Star Wars universe than a massive, galaxy spanning cartel that could go toe-to-toe with the best the Galactic Empire had to offer yet no-one has ever heard of them outside of FoC.

I don't think Karrde would have worked either - some of the stuff doesn't seem his style. Massive battlecruisers with prototype weapons and platoons of hovertanks? Nah, that's nowt like him.
 Naso
11-24-2006, 10:14 AM
They fit him in nicely in the campaign, but outside of that conquest, GC particularly, it is a bit odd. I always just wonder about the mechanics of him running up to an ATAT and bribing the guy way up there about to step on him too, but that's just me.
 PoiuyWired
11-24-2006, 3:22 PM
well, care to post the extracted xml? I would like to change around a few things on my own, and don't want to work on anything other than the xml.
 sherlockemery
11-24-2006, 9:13 PM
I don't have the xml file, I'm begging to get my hands on one...
 Slocket
11-25-2006, 1:11 AM
I am getting on it now. Sorry for the delay. It was such a 'Happy Thanksgiving' here in the USA :/ relatives....sometimes I wonder....

Now I can get back to gaming. I am changing that map, plus seeing if the pirate AI will work if it is re-enabled. I do not want to post a poor working map. :)
 sherlockemery
11-25-2006, 2:53 AM
I've done some goofing myself, and found if you remove all units, and change the AI for the faction you don't want in the game to none, That faction doesn't expand, doesn't build, and only has the one planet if you use the file linked in the questgav post above...
 Slocket
11-26-2006, 2:55 PM
That will work. Plus you must manually add in Pirates to slow down the AI land grab. I have finished a beta version if you want to try. For some reason I had a problem with uploading it to Rapidshare. It is the above mention file with pirates added, and only the Empire with Rebels, plus starting with only one planet each.

It can have more or less pirates added in, but that is a balance issue. It seems to work good enough for now. Let me get a link again today.
 Slocket
11-27-2006, 5:11 AM
Empire vs Rebel only Mod. for the Equal Footing GC map.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5011285/Empire_Rebel_gc.zip.html)

I do find it interesting how the AI expands, and waits for you to catch up, or how big a starbase it will attack on Medium. I hope Petro can make the AI more smarter.

I was using a simple three party Rebel raid with Air Speeders and the Empire was too stupid to build one AA turret to shoot them down. It did build one randomly in EAW, but not in FoC for some reason.
 QuestGAV
11-27-2006, 7:14 PM
Thanks Slocket, I'm going to give that a whirl as the Rebels. Would it be possible to have a 2nd version of that file with the ZC reenabled as well?
 Slocket
11-28-2006, 2:47 AM
Sure, and if the first map is working...a map pack with different faction combination for all to play against to select from.

I think it makes an interesting gameplay.
 QuestGAV
11-28-2006, 7:14 AM
It's working pretty well so far. I've got 12ish planets under my control, the Empire has 18 or so on Hard and a big fleet knocking on my door.

I don't know if this was a bug related to the map or if it was just a random occurence but there was a group of 3 stormtroopers above Mandalore where no Imp ships should have been able to get to. When I moved my space stack on top of it they joined the stack and couldn't attack them. They flew around with my fleet for a bit until the next space battle (with pirates), during which they flew in with my ships and were immediately destroyed.
 PoiuyWired
11-28-2006, 8:47 AM
funny but, but at least its not affacting your game.
 QuestGAV
11-28-2006, 1:08 PM
Yeah, a little hiccup but the game hasn't puked on me yet.
 tedsta
06-18-2007, 7:17 PM
Empire vs Rebel only Mod. for the Equal Footing GC map.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5011285/Empire_Rebel_gc.zip.html)

I do find it interesting how the AI expands, and waits for you to catch up, or how big a starbase it will attack on Medium. I hope Petro can make the AI more smarter.

I was using a simple three party Rebel raid with Air Speeders and the Empire was too stupid to build one AA turret to shoot them down. It did build one randomly in EAW, but not in FoC for some reason.

I noticed that you created a mod that allows you to disable the zc in gc. I am really interested in acquiring this mod. But when I went to retrieve it, the file was no longer there. Perhaps you could repost this mod so that I could acquire it. Thanks
 PoiuyWired
06-20-2007, 3:03 PM
BUnpish for re-upload anyone?
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-20-2007, 8:18 PM
Chandlers FOC mod disables the Consortium.
Page: 1 of 1