Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TIE Defender in Battlefront 2?

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Wombird
11-14-2006, 12:21 AM
What I would really like to see in Battlefront 2 is a TIE Defender. The Defender is like the ultimate fighter in Star Wars. It has the agility and speed of a TIE fighter and the armament and shields of whatever the Rebel Alliance would dare throw at it. How awesome would it be to fly this in Battlefront space battle? It would totally dominate...

Has anyone seen a Defender mod before?
 jawathehutt
11-14-2006, 7:53 PM
I think there might be one in ord ibbana but it could be something else
 The_Wombird
11-14-2006, 9:30 PM
In what? Ord Ibbana? Is that a map or something?
 jawathehutt
11-15-2006, 9:47 PM
it comes with the conversion pack 1.76, I would advise getting the Conversion pack 1.7.5 and then 1.7.8
 The_Wombird
11-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Any other maps that have a TIE Defender in them? Or a mod that adds them?
 minilogoguy18
12-08-2006, 1:48 PM
if you wanted to add a ship to a map youd have to download the source files and add it in as a side in a map of your own.
 The_Wombird
12-09-2006, 6:09 AM
Okay, that isn't really my area of expertise, has anyone seen a TIE Defender in Battlefront 2 before?
 Daft Adidas
12-09-2006, 6:16 AM
No, but it wuld be cool
 Azron_Stoma
08-22-2007, 8:03 PM
sorry if this feels like thread Necromancy, but it shoulden't be an issue since I have new, relevant info right?

They appear to be adding in the TIE defender into the Renegade Squadron game ... but that's exclusive for the PSP... unknown how they are handling the TIE Defender in that because, the TIE Defender in Forces of Corruption wasn't terribly spectacular, just more of an Imperial B-Wing, lots of firepower, but not spectacularly manuverable...

the way I see the TIE Defender is having the toughness of a Y-wing or Bomber, The Speed and Manuverability at least that of an A-wing or TIE Interceptor, Torpedoes like that of a TIE Fighter (which btw are 2x stronger than the X-wing Torps) and armed with the following

on the top side, two Particle cannons like that found on a Bellabub or Y-wing or TIE Bomber

on the bottom side (the bottom two cannons on either panel) guns like the TIE Fighter or ARC-170 due to placement,

and on the side (the top two cannons on either side) guns like that on a TIE Interceptor.

possibly the ability to either switch between gun types or fire linking like in the old XVT series

the main issue would be balance, a possible limit on how many would spawn during a game? or have 1 spawn at a time? and possibly make it so only those with a certain reward can use it? like a class restriction or something.

it would be a fun toy to play with in single player, but in multiplayer I don't think the battlefront 2 engine can support the adjustments needed to balance it and keep people from fighting over who gets to fly it.
 jawathehutt
08-23-2007, 1:31 PM
I think there was one in abraxis platforms, but it could have been something else
 grievous797
08-26-2007, 1:02 PM
I personally havent seen a TIE Defender in Battlefront 2 but I heard rumors that one is in development by someone...I forget who though...
Page: 1 of 1