Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Silri

Page: 1 of 1
 YertyL
11-15-2006, 2:12 PM
This thread is meant to discuss the balance of the ZC hero silri (the nightsister);
ATM I find her just too strong:

- First off, she owns other land heroes and units pretty hard in combat (I haven't tested all, but Luke was totally fried) even without the use of her special abilities
-Silri can attack any planet any time, being a cloaked unit (I have already started another thread concerning the unbalance of this)
- Drain life is extremly strong, immobilizing all units in a certain radius, damaging them and healing Silri - I mean, that's like sonic blast, EMP shock, a stronger lightning that works against vehicles as well and Force heal combined together into one power - and it even works against heroes (about the only special ability that does this).
- Cuddles too is simply extremly strong. Just consider that a nightsister is a unit that costs the ZC 2000 credits and can own AT-ATs; and now add that Cuddles does far more damage (he kills about everything in 1-2 hits, even AT-ATs), takes more of a beating and spawns and respawns for free. Yeah, you get the idea.

My suggestions for balancing Silri a bit are the following:
-Lower Silri's damge a bit - nightsisters shouldn't own jedi and Sith (or perhaps take the help of her rancor to own them)
-Uncloak Silri in galactic mode
-Somehow (perhaps only slightly) lower the damage drain life does or somehow limit the stun effect by shortening or even removing it
-Make Cuddles not better than a normal nightsister unit, i.e. lower his damage quite a bit

These nerfs may seem a bit extreme, however I think that Silri would still be a very good, just not a godlike unit.
What do you think?
Page: 1 of 1